Theoretical and Street Racing Use this board to ask questions about street racing, discuss your street races, and "who would win?" questions. Keep it safe.

Well Im gonna be on this show "Pinks" and gotta race some civic for titles

Search this Thread

Old 08-17-2004, 04:31 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Car: 87 Black Formula
Engine: Rollercammed Lg4
Transmission: 700R4
Axle/Gears: 3.23 10 Bolt Locker
You guys aren't helping this guy out at all with all your complaints. Why don't you come with some constructive proposals as to what he should do to even stand a chance, rather than just calling him stupid. We all where young and unexperienced at a certain point in life, why not try to help him out rather than just complain.

What about a cold air intake. I hear those make lots of power. Whats best I think is to get the whole aircleaner down low like where the air deflector shovels up the air under the car. Maybe you should try that Dustin. That would be like an ram air affect wont' it?
Old 08-17-2004, 04:39 PM
Supreme Member

Car: 1990 Iroc-Z
Originally posted by tilstad

What about a cold air intake. I hear those make lots of power.

Old 08-17-2004, 04:47 PM

Well the 2002 trans am had it anyways. So where they just stupid making those cars like that? Everybode knows that ls1's are fast, and there are many things contributing to trhat, even the ram air.

If you're so smart project iroc, why don't you come up with a mod that really works. And I'll bet yours will cut the ET in half, right?
Old 08-17-2004, 04:52 PM

Car: 1982 Camaro Z28
Engine: 350
Transmission: Auto
Axle/Gears: 10 bolt auburn posi 3.73
You guys aren't helping this guy out at all with all your complaints. Why don't you come with some constructive proposals as to what he should do to even stand a chance, rather than just calling him stupid. We all where young and unexperienced at a certain point in life, why not try to help him out rather than just complain.

if you didnt notice, at the beginning, everyone was trying to help him and give him ideas. but he didn't reply or pay any attention to people asking about mods. and his cocky attitude towards the civic racing him doesn't help much. he deserves to get ownt. not his car. =/
Old 08-17-2004, 04:52 PM
TGO Supporter

Car: 91 Z28 & 21 Hellcat Challenger
Engine: L98, Hemi 6.2
they dont produce that much , which hes pretty much sayin

Well the 2002 trans am had it anyways. So where they just stupid making those cars like that? Everybode knows that ls1's are fast, and there are many things contributing to trhat, even the ram air.

Last edited by nick418; 08-17-2004 at 04:54 PM.
Old 08-17-2004, 05:23 PM
Supreme Member

Car: 1990 Iroc-Z

If you're so smart project iroc, why don't you come up with a mod that really works. And I'll bet yours will cut the ET in half, right?
hey calm down. obviously this guy doesn't care about losing his car. why try and help?

i was jus laughin at the "big power" comment.
Old 08-17-2004, 05:40 PM

Well, I mounted this "cowl induction" setup which goes inside the power bulge hood, and thats almost a ram air effect. I'll tell ya', it went all Zoom-zoom after that. Just like a mazda.

j/k
Old 08-17-2004, 07:38 PM
TGO Supporter

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts
I doubt he wants to dump money into this car, simply because he has those other three, and has an ego too large to think the civic might be a challenge for his V8. I'm guessing that's why he hasn't responded about modding the car.

But in all honesty, I'm starting to think along omcrider's lines... this obviously doesn't appear to be a high-dollar production TV show. The website is disgraceful. It's going to take a high-dollar Civic to get into the low 13s or 12s to beat this guy, and I somehow doubt the production crew can convince one of those 2%ers that really put the money into their car to risk losing it on a half-assed show.
Old 08-17-2004, 08:00 PM

hmmmm

2500 rpm stall .with that u could take off like a bat out of hell. advance ur timeing like a mother ****er.
Old 08-17-2004, 08:25 PM

Car: 82 Crossfire Injected Camaro, 1987 Mazda B2000 Pickup
Engine: 383 V8's
Transmission: Streetfighter TSI
hell, if i knew you, id pull my stall out and let you use it, if i knew you culd win (3800rpm stall)
Old 08-17-2004, 09:04 PM
Supreme Member
TGO - 10 Year Member

Received 375 Likes on 303 Posts
Car: 89 Iroc-z
Engine: 555 BBC Turbo
Transmission: TH400
Axle/Gears: Strange 12 bolt 3.42
Yeah we might be taking this beyond reality here. Imports are always being bashed on about being like airplanes and are slow as hell. Now a thread like this happens and everyone jumps up to say how fast civics are and he is going to lose. I know I am one of them. But I felt he needed to now the reality of life sometimes and that there are some real fast FWD cars. But like omcrider and Cayse say, no real pricy car is going to want to go and risk losing. The civic may be no quicker than an LS1 and he has that covered. We gave him advice, he doesnt seem to want it or is not saying about it, and now it is up to him. Lets sit back and watch the fireworks.

