Theoretical and Street Racing Use this board to ask questions about street racing, discuss your street races, and "who would win?" questions. Keep it safe.

Post Your Sleeper Tips/tricks

Search this Thread

Old 11-30-2004, 12:25 PM
Supreme Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Car: 2005 Subaru STI
Engine: 153ci of Turbo Power!
Transmission: 6-Speed
Originally posted by 92 Formula
Does this look like an 11 second car to most people? It is. IMO this was well thought out by Tim. In truth, quite a few have raced me in this car thinking it was just another slow IROC...even after they must have heard the cam! So, it's my definition of a sleeper.
No way that is an 11 second car!

Tim
Old 11-30-2004, 12:26 PM
Supreme Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Car: 91 Camaro Vert
Engine: 02 LS1, HX40
Transmission: 2002 LS1 M6
Originally posted by [VU]Juan
I am with PhAnToMs on this one... here are the top 10 i applied myself...

#1 Primer or Flat Black (currently primer, soon flat black)
#2 No 12" Gauges on your dash, keep them stock or where they can't be seen from outside fron a car at the same height.
#3 Dumps, don't get the 3" exhausts sticking out the sides or really long chrome pipes on the rear. Nothing too loud either.
#4 No stickers, no badges, I removed all my TRANS AM bages and the birds, all smooth
#5 14" Stock Rims on decent tires, nothing too obvious of course.
#6 No extra "racing" crap, don't get the race car gas tank lid and such.
#7 Windows, no tint, I know it sounds stupid, but we are trying to go for a simple stock look here.
#8 No "racing" seat covers or Type S crap kinda seats. No seat belt harness pads either.
#9 No flames, duh.
#10 Yourself, don't look too cool LOL. Don't wear your "i am fast" sun glasses with your NASCAR jacket and Summit Racing trucker hat. Look "normal" I guess.

Those are the ones I mostly apply...
now, heres how to get thirdgenners to race you.

if a primered, no decal, slightly loaping exhaust, cool "im all stock as far as you can see guy" trys to race me... i think he might have somthing..

now on the flip side, if he had:

#1 custome paint
#2 gauges everywhere
#3 stupid loud exhaust
#4 HUGE z28, TypeR, TransAm ect decals
#5 da bling wheels.
#6 race car gas tank lid and such.
#7 tint
#8 "racing" seat covers or Type S crap kinda seats. No seat belt harness pads either.
#9 flames/vinyl
#10 wearing your "i am fast" sun glasses with your NASCAR jacket and Summit Racing trucker hat. (or if they look like the NOPI guy)

if he had that.... i would consider him the genric modern douche, and expect to wax his ***.
look around here and elsewhere... 99% of the people that do thoes things, DONT have a fast car. if you want to race and trick someone like me, THATS how you do it.

meanwhile, how do the fast street cars look?
did you say stock?! you are CORRECT!

:lala:
Old 11-30-2004, 12:35 PM
TGO Supporter

Location: Avatar: My 34' 1989 Scarab III w/ twin 454's (502's Started!)
Car: 1989 Wellcraft Scarab III
Engine: Twin 454's
Axle/Gears: Twin Mercruiser Bravo I's
Originally posted by TRAXION
No way that is an 11 second car!

Tim
Yep... I'm also following your suggestion and slowly collecting parts for a future 427 build up. Had a good deal of fun in the IROC yesterday, too.
Old 11-30-2004, 12:35 PM
cgb

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Now it's the "Reverse sleeper" theory...

A guy I now has been working on imports for a loooong time.. anyway he got a Turbo DSM not too long ago that some kid had hacked up. he fixed the BS wrong with it, then tweaked it a "bit"... it runs low 12's....

BUT he left the TACKY, NASTY Fast and Furious stuff on it LOL

Big ugly spoiler, colored tint, UGLY rims, and really "snazzy" stick on graphics....

He doesn't drive it much, cause he plans on making it look close to stock and drive it more, but he gets ALOT of races with it like it its...

