Theoretical and Street Racing Use this board to ask questions about street racing, discuss your street races, and "who would win?" questions. Keep it safe.

Well Im gonna be on this show "Pinks" and gotta race some civic for titles

Search this Thread

Old 08-24-2004, 11:18 AM
Supreme Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Car: '89 IROC-Z
Engine: Canfield 195 headed 358ci
Transmission: TH350, Art Carr 9.5"
Axle/Gears: 3.92 Dana 44
I agree its stupid to battle over import vs domestic cause with enough time and money you can make ANY car fast. The thing is, even if the Formula was going against an 11 second civic, the Formula still has the advantage in my opinion. I don't know of too many fwd cars in the 11's that dont break often OR have a hard time hooking. Once again, I'm not bashing a civics reliabilty I'm just saying when you take an ecnomy car and start throwing serious power into it, things start breaking. A fwd car also has to constantly battle the fact that weight is transfered to the rear during acceleration - thats no good. Its very rare that I see any fwd car make consistant clean passes at the track, I'm not saying its impossible to be consistant - just not something you see everyday.

Now, maybe junkassformula is just a one big hustler? Seriously, I would not tell the TV show or ANYONE for that matter what my car really had done to it or what it ran if I was running for titles. Regardless of the rules or the show or whatever, when race time comes you better believe I'd be running quicker than everyone thought. Racing for money (or more) is all about shadyness and trickery. Its not about whos faster, its about who can fool who into thinking their faster/slower. I'd laugh my *** off if it turns out junkassformula busts off low 11's come race time. Of course, the other car would/could/should try to do the same.

If I was junkassformula I'd make a few requests prior to race day (if possible). I'd ask that the track not be prepped in any way. I'd also want a flagger rather than a tree and lastly, NO RULES except "2 cars move and its a race." You know how hard it is not to chase when a car jumps? Its like an instinct to throw your foot on the gas when you see a car take off next to you. I'd not only be trying to get a handicap from him, I'd also sit there and jump a million times just to get him angry and MAYBE make him panic into chasing me.

Remember, racing for money/titles/whatever is never fair, do what you gotta do to win. Play your cards right and even if hes 2 seconds faster you'll still win. Its all about deception.
Old 08-24-2004, 11:37 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Car: '89 Formula
Engine: Low Output 3
Transmission: T-56
Originally posted by turbojimmy
Plus it sounds like fun. Y'all are getting your panties in a wad over the domestic vs. foreign thing and defending the honor of your 3rd gens. It doesn't have to be that way.

Jim
There are so many things I would do to have your car it is not even funny

Originally posted by stu
Oh man, you guys are so clueless. Let me dig up a few links for you. I'm not here to rag on you, although it'd be easy with many of you, I'm just here to shed a little light for you.

http://www.honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=966848

Here is a link to a recent post I made on Honda-tech.com.

I'll let you read through that and I'll tell you the important things right off the bat.

I purchased my car for $1,000. The turbo is on a motor with over 170,000 miles and STOCK, completely untouched internals. The price of the parts for my turbo set-up was right around $2,500-$3,000 just for parts. A little more for the things I needed installed.

For those who don't want to read the link I posted. My best time so far has been a 14.002 @ 102mph on the brakes. I just so happened to get a decent launch on that run (with my bald, $50 tires, not even decent street tires). My quickest full throttle run was a 14.012 @ 106.87 mph.

Big deal right? Yeah, actually it is. I'm running the cheapest tires I could find, I'm on 14 year old stock suspension, I've got NO form of traction control (open differential), and oh yeah, did I mention that I'm over a mile above sea level? You are familar with what that does to a car right?

Let's get down to the point here. I've got the trap speeds for high 12's at over a mile above sea level, if you came up here, you'd run a 13.5 on the nitrous, and a 14.5 without it. With the turbo, I only lose around half a second in the 1/4 mile. All I'd have to do is throw on some slicks and I'd have you no problem. I've spent about $5,000 into my car including price. If you really think that it takes $30,000 to get a 4-cylinder into the 12's, you've been living underneath a radioactive rock as of late.

Oh, yeah, I haven't even been tuned yet, and my car is FULL interior and weight. Maybe I'll still be around on here after I'm tuned. So, you better hope that this guy with the Civic is just as much of a clown that you are, or else prepare to have plenty of excusses as to why you lost.
people like you are just fine in my book . A tuner is a tuner is a tuner, I don't care what car a person is making faster as long as they are making it faster. Those punk-a$$es with body-kits, neons, and fart cans irritate the **** out of me, though. By fart-can I mean stock exhaust with just a muffler, it's retarded. And I don't even care much about appearance mods as long as the person realizes their car is slow, or they are done after performance mods. It gets old trashing some kid's Civic with several grand in appearance mods who thinks that he is both really Fast and really Furious. But I digress.....