TGO should have a thirdgen with everyone puting it together. That would be sweet, a car to represent us.
Old 08-17-2004, 10:09 PM

Yeah, TGO racing team!

That would have to be the first in history , right? I mean, have any communities like this ever had a racing team funded supported and run by it's members? Obviously, everyone can't drive it lol. But they could say they are a part of it, just as much as all the other members.
Old 08-17-2004, 10:50 PM
TGO Supporter

Hey I'll gladly take donations on my car and call it the Team TGO Camaro.
Old 08-17-2004, 11:29 PM
Supreme Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Car: 1999 Saturn SL2
Engine: 4 cylinder
Transmission: 4-speed automatic
The rules on the site mention this:

We will pair racers and handicap to make it fair.
I'm assuming this will be some form of a bracket racing. If that's the case, he might stand a bit better chance than everyone thinks. Plus, it's two-out-of-three.

Anyway, I'm in agreement with everyone else. I'm doubting the Civic owner is going to show up with anything less than an 11 second car.
Old 08-18-2004, 12:17 AM
Supreme Member

Car: 83 POS monte carlo 2015 chevy P/U
Engine: 92 5.7 tpi 5.3
Transmission: 700r4 6L60E
Axle/Gears: 2.42 too high
"Races started with a flag drop" how accurate can the handicap be if it is a bracket type race without a tree?

take it seriously, like was already said, the guy's friends are probably helping him out, with if nothing else old go fast parts that were replaced by new go fast parts on their cars.

my only suggestion would be if he owns you,... drop back a gear & spray it.
Old 08-18-2004, 01:16 AM

Car: 1996 Jeep Cherokee
Engine: 4.0
Transmission: 5 speed
If he is so eager to lose his car, let him. Maybe he will learn better from a material loss.
Old 08-18-2004, 07:51 AM
Supreme Member

Car: 92 caddy PIMP
Engine: 4.8
Transmission: i dunno
I agree. This is almost like that. I can avoid speeding tickets thread by waxing my car. LOL You guys gotta hear it. Its on here somewhere. Some kid with a 14 second stock camaro thinks its the best car in the world.

Either way. Good luck. Your gonna need it.

Nate
Old 08-18-2004, 10:17 AM

Car: 91 Z28
Engine: L98
Transmission: 700r4
Originally posted by DENN_SHAH
"Races started with a flag drop" how accurate can the handicap be if it is a bracket type race without a tree?

take it seriously, like was already said, the guy's friends are probably helping him out, with if nothing else old go fast parts that were replaced by new go fast parts on their cars.

They are doing it street racing style, not like a bracket race. And yes some people actually will negotiate terms like that. Basicallly they just agree to something, For example Junkass thinks his car is a little slower so for the first race he says im gonna need 2 lengths. If the other guy agrees junkass will just stage up 2 lengths ahead of him then the other guy has to make up the difference.
Old 08-18-2004, 05:00 PM
Supreme Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Car: 2005 BMW 545i
Engine: 4.4L N62B44
Transmission: 6spd auto
Axle/Gears: Rotating
reasons not to help the guy anymore

first he is trying to get advertising a shop. if I went to a performance shop and asked the guy to help me out with my LCA and he replied... "whats an LCA" I would question him.

his cockyness. oh it's a civic with only these mods I will win nothing to worry about so I don't need to make my car faster.

his refusal to listen to other ppl... you should do some suspension upgrades.... his reply "oh the suspension is ok" a 350 on it's own can have problems with hooking up much less running a 150 shot on a 350 trying to hook up.

just look at how he acts it's how do you help me just give me ideas even though I'm not going to listen to you and then rant about it's only a civic so I can win and really didn't need to ask for your help on how to beat him anyway and it's not like I need to make my car go faster even though the faster my car goes the better it would look since I am trying to get advertising and hell even if I lose I'm still getting advertising for this shop that I have running even though I really shouldn't be running a shop because I have no idea about any of the parts I would be hooking up. but hey in the end it all doesn't really matter anyway if I lose because I have three other cars to drive around so :-)
Old 08-18-2004, 05:08 PM
TGO Supporter