ESPECIALLY 4th gen F-body's... LOL..I was in it ( driving ) and we were going about 25mph at a roll, and it beat a LS1 Camaro pretty bad... at least a couple car lengths...

It was PRICELESS to see that guy's face...
Old 11-30-2004, 12:39 PM
Supreme Member

Originally posted by cgb
Now it's the "Reverse sleeper" theory...

A guy I now has been working on imports for a loooong time.. anyway he got a Turbo DSM not too long ago that some kid had hacked up. he fixed the BS wrong with it, then tweaked it a "bit"... it runs low 12's....

BUT he left the TACKY, NASTY Fast and Furious stuff on it LOL

Big ugly spoiler, colored tint, UGLY rims, and really "snazzy" stick on graphics....

He doesn't drive it much, cause he plans on making it look close to stock and drive it more, but he gets ALOT of races with it like it its...

ESPECIALLY 4th gen F-body's... LOL..I was in it ( driving ) and we were going about 25mph at a roll, and it beat a LS1 Camaro pretty bad... at least a couple car lengths...

It was PRICELESS to see that guy's face...

its the whole "r!cers suck, even though i drive a totally stock V8 and dont know dick about cars either" mentality.
Old 11-30-2004, 12:50 PM

Car: 1991 Camaro *RIP* 1984 MonteCarloSS 1972 Nova
Engine: 355 cid 383 cid
Transmission: TH350 TH350
MrDude hit it in on the head you need to look stock! After the huracanes tore up my familys warehouse we brought home our 69 Z/28 with a 454. This cars best slip is a 10.51@135 now I dont have any pics of the car as it now with all the stuf back on but i do have this pic of when it first got back home. picture the car with draglites attached (tired needed) does this look like a 10 second car?
Attached Thumbnails Post Your Sleeper Tips/tricks-dsc00459.jpg  
Old 11-30-2004, 01:01 PM
Supreme Member

Originally posted by Teal91rs
home. picture the car with draglites attached (tired needed) does this look like a 10 second car?
yes. at least, sitting on a trailer with diffrent back rims and a slight cowl hood, it looks it.

im sure if it does run 10s, it sounds it.
Old 11-30-2004, 01:09 PM

Its pretty quite at idle but once you nail the throttle it screams an earth shattering tone. Its only got 2 1/2' exaust into Supertubro mufflers id say its about 85db at idle. But its soon to get 3 inch pipes into race mufflers with exits before the rear tires.
Old 11-30-2004, 01:38 PM
Supreme Member
TGO - 10 Year Member

Received 375 Likes on 303 Posts
Car: 89 Iroc-z
Engine: 555 BBC Turbo
Transmission: TH400
Axle/Gears: Strange 12 bolt 3.42
http://www.factorystockmusclecars.com/home.html
FAST factory appearance street tire

the ultimate sleepers
check out these rules. all factory parts
http://www.factorystockmusclecars.com/FASTrules.html

these cars have all factory looking including rims and bias ply tires, NO Headers, factory parts.

THEY RUN 11 flats at over 125mph

it dont get any sleepy than that LOL
Old 11-30-2004, 01:43 PM
Supreme Member
TGO - 10 Year Member

heres an example, F.A.S.T car

650hp 484ci Hemi 6inch bias plys
11.70's at 124
Attached Thumbnails Post Your Sleeper Tips/tricks-gtx.jpg  
Old 11-30-2004, 02:00 PM
Supreme Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Car: 2005 Subaru STI
Engine: 153ci of Turbo Power!
Transmission: 6-Speed
Originally posted by 92 Formula
Yep... I'm also following your suggestion and slowly collecting parts for a future 427 build up. Had a good deal of fun in the IROC yesterday, too.
Nice. I'm still helping a bud tune his 427. Getting all the necessary equipment to setup an ECM bench to troubleshoot a wierd ECM problem with running big-cube motors. The BPW seems to flatline and you can't add anymore fuel. I like big cubes! There's a small group of thirdgen guys who I still hang out with ... we're pretty tight-knit and I always dig being around lots of thirdgen power. 427ci Single Plane EFI (with Nitrous), 434 Super Ram, 383 HSR, 406 SuperRam, 406 TT Single Plane EFI, etc. Fun fun fun cars Everything from solid cams to longtubes to special heads, etc. It was really funny to see my Scooby parked amongst that much domestic power. I swapped my STi for the 427ci Single Plane EFI (with Nitrous) for our drive out to dinner. He was driving my Scooby and I was back in another thirdgen (albeit this one having a lot more power). Very sweet.