After my Firebird I might play with my Elantra, or a CRX or something. Who knows.

**edit**good job on the sleeper-mobile, I wouldn't even think twice about running it, haha. Even with the POS LO3 still in my Formula, I wouldn't question my ability to kick your a$$. nice one . Except maybe after I heard the BOV. That would probably give me pause.....

Last edited by 89formula383; 08-24-2004 at 11:45 AM.
Old 08-24-2004, 12:33 PM

Car: 1987 GN
Engine: 3.8L Turbo
Transmission: 200-4R
Originally posted by 89formula383
There are so many things I would do to have your car it is not even funny
That is kind of funny. I like it, too - I wouldn't race it for pink slips.

The next month-and-a-half is going to be interesting all over the web as the hype for this race builds. Brilliant move by junkassformula to get the pot stirred early.

I wonder if the Speed Channel is going to try to prevent the outcome from being revealed until they actually air the show?

Jim
Old 08-24-2004, 12:39 PM
TGO Supporter

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts
I'd say it's probably more of a brilliant move by the producers of the show than anyone else. We've seen how fast controversy can spread over the Internet when it involves car enthusiasts a few times already. The fact that we have visitors posting from other forums is proof enough that there will be plenty of people looking out for this race.
Old 08-24-2004, 01:16 PM
stu

If I ever had a hard time selling my car, I'd just go lose it on this show. Or, if I won someone else's car that I didn't want, I'd just ask to do it again the next week and use their car.

Thanks for those of you with level heads.

From what it sounds like, this show is going to be pretty lame. Who wants to watch people run for the cars title in a bracket race? That's so boring, it should be heads up, period. To prevent someone like John Shepard (8 second Talon with full interior and stocked sized motor) from just taking peoples cars, they could make some classes or something.
Old 08-24-2004, 02:25 PM
Supreme Member

Car: 89 Iroc
Engine: lb9
Transmission: wc t-5
Axle/Gears: 10 bolt 3.08 posi
Originally posted by stu
If I ever had a hard time selling my car, I'd just go lose it on this show. Or, if I won someone else's car that I didn't want, I'd just ask to do it again the next week and use their car.

Thanks for those of you with level heads.

From what it sounds like, this show is going to be pretty lame. Who wants to watch people run for the cars title in a bracket race? That's so boring, it should be heads up, period. To prevent someone like John Shepard (8 second Talon with full interior and stocked sized motor) from just taking peoples cars, they could make some classes or something.
i have to agree with you, bracket racing is a bunch of bs. do a lined up race with a flagger.
Old 08-24-2004, 03:00 PM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Car: 4 Mopars total
Engine: Pentastar power
Transmission: T/F and New Process
Axle/Gears: Three 8 3/4's & one 9 1/4
Anyone who says bracket racing is BS, obviously has no idea what they are doing . If it were a bracket race, it would be much more of a challenge for both drivers to try and keep their cars. Bracket racing requires a much higher level of skill to maintain consistency.
Old 08-24-2004, 03:48 PM

Just some advice for Dustin. DO NOT under estimate the civic. I know all these guys are here telling you not to well take it from a honda owner now. My buddy with the stock 1.6 SOHC VTEC motor in his 95 Civic Hatchback ran a 13.6 on BFG G forces. Bone stock motor with a tiny turbo. I'm not sure what the rules are but I guarentee if he has a B series swap (Integra/Civic Si) swap and it's turbo'd you'll probably get owned. I suggest a 200 shot and hit it at the 1/8th so if it blows up you have good momentum to make it down the track :P

Edit: Oops didn't see it was a braket race.