Originally posted by rx7speed
reasons not to help the guy anymore

first he is trying to get advertising a shop. if I went to a performance shop and asked the guy to help me out with my LCA and he replied... "whats an LCA" I would question him.

his cockyness. oh it's a civic with only these mods I will win nothing to worry about so I don't need to make my car faster.

his refusal to listen to other ppl... you should do some suspension upgrades.... his reply "oh the suspension is ok" a 350 on it's own can have problems with hooking up much less running a 150 shot on a 350 trying to hook up.

just look at how he acts it's how do you help me just give me ideas even though I'm not going to listen to you and then rant about it's only a civic so I can win and really didn't need to ask for your help on how to beat him anyway and it's not like I need to make my car go faster even though the faster my car goes the better it would look since I am trying to get advertising and hell even if I lose I'm still getting advertising for this shop that I have running even though I really shouldn't be running a shop because I have no idea about any of the parts I would be hooking up. but hey in the end it all doesn't really matter anyway if I lose because I have three other cars to drive around so :-)

run on sentences.. Herd of periods and commas Rx7 ? Lol im just busting you! I totally agree wit ya, i have nothing else to say. He wont listen. It's like talking to a wall!
Old 08-18-2004, 05:30 PM

Car: 1984 z28 camaro / 2019 accord sport
Engine: 350
Axle/Gears: 3.42
Hey junkassformula could you post a time slip or video to prove to me that your car can run in the mid 12's .
Old 08-18-2004, 06:10 PM
Supreme Member

Car: 86 Berlinetta 84 MonteCL
Engine: 3.4 MPFI 3.8 229
Transmission: 700r4 T350
Originally posted by ChrisFormula355
Here's my prediction...you are going to get OWNED by that civic. Your formula looks no faster than high 14s on the motor, maybe low 13's on the bottle, high 12's at best. ON the other hand, I know for a fact there is at least one civic in Tucson with an H22 integra motor and a T4 turbo running a lot of boost and an auto trans, and he pulled a 12.0 at over 114 mph. Either do H/C/I to go with that nitrous dose, or you're not going to win.
H22 is Prelude motor......
On that note...sotck motor means JACK. WHICH stock motor is th ereal question (as if you can tell if its internals are stock from looking at it...). Say is a B16 a with 8.5:1 CR Forged bottom end running an INSTANTANEOUS 12 psi of boost (which 12 is AVERAGE boost for the import world), he'll be pushing over 300 horsepower with that setup-in a car that weighs 2700lbs. Now thats what an import enthusiast would consider a "mild" setup. On the other side we have a B16 with forged internals, Skunk intake mani. , Head work, 7.5:1 CR, T4 hybrid, progressive rate boost controller, running race gas.....guess how much power he makes at the push of a button? He goes from running low 13's on 93 octane, pushes a button on his computer, fuel cell bypasses, and the boost climbs to 32 psi . You just lost your car and your shops dignity. you REALLLY need to win this race, it will be great for business, and garner respect for 3rdgens. Those little cars go INSANELY fast for the way they look when the get some FI. Tread lightly, Mod heavily, and carry a full bottle with much jetting. I'd rather give up a car with a blown motor while juicing too much than a good car with a good motor from juicing too little. SORRY FOR THE ESSAY PEOPLE -----------
Old 08-18-2004, 06:14 PM
Supreme Member

Car: 86 Berlinetta 84 MonteCL
Engine: 3.4 MPFI 3.8 229
Transmission: 700r4 T350

HI! Listen to this guy, he KNOWS. Beeen a while man, we'll have to BBQ and hit the track again sometime.
Old 08-18-2004, 11:56 PM
Supreme Member

LaxStreetRacer, thats what i was thinking they would do, just not sure, as it is for a tv show. some of those tv people aren't too bright,... lol.

hey FbodTrek, i started to put "WHEN he owns" instead of IF,.. haha.
back in the day i have seen a few title races where the loser would drop a gear & spray it. the 1 that sticks out best right now was a race at rankin road with 2 trailer cars, 1 was a beautiful first gen maro with a 427 BB, he had low 10 second slips for that day from porter back when they were full quarter only. the guy said the 10 second times were not with spray, the other car was a very clean 70 or 71 cuda with a hemi. none of us had ever seen the cuda before that night so he was an unknown. the guy with the camaro had a big mouth. the cuda got a full length right out of the hole & never looked back. the guys on the big end said the cuda got it by a good 5 lengths. the guy with the camaro pushed the clutch & didn't lift off the gas while still spraying & grenaded it, later he told 1 of his friends "he got my car but not my motor".