One day ....

Tim
Old 11-30-2004, 03:44 PM
TGO Supporter

Location: Avatar: My 34' 1989 Scarab III w/ twin 454's (502's Started!)
Car: 1989 Wellcraft Scarab III
Engine: Twin 454's
Axle/Gears: Twin Mercruiser Bravo I's
Nice. I'm still helping a bud tune his 427. Getting all the necessary equipment to setup an ECM bench to troubleshoot a wierd ECM problem with running big-cube motors. The BPW seems to flatline and you can't add anymore fuel.
Yeah, I was following that thread before Thanksgiving. Last I read some were thinking it might be a 730 thing? I'll have to go check the thread again.

I like big cubes!
You?! Really?

Actually, you have a funny way to show it with your wing mobile.

There's a small group of thirdgen guys who I still hang out with ... we're pretty tight-knit and I always dig being around lots of thirdgen power. 427ci Single Plane EFI (with Nitrous), 434 Super Ram, 383 HSR, 406 SuperRam, 406 TT Single Plane EFI, etc. Fun fun fun cars Everything from solid cams to longtubes to special heads, etc.
The only thing I have definitely decided on is that I will be going forged internals...just basically buying the best of everything so I only have to do it once and it will remain reliable and mean. This would be it's final incarnation. Still haven't decided between the 12 bolt or the 9" Ford, but am leaning toward the 12 bolt Moser, 33 spline axles w/ Eaton Posi (might get this with my tax returns!). And, in keeping with this thread, having the car look totally stock on the outside as you did when you built it.

It was really funny to see my Scooby parked amongst that much domestic power. I swapped my STi for the 427ci Single Plane EFI (with Nitrous) for our drive out to dinner. He was driving my Scooby and I was back in another thirdgen (albeit this one having a lot more power). Very sweet.

One day ....

Tim
I hope you'll return as soon as life permits. If I move back to Maryland you'll be able to drive it anytime you like. The car is finally starting to feel like it's mine now days...you know, I'm wussifying it for myself. (heat is back now)

Last edited by 92 Formula; 11-30-2004 at 04:10 PM.
Old 11-30-2004, 04:16 PM
Supreme Member

Car: 1989 TTA
Engine: LC2
Transmission: Worn-out 200R4
Axle/Gears: BW 9-bolt, 3.27's
Rust spots on the hood are good, especially if they've rusted through the hood. Crummy primer job over some of the spots looks tacky. Cracked and rotting aerowing is good too. rattlign noise from rear driver's caliper is good too. Edelbrock cat-back isn't very loud. Since I plan on keeping it factory-looking, I'd say I have something that isn't exactly asleep, but more like dozing.

I agree on the primer thing, though, in that it's being overdone. I see a large number of grey and black primered Uncle Ben's running around here. I guess they want that spooky 'work-in-progress' look. I saw a gawdy Mustang GT yesterday, complete wiht altezzas and some body kit stuff, but I decided to keep my distance - he had a battery disconnect switch on his back end! How fast do you have to go before that's required, anyway?

Last edited by pvt num 11; 11-30-2004 at 05:48 PM.
Old 11-30-2004, 04:23 PM
Supreme Member
TGO - 10 Year Member

i though battery switches are only for drag race cars that compete in bracket racing, in certain classes that run something like under 12 seconds or maybe under 11's. I not sure but all the 11 second drag cars or faster, have those cutoff switches.
Old 11-30-2004, 04:32 PM

Battery cut-off switches are required in all cars that have a relocated batery. It could run a 9 or a 19 if the batterys in the trunk it needs one
Old 11-30-2004, 05:28 PM
Supreme Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Car: 1989 Iroc Z L98
This may be stating the obvious, but it is hard to own a sleeper if you own a fast car and its NHRA legal.