Last edited by Happyman; 08-24-2004 at 03:53 PM.
Old 08-24-2004, 06:12 PM
Supreme Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Car: 2005 BMW 545i
Engine: 4.4L N62B44
Transmission: 6spd auto
Axle/Gears: Rotating
Originally posted by 1989t-topGTA
Anyone who says bracket racing is BS, obviously has no idea what they are doing . If it were a bracket race, it would be much more of a challenge for both drivers to try and keep their cars. Bracket racing requires a much higher level of skill to maintain consistency.

not to mention the added stress of knowing it is all about drivers it seems to make you want to go a little easier on the launch causing either a bog or a launch that isnt' optimum being your afraid of just spinning the tires. also the feeling of not wanting to mess up so you might miss a shift or shift to late/early or amny other things
it is all about consistancy and worring about it can make you more inconsistant. and remember it's nto about the cars it's about the driver in bracket racing.... it is to me a real test of drivers school
Old 08-24-2004, 06:49 PM
stu

I'm not saying that bracket racing in general is BS, I've been racing in Club Clash for the last two seasons and was even tied for 2nd for most of the year last season. The point is, it's BORING for a show like this. If I would have known this earlier, I would have bought an automatic Accord at an auction for $500, ran withing .10 EVERY time, and had me a new car.

Seriosly, what kind of excitment is a
bracket race when in this context?

Although, they probably had to make it that way so people would actually go on the show.
Old 08-25-2004, 02:01 AM
stu

Here's what the car looks like so you can all see what a sleeper it is. Like my 14" hubcaps? lol

Old 08-25-2004, 02:09 AM
TGO Supporter

Car: 91 Z28 & 21 Hellcat Challenger
Engine: L98, Hemi 6.2
Originally posted by stu
Here's what the car looks like so you can all see what a sleeper it is. Like my 14" hubcaps? lol

Um no not really (i dont like it) But whatever floats ur boat i guess... See that your on a Domestic Board... :lala:
Old 08-25-2004, 03:01 AM

Car: 91 Z28
Engine: L98
Transmission: 700r4
From the looks of it this whole thing is just going to fizzle out and die, I think that pinks show is not gonna go very far. But either way i did some checking and im only about 100mi. from Cedar Falls Raceway, so if that chit is open to spectators im there. I wanna see this train wreck first hand, and if I'm wrong then that just means I got to see some good racing(and maybe make some cash giving someone a ride home). Oh and I have to laugh at the pinks site, they are really trying to make some buzz obviously because now Junka$$ and his Formy are
and one of the top street racers in Chicago is putting his ride on the line.
LOL
Old 08-25-2004, 11:36 PM

Both Runs Eights, yes I said 8's! Your in trouble there buddy!

Enough said
Old 08-26-2004, 01:22 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Whose car is this?
Old 08-26-2004, 12:33 PM
Supreme Member
TGO - 10 Year Member

Received 375 Likes on 303 Posts
Car: 89 Iroc-z
Engine: 555 BBC Turbo
Transmission: TH400
Axle/Gears: Strange 12 bolt 3.42
He is probably not going to run a car like that cuz that car is not street legal. He is in California, where smog laws are crazy insane. That car probly does not pass DOT laws and emissions tests, so not inspected. The car he will run maybe 11's if not pushing into 10's, tops, if the car is legit with all the goodies to go fast. Daily driven. Probably the only car the kid owns. He might only be doing low 12's right now, and by race time is breaking into high 11's. This is possibly worst case scenario stats that the civic can run. But who knows, We just have to see what happens.
Old 08-26-2004, 01:49 PM
stu

What does emissions have to do with racing at the track?

That's not the kids car by the way. Individual people don't have cars like that, that's a team car.
Old 08-26-2004, 11:36 PM
Supreme Member
TGO - 10 Year Member

Received 375 Likes on 303 Posts
Car: 89 Iroc-z
Engine: 555 BBC Turbo
Transmission: TH400
Axle/Gears: Strange 12 bolt 3.42
It doesnt. But his car is probably a street car that needs to pass emissions. For the race, he may junk everything to win and have a beasty motor, but now he is stuck with a car that wont pass if he wins. Just has to put the stuff back on afterward so he can drive legally again. Now there are ways to get around that but I dont know. Just a thought, and I dont know about civic emission controls and stuff like that, but it may have an effect on performance/weight.
Old 08-27-2004, 03:30 AM
stu

You only have to pass emissions once every two years where I live. And it doesn't even matter what California's laws are if he doesn't live there. He's only driving in and driving out, there is nothing they can even do about it.
Old 08-27-2004, 03:34 AM

Car: 91 Z28
Engine: L98
Transmission: 700r4
The race is in Iowa, The guy LIVES in Cali.
Old 08-27-2004, 03:40 AM
stu

Ahh, I see. Personally, if I were in his shoes, I wouldn't care if it passed emissions for the race.
Old 08-27-2004, 11:41 AM

Car: 2000 honda prelude sh turbo
Engine: h22 turbo
Transmission: usdm h22 non lsd
You will win in these circumstances,

The driver doesnt know what he is doing. One quick way to tell is he will more than likely have altezzas.