i would like to get back out to the track again sometime, but i want to do some chip tuning before i go & maybe a gear with a posi, that 2.42 sucks, i need probably another 200 or so feet to get out of second.
Old 08-19-2004, 01:30 AM
Supreme Member

Car: Junk
Engine: Junk with nitrous
Transmission: Junk with gears
the guy with the camaro pushed the clutch & didn't lift off the gas while still spraying & grenaded it, later he told 1 of his friends "he got my car but not my motor".

Accidently hitting nitrous in nuetral doesn't neccasarily spell instant motor carnage...I'll bet he said that just to blame his failure on something cool. Just because I'm bored and this is a cool video..............check this out:

http://www.blackcow.org/vids/mikesengineblow.avi

This is a video of our buddy mike intentionally blowing his 305 by flooring his car in park AND emptying a full bottle of nitrous via a 125 shot at the same time. The 250,000 mile 305 lasted like a full minute before it threw a rod :hail: :hail:
Old 08-19-2004, 01:47 AM
Supreme Member

Car: 89 Iroc
Engine: lb9
Transmission: wc t-5
Axle/Gears: 10 bolt 3.08 posi
the guy with the camaro pushed the clutch & didn't lift off the gas while still spraying & grenaded it, later he told 1 of his friends "he got my car but not my motor".

i [/B]
all i gotta say about that is damn right.

if i were in that instance i'd fry my motor
Old 08-19-2004, 11:18 AM
TGO Supporter

That sounds pretty lame. It's the domestic equivelant of the fly-by. If you lose, you lose; why wreck the car?
Old 08-19-2004, 12:29 PM

Car: '89 Firebird Trans Am WS6
Engine: 305 TBI (L03)
"I just found out about the car today,

stock block, stock head, t4 turbo w/intercooler full weight, full interior, w/slicks. im thinking maybe a 12.90 tops"

Like others have said, stock is a word that dont mean much..they could be a stock peice from other cars. Even mis-matched like the LS-Vtec setup that alot of people run (ls block vtec head) plus if my memory serves me right, you can buy some preety damn strong sleeves for honda blocks, that would look stock from the outside but could hold tons of boost inside..

good luck man

id LOVE to see a thirdgen whomp ona civic on TV

Last edited by 89_305TransAm; 08-28-2004 at 10:23 AM.
Old 08-19-2004, 01:22 PM
Banned

Car: 1985 Firebird
Engine: 327
Transmission: TH350
Has anyone noticed that Speed Racer seems to have vanished?
Maybe he already lost his car...to like a "stock" Pinto or something.
Old 08-19-2004, 03:16 PM
Supreme Member
TGO - 10 Year Member

Received 375 Likes on 303 Posts
Car: 89 Iroc-z
Engine: 555 BBC Turbo
Transmission: TH400
Axle/Gears: Strange 12 bolt 3.42
Probably because there isnt much left to be said that he wasnt already told by the rest of us. Everyone is now saying the same stuff over and over. Junkformula has an idea of what he may be against and now either doesnt care if he loses or is doing some changes. Who knows. This thread is just about over until the race.
Old 08-19-2004, 05:39 PM

Am I the only one that notices it says hes got a 305 under his name on the left?? I dont believe a stock 305 with a 150 shot is going to see mid 12's. Maybe a stock lt1, but not the 305. Please tell me you are not planning on racing a 305 in this show!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 08-19-2004, 07:10 PM
Supreme Member

Car: '87 Mustang LX
Engine: 5.0
Transmission: T-5
OMFG! A 305 AUTO!!! You're going to get laid to waste on TV!

BTW: It said 350 when he first posted this.