Tell tale signs:
DS safety loop, long wheel studs w/ open lugs, battery cut off switch (or rear mounted battery w/ the hardware to make it work), roll cage, copper oil pressure line, SFI belts, window net mounts, SFI balancer, etc, etc, etc.

Basically, all of my friends who really own "fast" cars who run at the track couldn't pass them off as sleepers.

There are a lot of people who race on the street who don't race at the track, and would be dissapointed with their timeslip if they did.

Look at the C5 vette rental video, probably not much faster than a mid to high 11 second car on the bottle and he is annhilating "fast" street cars.
Old 11-30-2004, 05:52 PM
Supreme Member

Car: 84z, 65 elcamino
Engine: l69 and a hyped up sbc in the camino
Transmission: t5 m21
Axle/Gears: 373s 411s
i dont think most people are gonna look for a safety u under the car or notice the lugs and nuts or the balancer or copper line they will notice the cage the on off switch if its real obvious ive seen some in the tail lights the window net would be a dead give away but u could always leave it down untill its time to race.
Old 11-30-2004, 06:36 PM
Supreme Member

Originally posted by jocww
i dont think most people are gonna look for a safety u under the car or notice the lugs and nuts or the balancer or copper line they will notice the cage the on off switch if its real obvious ive seen some in the tail lights the window net would be a dead give away but u could always leave it down untill its time to race.
Intelligent people take notice of these things...

I can take a look at an nhra legal car and take a really good guess how fast it is by what is and isn't there. Aftermarket wheel studs are easy as hell to spot, D.S. loops are easy too if you know what you are looking for. copper line is a dead giveaway!!!. Autometer, Autogauge and Sunpro mechanical oil pressure gauges all come with nylon pressure line, only someone who runs at the track is going to spend the $10 for copper line to stay legal. Even if you take the window net down there will still be tabs for it...
Old 11-30-2004, 07:44 PM
Supreme Member

so ur able to look under the car and see the studs while the car is moving and how can u see hte lines if the hood is down
Old 11-30-2004, 08:08 PM
Supreme Member
TGO - 10 Year Member

this could be a setup race at some meet somewhere where the cars are parked and you got some money or something on the line. Like real street racing for cash and stuff

or it could be at a stoplight or on a highway from a roll

two different possible scenarios
Old 11-30-2004, 10:19 PM
Supreme Member

Car: 86 Berlinetta 84 MonteCL
Engine: 3.4 MPFI 3.8 229
Transmission: 700r4 T350
There are (at least there used to be) a few people in Houston with purpose built "money cars". They look and sound like POS's but run mid low 10 second passes on DR's. No cages, no NHRA legality (they never ran at the track). They used them to take money from trailer queens with all the cages n stuff. My boss always talks about it, early to mid 90's he says.
Old 11-30-2004, 11:08 PM
Supreme Member

Originally posted by jocww
so ur able to look under the car and see the studs while the car is moving and how can u see hte lines if the hood is down
A. With an open wheel lug, you can spot ARP wheel studs a mile away. Even if they are not ARP, they are going to be long. Its just something that a street racer isnt going to bother to do.

B. Everyone racing for money pops their hood before a street race to check out their opponent.

Just something someone intelligent would look for. Not saying everyone.
Old 11-30-2004, 11:11 PM
Supreme Member

Originally posted by FbodTrek
There are (at least there used to be) a few people in Houston with purpose built "money cars". They look and sound like POS's but run mid low 10 second passes on DR's. No cages, no NHRA legality (they never ran at the track). They used them to take money from trailer queens with all the cages n stuff. My boss always talks about it, early to mid 90's he says.
That scenario is likely. It would be hard as a car guy to build a fast car that I can't race at the dragstrip just so I can get street races though.