If the driver does know what he is doing and has this
pretty much if he has any motor built paired with nitrous and turbo and he knows what he is doing you will loose.

h22 swap bolt ons/lsd/slicks/nitrous traction bar
k24 swap bolt ons/lsd/slicks/ traction bar

and if he is really serious about power he will have turbo

turbo sohc 10psi or less you will probably win unless you dont run a 12.5
turbo b16 7psi or less you will probably loose unless he has traction mods it will be close
turbo b18 7psi would be a very close race if he hooks up and has lsd/traction bar slicks

any built motor paired with traction mods and 12psi+ you will loose.

it would also be nice to know if he had a hatchback or a coupe. these predictions are based on a hatch body civic 92-95 or 96-99
Old 08-27-2004, 11:45 AM

^^ alot of these are very rough estimates. depending on the size of turbo/dp/exhaust how good his motor is running. these are based on an average t3/t04e turbosetup with a log style manifold and 2.5 dp all the way back. You could easily get your *** handed to you if he knows what he is doing. swaps in hatches are about as common as rain in washington. he could easily own you.
Old 08-27-2004, 11:46 AM

Our shop recently build a 92 Civic HB with LS/VTEC running 75 Shot of Nitrous.... Runs 12.1 w/ slicks.....

NO TURBO!

Here is a photo and the car is driven daily over 100 miles to and from work.....
Attached Thumbnails Well Im gonna be on this show "Pinks" and gotta race some civic for titles-javier.jpg  
Old 08-27-2004, 11:47 AM

Here is an image of the engine
Attached Thumbnails Well Im gonna be on this show "Pinks" and gotta race some civic for titles-javier-2.jpg  
Old 08-27-2004, 11:49 AM

b18a block paired with b18c head good if you can get it to run right. and nitrous paired with any swap you would more than likely loose.
Old 08-27-2004, 11:51 AM
Supreme Member

Those FWD "8 second" cars may have enough power to run 8's, but once again, every single one I've seen make a pass has never been consistant or has broke. Few months back there was a huge import event at my local track with all those professionally sponsored and built fwd race cars. I watched all day as they made passes and I swear out of the 50+ runs I saw, only about 5 of them were what I'd consider "clean" the rest were cars that wouldnt hook, broke half track, let out of the throttle, or didnt even make it off the line.

Not saying those cars arent fast, but in my opinion the faster the FWD car is, the better chance you have of winning against it with a slower car.
Old 08-27-2004, 11:58 AM

Car: 2000 Z28
Engine: LS-juan 346
Transmission: M6
JUNKASSFORMULA:

I don't get how you can say you own a shop and then ask "wtf?" on what LCA's are.... What kind of shop do you run? After that question, it sure as hell isn't a speed shop.

BTW, you are going to lose if you don't lose the cocky attitude and mod your car more. The stock suspension works fine? The cam is fine?

Are you aware that upgrading the suspension and swapping in an aftermarket cam will make your car faster? Guess not.......

If I were you, I'd mod the **** out of the car AND try to get this clown to give me some carlengths so I could really stomp him.

Last edited by baddogz28; 08-28-2004 at 08:55 AM.
Old 08-27-2004, 11:59 AM

Not saying those cars arent fast, but in my opinion the faster the FWD car is, the better chance you have of winning against it with a slower car. [/B]
so wait the faster my car is the slower it is? all they really need to hook up are traction bar/lsd/slicks those 3 paired and they have consistant decent times. and why would you think that a guy who spent 14k$ on his motor and turbo setup wouldnt spend another 1k$ to put the power to the ground.
Old 08-27-2004, 12:43 PM

Originally posted by baddogz28

If I were you, I'd mod the **** out of the car AND try to get this clown to give me some carlengths so I could really stomp him.

you would as for SPACE against a fwd 4 cyl??

hmmm.. i wonder how that would make people look at you.

I guess you aren't building your rwd v8 the right way.
Old 08-27-2004, 01:00 PM

I'm not saying that I would need it (my car on ET streets should run 11.9's) just that in his situation, he is going to lose his car if he loses. I would want every advantage possible, and I would try and hustle. Why not?

What relevance does the type of car you are racing have on trying to win? Especially when your car is on the line?

And my "rwd V8" is fine, thank you. I'll be shooting for 11.90's when I get my car on a slick. That's stock manifold, stock y, stock suspension, stock tune, stock internals, normally aspirated. Any questions?