Last edited by SOLID LIFTER; 08-20-2004 at 04:03 AM.
Old 08-19-2004, 07:46 PM
TGO Supporter

LOL... no wonder he didn't say much. He's too ashamed that we're right.
Old 08-19-2004, 08:00 PM
TGO Supporter

LOL i never even realized that! Good point Primer,

well Junkass make your mind up, is it a 350 or 305?
Old 08-19-2004, 08:07 PM
Supreme Member

Chris, these guys were very serious about their racing, with a single carbed tunnel ram with a 1150 on it, fully ported, polished & rollered that 12.5 to 1 427 could turn a lot more than 7500 when sprayed in a free rev, shoot, he would take bets that he could take the tach to 8000 sitting still without the bottle. when the new owner was asked what the tattle tell said, he said a little better than 9300, how many small blocks can turn that high? plus im sure he was spraying a lot more than a 125 shot. the next weekend was the only other time i saw the cuda guy, he said he hadn't touched it yet. as far as i know, none of the people i ran with ever found out what turned loose in it. it could have been a wrist pin, a rod, dropped a valve or the flywheel may have come apart. but with the amount of damage done i don't know if anyone could have figured out what when away in it first. maybe the tranny broke & he just wanted people to think he did it on purpose.

that video is cool, doing it at night & having the fire made it better. im glad he got it put out ok.

CaysE, i agree, it's not something i would do, but then, i would never put my title up either.
i really meant it as a joke,.. maybe 1 day i will remember to add a j/k when i say something like that.

who knows, maybe if the honda guy wins the third gen, he drives it some & then realizes that its way cooler than a ***** could ever be he will convert, find this site & tell us he has seen the light

haha, i just found out ri*cer is a bad word here

Last edited by DENN_SHAH; 08-19-2004 at 08:13 PM.
Old 08-20-2004, 10:48 PM

Car: 85 Iroc-z
Engine: 5.0 V-8
This show sounds like a scam. If this is true...please mod that car out and dont look a fool on television by losing to a civic!
Old 08-21-2004, 02:38 PM

i'd be a skerred if i were you, it could be this guy..........

http://www.angelfire.com/tn3/kaitlyn/McNasty
Old 08-21-2004, 03:08 PM
Supreme Member

Car: 89 Iroc
Engine: lb9
Transmission: wc t-5
Axle/Gears: 10 bolt 3.08 posi
i really don't know whats worse, thinking **** is cool or writing and singing that stupid song
Old 08-21-2004, 04:49 PM

That song HAS to be a parody!! HAHA..That was funny though seriously. Hey Junk Formula drop something in that formula. Don't lose to some r i c e. No, matter of fact, I hope you lose. Your attitude is too damn cocky. I hope you get your a$$... handed to you. Maybe then you will learn not to be so cocky, and I seriously doubt you run 12's with that 305. You are probably doing this race to advertise your shop but...when you lose like a chump no one is gonna want to take their car to your shop. Just for the fact that youre an arrogant fool, that thinks just because it is a v-8 you will own the civic. Some civics out there deserve some respect because they have actually spent time and money on their rides. You on the other hand you dont seem to want to spend either. I hope you lose. Oh, and btw..Dont mention TGO.
Old 08-22-2004, 09:52 AM

Car: 00 Trans Am/89 IROC
Engine: LS1/L98
Transmission: 4L60/700R4
the guy with the camaro pushed the clutch & didn't lift off the gas while still spraying & grenaded it,

That's why you run a window switch
Old 08-22-2004, 12:05 PM
Supreme Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Car: '89 IROC-Z
Engine: Canfield 195 headed 358ci
Transmission: TH350, Art Carr 9.5"
Axle/Gears: 3.92 Dana 44
Who in their right mind would try to be "fair" during a race for your title!? If I was on that show I'd have a junkyard motor with a fogger under the intake + a plate under the carb or something. Make a few test passes with the plate on a small shot... "Damn, I only run low 12's!" Line up, fogger time. "Opps I magically went 2 seconds faster than everyone thought the car went ...gimme your car, biaatch"

AND if you blow up, big deal... Now the guy has to pay to haul your broken POS car home with him? If I lost I'd hit the nitrous in the return lane and grenade myself like a true sore loser.
Old 08-22-2004, 09:40 PM

Car: 1984 Z-28
Engine: L69
Transmission: 700-R4
I like how the banners for that site, you know, the advertisements, aren't links.