Another point to consider- how do street racers tune their cars? I can tell you I picked up 6 mph and 4 tenths just changing timing and jetting with my 350HO. It all feels the same on the street :shrug:, 4 tenths is quite a bit though.
Old 12-01-2004, 01:25 AM
Supreme Member

wow look at us all come out of the wood work
Old 12-01-2004, 03:39 AM
stu

Just because you need a cut-off switch doens't mean that it needs to be visable all the time. Plenty of people put theirs right behind the license plate, then just take it off while at the track. I was going to make mine on a bracket that would be held in place when the hatch was closed, but the cables wouldn't allow the trunk to close. So I just put it in the hole where my rear windshield wiper used to be. All my friends think it's hilarious to switch it off and screw up my stereo settings.

Old 12-01-2004, 04:30 AM

Car: 1988 gta
Engine: 5.7
Transmission: turbo 350
ha! i had mine mounted under the front fender(not for nhra leagality) i used to turn mine off everywhere. ultamate theft proof.
Old 12-01-2004, 11:24 AM
Supreme Member

Ha, there's away to see if the switch is real and not a poser look-alike, go flip it off.
"Dude! You killed my car!" Yup, it's real. Guess it's time to go RIGHT NOW!
Old 12-01-2004, 12:20 PM

Car: blue
Engine: LS1
Transmission: 6 speed
Axle/Gears: 3.73 posi
stock hood , wheels , and ride hight with factory gages. I fool them all the time.
Attached Thumbnails Post Your Sleeper Tips/tricks-comp208.jpg  

Last edited by 89rsragtop; 12-01-2004 at 12:23 PM.
Old 12-01-2004, 12:21 PM

Car: blue
Engine: LS1
Transmission: 6 speed
Axle/Gears: 3.73 posi
And never open the hood!!!
Attached Thumbnails Post Your Sleeper Tips/tricks-tomsnydersls1motor7450_ezr.jpg  

Last edited by 89rsragtop; 12-01-2004 at 12:57 PM.
Old 12-01-2004, 12:27 PM
Supreme Member

Originally posted by unknown_host
Intelligent people take notice of these things...

I can take a look at an nhra legal car and take a really good guess how fast it is by what is and isn't there. Aftermarket wheel studs are easy as hell to spot, D.S. loops are easy too if you know what you are looking for. copper line is a dead giveaway!!!. Autometer, Autogauge and Sunpro mechanical oil pressure gauges all come with nylon pressure line, only someone who runs at the track is going to spend the $10 for copper line to stay legal. Even if you take the window net down there will still be tabs for it...

yup.. i got busted for the copper line years ago.... i was in high school. lol.

im sure if someone is board enough to do a search, you can find my post bitching about it on here... lmao. :lala:

thats just one of a million things you pick up by DOING... and not from reading on teh intrawebnet
Old 12-01-2004, 12:28 PM
Supreme Member

Car: 1991 RS Camaro (Jet Black)
Engine: 95 383 CI (6.3) LT1
Transmission: 95 T-56
Dont wash the car.

RS Badges

Ride along side them in one higher gear and get on it in a higher gear and make them think you got something but its just not moving. Works like a charm .

When you hit the light, smoke their *** .
Old 12-01-2004, 02:32 PM
stu

I never hooked my cut off switch up all the way, so it only cuts off the battery when the car is off. When I went to get teched I had to just unhook the alternator and drive it down there real quick. It sure is nice for when I'm pulling up at a meet and some smart *** flips it off while I'm driving through the parking lot. Then I can laugh at them and say, "Haha, I'm too incompetent to have that trick work on me."

Old 12-01-2004, 02:41 PM

Originally posted by pasky
Dont wash the car.

RS Badges

Ride along side them in one higher gear and get on it in a higher gear and make them think you got something but its just not moving. Works like a charm .