Last edited by baddogz28; 08-27-2004 at 01:05 PM.
Old 08-28-2004, 12:33 AM
Supreme Member

Where in the hell are all these "non-third gen" people coming from. Go back to your own damn forums.
Old 08-28-2004, 01:11 AM
TGO Supporter

Car: 91 Z28 & 21 Hellcat Challenger
Engine: L98, Hemi 6.2
I agree , THIS IS A THIRD GEN F BODY SITE, not 4th gen
Attached Images  
Old 08-28-2004, 01:25 AM
Supreme Member

Car: 86 Berlinetta 84 MonteCL
Engine: 3.4 MPFI 3.8 229
Transmission: 700r4 T350
Don't make us Thirdgeners look bad now guys, Just cause they want to voice their opinions (That are NOT attacks). Anyhow, The guy talking about lack of consitency DOES have a point, most 8 second 4 bangers do NOT bracket race (which is what this race sounds like it's gonna be). 5spd VS auto in a bracket race, 5spd loses plain and simple. It doesnt matter if Junkarss runs 16's, if the other guy has the right handicap, the 3RD gen will win. UNLESS it isn't a bracket race, then he's gonna get OWNED.
Old 08-28-2004, 06:45 AM

Car: 00 Trans Am/89 IROC
Engine: LS1/L98
Transmission: 4L60/700R4
Originally posted by ljnowell
Where in the hell are all these "non-third gen" people coming from. Go back to your own damn forums.

Ummmm.......No

Besides, what do you mean where did I come from? I've been a member of this board for 3 years longer than you
Old 08-28-2004, 08:53 AM

I have owned: (the red RS 305 in the last six months)

1992 Purple Haze Anniversary Edition RS 5 spd
1989 Red RS 5 spd
1988 Blue RS auto
1988 Firebird V6
1980 Z/28 350 4-spd (not a third gen but oh well)

I think that qualifies me to be on this board-

I wouldn't have reg'd if I didn't have a good reason to, and my reason was that I thought almost every post junkassformula has made has been laughable. Check my post- I NEVER BASHED 3rd gens at all, they are great cars. But maybe I'm not qualified to say that- I've only owned 4 of them.

:hail:

Last edited by baddogz28; 08-28-2004 at 11:26 AM.
Old 08-28-2004, 09:01 AM
TGO Supporter

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts
Don't get all upset that there are other people here. It's always helpful to have a third opinion. We could argue all day and night about who would win, but if the other side isn't involved, what good is arguing at all?

I don't care who wins at this point. I'm just looking forward to the race after all this hype.
Old 08-28-2004, 09:05 AM
Banned

Car: 1985 Firebird
Engine: 327
Transmission: TH350
Originally posted by 88IROC350TPI
Those FWD "8 second" cars may have enough power to run 8's, but once again, every single one I've seen make a pass has never been consistant or has broke. Few months back there was a huge import event at my local track with all those professionally sponsored and built fwd race cars. I watched all day as they made passes and I swear out of the 50+ runs I saw, only about 5 of them were what I'd consider "clean" the rest were cars that wouldnt hook, broke half track, let out of the throttle, or didnt even make it off the line.

Not saying those cars arent fast, but in my opinion the faster the FWD car is, the better chance you have of winning against it with a slower car.
Did you ever notice just how soft and flimsy R**E is when heated?
Old 08-28-2004, 10:38 AM
Supreme Member

Ummmm.......No
Who said I was talking to you???? I am referring to the people that come in with 1 or 2 or 3 posts, list thier car as an import. I think that if you read this page of this thread you will find out who I am talking about.
Old 08-28-2004, 10:47 AM

Car: 84 T/A 70 Chevelle SS 78 T/A
Engine: chevy 383 Chevy 496 Pontiac 462
Transmission: built THM700r4 Richmond 6 built TH400
Lets not go to put downs. I've seen many very fast imports. Its all is just the right parts and motor swaps. Not all import guys are dumb as sh*t r*cers. Some are dedicated tuners who work just as hard as us if not harder to make their cars fast. They swap motors, we swap motors. Its pretty much the same type of stuff that both communities use to go fast. I see no reason in fighting this domestic vs. import war, we all like to go fast which should be good enough. I admire anyone who works day and night to get parts for their car, especially those who prefer speed over looks. Not all of us thirdgen guys are stupid.
Old 08-28-2004, 10:57 AM
Supreme Member