DauntlessZ28's quick capsule review of this ....
Old 08-22-2004, 11:47 PM

Car: 89 GTA
Engine: L98
oh brother... a little googling gave these results:

http://forums.clubsi.com/showflat.ph...ue#Post4447639

can't believe I visited a civic forum...
*deletes cookies, deletes history

http://www.streetracing.org/boards/s...ighlight=pinks
Old 08-23-2004, 01:07 AM

Car: 1990 Firebird
Engine: 350 tbi
here's an idea

since you get to check out the other car "like its your own" insted of blowing your own motor; blow his up, or just take your time checking it out and run it out of gas (I doubt he will show up with a full tank). and yes I'm j/k :lala:
Old 08-23-2004, 05:08 PM
Supreme Member

Car: 89 Camaro RS
Engine: 350 carbed now
Transmission: World Class T5
Axle/Gears: Peg Leg w/ 3.73's
Originally posted by 88IROC350TPI
Who in their right mind would try to be "fair" during a race for your title!? If I was on that show I'd have a junkyard motor with a fogger under the intake + a plate under the carb or something. Make a few test passes with the plate on a small shot... "Damn, I only run low 12's!" Line up, fogger time. "Opps I magically went 2 seconds faster than everyone thought the car went ...gimme your car, biaatch"

AND if you blow up, big deal... Now the guy has to pay to haul your broken POS car home with him? If I lost I'd hit the nitrous in the return lane and grenade myself like a true sore loser.
Your my new idol

Old 08-23-2004, 06:23 PM

Car: '89 Formula
Engine: Low Output 3
Transmission: T-56
watch him be up against a CRX with an H22 wedged into it
Old 08-23-2004, 06:23 PM

LMAO
Old 08-24-2004, 03:09 AM
stu

Oh man, you guys are so clueless. Let me dig up a few links for you. I'm not here to rag on you, although it'd be easy with many of you, I'm just here to shed a little light for you.

http://www.honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=966848

Here is a link to a recent post I made on Honda-tech.com.

I'll let you read through that and I'll tell you the important things right off the bat.

I purchased my car for $1,000. The turbo is on a motor with over 170,000 miles and STOCK, completely untouched internals. The price of the parts for my turbo set-up was right around $2,500-$3,000 just for parts. A little more for the things I needed installed.

For those who don't want to read the link I posted. My best time so far has been a 14.002 @ 102mph on the brakes. I just so happened to get a decent launch on that run (with my bald, $50 tires, not even decent street tires). My quickest full throttle run was a 14.012 @ 106.87 mph.

Big deal right? Yeah, actually it is. I'm running the cheapest tires I could find, I'm on 14 year old stock suspension, I've got NO form of traction control (open differential), and oh yeah, did I mention that I'm over a mile above sea level? You are familar with what that does to a car right?

Let's get down to the point here. I've got the trap speeds for high 12's at over a mile above sea level, if you came up here, you'd run a 13.5 on the nitrous, and a 14.5 without it. With the turbo, I only lose around half a second in the 1/4 mile. All I'd have to do is throw on some slicks and I'd have you no problem. I've spent about $5,000 into my car including price. If you really think that it takes $30,000 to get a 4-cylinder into the 12's, you've been living underneath a radioactive rock as of late.

Oh, yeah, I haven't even been tuned yet, and my car is FULL interior and weight. Maybe I'll still be around on here after I'm tuned. So, you better hope that this guy with the Civic is just as much of a clown that you are, or else prepare to have plenty of excusses as to why you lost.
Old 08-24-2004, 03:37 AM
stu

Oh yeah, if anyone wants to see my time slips just say the word and I'll take a picture of every 14 sec time slip I can find. Last year my car ran 16.9s hahaha.
Old 08-24-2004, 09:05 AM

Car: 1987 GN
Engine: 3.8L Turbo
Transmission: 200-4R
Hello!

This thread is showing up in a number of different places on the web.

You are all missing a very important portion of the rules: the terms of the race are "negotiated". The Civic probably will be faster, but it doesn't matter. junkassformula can negotiate his handicap. If they can't negotiate a race in 2-hours all bets are off.

junkassformula is a bit cocky but doesn't sound stupid to me. He could go there with a stock Geo, negotiate a race with a 10-second car and still win.

It sounds low-risk high reward to me. An old stock Formula at risk with the possibility to win a highly-modified Civic. The turbo and intercooler kit alone on that car are worth more than the Formula itself.

And win or lose, the cost of the advertising - worst case - is the Formula. If you're in junkassformula's shoes and you had a disposable Formula you'd do the same.

Plus it sounds like fun. Y'all are getting your panties in a wad over the domestic vs. foreign thing and defending the honor of your 3rd gens. It doesn't have to be that way.

Jim

Quick Reply: Well Im gonna be on this show "Pinks" and gotta race some civic for titles