When you hit the light, smoke their *** .
LMFAO! My kickdown cable on this car doesnt work so when i pull besdie people im either always in second or third and when i launch i look like i have a load of bricks in the back. They think they have me figured then when i tell'em im feelin lucky cuase i just retarted the timeing and tuned my q-jet. They take the bait and cant resist offering me money by the time im in second if im beisde them i love waveing picking up my nitrous cable (swtich mounted on a coiled telephone looking wire) push the button and take off. But after awhile they start telling there friends about that white SS that tricked them. They always complament me on my acting they say its top notch lmfao
Old 12-01-2004, 03:40 PM

Car: 83 Trans Am
Engine: 5.7 (350) TPI
Transmission: soon to be 700r4
Axle/Gears: 9-bolt rear. gears? hell if i know
I think my car will be a great sleeper, I still have the stock wheels and tail lights, anyone who knows anything about cars will assume i have the 305 in there. I bet most of the people here would be intimidated just by the fact that it is a trans am. I live in appleton and we only have a pop. of about 70k, Im sure the *****'s will avoid me eitherway stock or not.
Old 12-01-2004, 05:01 PM

Car: 77 Firebird
Engine: 454
Transmission: th350
Axle/Gears: 4.10
I bet most of the people here would be intimidated just by the fact that it is a trans am. I live in appleton and we only have a pop. of about 70k, Im sure the *****'s will avoid me eitherway stock or not.
An 83 TA isn't going to intimidate many people in the Fox Valley Appleton area, but with a 350 tpi and a 5 speed its a great sleeper.
Old 12-01-2004, 07:50 PM
Supreme Member

Oh, and leave the hatch louvers on. I hate those things. They make it look slow, and they're tacky as hell. Nevermind they're use dto keep the heat out of the hatch. How well does it work, anyway?
Old 12-02-2004, 01:28 AM

Car: 83 Trans Am
Engine: 5.7 (350) TPI
Transmission: soon to be 700r4
Axle/Gears: 9-bolt rear. gears? hell if i know
its funny cause when I bought this car I was actually going to deviate and buy a Saturn and I remember telling my friend how sweet it would be to have a black firebird or Trans am with Louvers! We were out in Kaukauna and I spotted it instantly, but didn't see the louvers until I got close, yes they do a great job of keeping the heat out of the car in the summer. Most people hate them, but I have always liked them. Cool points for louvers and being retro.

Just to let you know I am just a youngin (19) turn 20 in December. I grew up in the 80's with louvers on all sorts of cars!
Old 12-02-2004, 04:18 AM

Originally posted by pvt num 11
Oh, and leave the hatch louvers on. I hate those things. They make it look slow, and they're tacky as hell. Nevermind they're use dto keep the heat out of the hatch. How well does it work, anyway?
What? I love louvers!
Old 12-02-2004, 11:27 AM
Supreme Member

Car: 1989 Camaro IROC-Z
Engine: L98 350 TPI
Transmission: Built TH-700 R4 (Vilgilante 2800)
Axle/Gears: 9 bolt w/ PBR's
Originally posted by 83BlackBeauty
I think my car will be a great sleeper, I still have the stock wheels and tail lights, anyone who knows anything about cars will assume i have the 305 in there. I bet most of the people here would be intimidated just by the fact that it is a trans am. I live in appleton and we only have a pop. of about 70k, Im sure the *****'s will avoid me eitherway stock or not.
How does stock tail lights make your car a sleeper?

Kevin
Old 12-02-2004, 01:03 PM
Supreme Member
TGO - 10 Year Member

well altezzas add 50hp or so... LOL
Old 12-02-2004, 01:16 PM
Supreme Member

Car: 1966 impala , 1998 sebring vert,1978 buick regal turbo, 1991 chevy silverado 3/4ton 4x4 lifted
Engine: 283, 2.5,3.8 turbo 350
Transmission: powerglide,auto overdrive, th350,4L80
Originally posted by pvt num 11
we bought an 89 iroc z in 94 from a dealer that had the louvers on it i honestly love the look of louvers on thirdgens the only thing i dont like about them is they rattle some...

but calling them tacky is just an opinion...
like someone saying that a certain style wing on the back of a camaro or firebird looks tacky...i understand you have an opinion .......as we all do

they do actually keep the heat down in the hatch area i believe but not enough to be the only reason to install them on your car...you have to like the look of them
Old 12-02-2004, 02:14 PM

Well, you could act like a complete bafoon when people ask you about your car.

"What'cha runnin in that Z?"