No one is putting down anyone. This is a thirdgen site. Not an import site. There are plenty of import sites on the net. I can respect that they are dedicated to making thier cars faster, and many are very knowledgeable. That still doesnt change the fact that this is a thirdgen forum. I was simply wondering where they were all coming from. Can we get back to the F'ing point now?
Old 08-28-2004, 11:00 AM

No one is putting down anyone. This is a thirdgen site. Not an import site. There are plenty of import sites on the net. I can respect that they are dedicated to making thier cars faster, and many are very knowledgeable. That still doesnt change the fact that this is a thirdgen forum. I was simply wondering where they were all coming from. Can we get back to the F'ing point now?
I was a little slow in replying, I meant to Lonestar
and anyone whos putting down the import guys just because they like imports.
Old 08-28-2004, 11:08 AM
Banned

Car: 1985 Firebird
Engine: 327
Transmission: TH350
Originally posted by Metal383
I was a little slow in replying, I meant to Lonestar
and anyone whos putting down the import guys just because they like imports.
Come on now...I was talking about food!

I have to sit here and see/hear all these abombidable little plastic things with half an engine and little cans under the back bumper so we can all hear that they in fact have half an engine. It is quite amusing.

I do admire their verocity in pursuing a worthless cause though, it would take a heck of a lot more patience than I could ever muster.
Too bad they haven't got a clue.

I have seen Civics pull 9 sec. 1/4's...life expectancy of engine 2 passes.

Lot of wasted time and money in my opinion.

Since the original poster of this thread has vanished, so will I.
Old 08-28-2004, 11:20 AM

Originally posted by Lonestar

Since the original poster of this thread has vanished, so will I.
he is currently out of town, but he will be back shortly
Old 08-28-2004, 11:24 AM

Originally posted by nick418
I agree , THIS IS A THIRD GEN F BODY SITE, not 4th gen
Being a very loyal F-body owner, (having owned 2nd, 3rd,4th gens) I have never been on an f-body site and had people be dicks to me... You give this site a bad name.

Don't make us Thirdgeners look bad now guys, Just cause they want to voice their opinions (That are NOT attacks).
Thanks.

Last edited by baddogz28; 08-28-2004 at 11:26 AM.
Old 08-28-2004, 11:25 AM

on that note, 3rdgen.org is a much more open place.
Old 08-28-2004, 11:27 AM

Originally posted by Metal383
on that note, 3rdgen.org is a much more open place.
What do you mean?
Old 08-28-2004, 11:28 AM

We have some 4th gen owners, some import guys, many members don't own a 3rdgen there and we don't care.

Metal
Old 08-28-2004, 11:32 AM
Supreme Member

Originally posted by ludetech
so wait the faster my car is the slower it is? all they really need to hook up are traction bar/lsd/slicks those 3 paired and they have consistant decent times. and why would you think that a guy who spent 14k$ on his motor and turbo setup wouldnt spend another 1k$ to put the power to the ground.
Thats exactly what I'm saying. Every single time I go to the track during an Import event (yeah I actually go) I see all those fancy top-dollar professionally sponsered FWD race cars fight with all their might to put the power to the ground. I'd say 7 outta 10 passes something goes wrong. Its not a matter of money and traction devices, its a matter of physics you're fighting against. If the GM, Mopar, Ford, etc have a tuff time sticking to the pavement in their 8-9-10 second race cars and you know some guys who consistently can, well, you better give those racing teams a call and get employed because you'll dominate FWD racing.

I know quite a few guys with 11 and 10 second FWD cars that turn into 12-13 second slugs when put on the wrong track or street.

I'll say it again and again, I'm not bashing imports or fwd racing ...more props to those guys because I'm sure its much harder to control than a rwd car, I'm simply calling it as I've seen it a million times. Consistancy wins races and in my opinion these cars have trouble being consistant and running to their potential. In the end, fwd sucks for drag racing. Its not a matter of opinion, import-hating, or anything, its a matter of phyics.
Old 08-28-2004, 04:12 PM

Car: 00 Trans Am/89 IROC
Engine: LS1/L98
Transmission: 4L60/700R4
Who said I was talking to you???? I am referring to the people that come in with 1 or 2 or 3 posts, list thier car as an import. I think that if you read this page of this thread you will find out who I am talking about.

That's cool, it's just that the 2 posts after baddogz28's post were to the effect of non-3rd gens so I thought it was meant as 4th gens go away.

I did just read back and see a few import people here to give opinions on this topic, which I gave up as garbage a few pages ago......

although nick418 seems to not exactly have any love for us 4th genners though

Quick Reply: Well Im gonna be on this show "Pinks" and gotta race some civic for titles