"Pistons and intake, dawg"

Old 12-02-2004, 02:14 PM
Supreme Member

heres a perfect example of how to street race with anything:

Originally posted by Orr89RocZ
well altezzas add 50hp or so... LOL

its this arrogent macho, "V8s rock, r!cers suck" attitude that makes it sooooo easy to get a race..

just pretend to be a ***** idiot, and most guys on here will jump on the chance to race you...
it doesnt take much... a stupid wing... ugly rims... anything to make them think you're a ignorant r!cer/wannabe racer.

by having the right attitude, you can lure any idiot into racing you. regardless of what you drive.
Old 12-02-2004, 03:25 PM
Supreme Member
TGO - 10 Year Member

its this arrogent macho, "V8s rock, r!cers suck" attitude that makes it sooooo easy to get a race..

just pretend to be a ***** idiot, and most guys on here will jump on the chance to race you...
it doesnt take much... a stupid wing... ugly rims... anything to make them think you're a ignorant r!cer/wannabe racer.

by having the right attitude, you can lure any idiot into racing you. regardless of what you drive

exactly. saying stuff like that and not displaying anysort of knowledge will sucker most anybody into a race. unless your engine car is obviously fast by evidence of big block, supercharger and a shortend 9inch ford rear with roll cage, LOL, you should have no problem getting someone to bite.
Old 12-02-2004, 03:30 PM
Supreme Member

Originally posted by Orr89RocZ
exactly. saying stuff like that and not displaying anysort of knowledge will sucker most anybody into a race. unless your engine car is obviously fast by evidence of big block, supercharger and a shortend 9inch ford rear with roll cage, LOL, you should have no problem getting someone to bite.

my uncle helped me put this cage in! it looks killer!! i put bondo on the seams before we painted it so it looks really smooth!

ooh, and its real too, i can run in the 3s with it!. its cause im so fast, i run a 5 on the track... im not no ***** 9 second *****... look at the rear end.

i bought the car from a guy who used to race in prostock... thats how i got the race suspension....

lmao... you can bull****, even if you have a nitro huffing, 8second, NHRA legal alll out race machine.
its all in the talk and attitude.
Old 12-02-2004, 04:20 PM

Car: 92 Rally
Engine: 305
Transmission: 700R4
Axle/Gears: 3.27
Personally I don't think Camaro's or Firebirds make good sleepers.. They are known to be sports cars and when you pull up to one you never know what to expect. If I was going to do a sleeper it would probably be a Ford Thunderbird Super Coupe. I know, I said the F word.
Old 12-02-2004, 05:08 PM
Supreme Member

Car: 1966 impala , 1998 sebring vert,1978 buick regal turbo, 1991 chevy silverado 3/4ton 4x4 lifted
Originally posted by USA_Rally
Personally I don't think Camaro's or Firebirds make good sleepers.. They are known to be sports cars and when you pull up to one you never know what to expect. If I was going to do a sleeper it would probably be a Ford Thunderbird Super Coupe. I know, I said the F word.
ah thirty lashes with a bowtie switch for using the F word around here.....LMAO

if it were me for a sleeper i would use a late 90"s caprice and build that to the hilt but leave it more of a sleeper appearance
Old 12-02-2004, 06:00 PM

Car: 77 Firebird
Engine: 454
Transmission: th350
Axle/Gears: 4.10
My sleeper is going to be my 81 Buick Century 4 door.
Old 12-02-2004, 06:02 PM
Supreme Member

Originally posted by 84firebird383
My sleeper is going to be my 81 Buick Century 4 door.
we said sleeper not creeper....

i bet that thing has alot of potential.... LOL
Old 12-02-2004, 06:10 PM
Supreme Member

G-body might do the trick too, especially if some wag before you lowered it funny. Bonus points if the car makes popping and cracking noises when you turn the steering wheel. Missing exhaust hangers are good beater things, too.

Scott - If you want louvers, more power to you. You get bonus points if you keep them clean, too, clean ones don't look half-bad.

Quick Reply: Post Your Sleeper Tips/tricks