Theoretical and Street Racing Use this board to ask questions about street racing, discuss your street races, and "who would win?" questions. Keep it safe.

Events..

Search this Thread

Old 11-26-2003, 08:49 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Car: 82 Pace car
Engine: Small block
Transmission: TH350
Events..

Ok I talked with the INWO and agreed to clarify my Event post..

In my area we have street racing events. That is at a local track on a specific night they allow us to street race on the track. These events are organized and have an entry fee and a loose tech inspection. Street Car Chaos at US 41 in Indiana is one of the largest street racing events in the nation. It draws an average of 200 to 300 racers and over 3000 spectators. The event is ran like this:
5pm gates open
6pm staging lanes open
6-10 pm time runs and clocks off runs =a few feature races
10pm tree comes down and ALL timing equipment is dissabled
We race till 2 am and the rules are there are no rules. You can spot a car out, give the hit, you could even give a tennis ball spot.
There is an annoucer who WILL talk trash if you screw up or get wacked in a race, or he can also make a call out for you. He's not very nice and will rip you to shreds if your car is junk or you do somthing stupid<---(he is me and another fellow racer)

It has taken the racing off the street without taking the street out of racing. Cash is King and so is cubic inches and nitrous. Don't even think about being cocky unless you run DEEP into the single digits and I will personally guarantee you won't have the fastest car there. ALL cars are "street" cars and 95% run a 10 inch tire.

What I was wondering is, are there other events like this in other areas of the country. We have Chaos and Real Street Drags at Great Lakes Dragway in Wisconsin. I know Texas has the Clobberthon but what else is out there. I might take some road trips with a few of our local racers and we are looking to come out and meet some of you.

So post up any events like what I described in your area....
Old 11-26-2003, 11:33 PM
Supreme Member

Car: 91 Z28
Engine: LB9
Transmission: WC T5
www.firebirdraceway.com

They have an event like that at firebird out here, once a month.
Old 11-30-2003, 03:51 AM

Car: 79 z-28
Engine: Built 406 w/ Nitrous Works 250 shot
Transmission: TCI Th-350
Axle/Gears: 8.5" 10bolt 3.73 and Auburn Pro
Im in ATL. i wish we had events like that. We meet in an undisclosed location. A few nice 3rd and 4th gens. Actually a 95 z28 pulled up behind me at the gas station where everything goes on. All he said was " i feel your pain" i was laughin about that one all night long. These all go down, friday and saturday nights. PM me or email guitarjam6@aol.com if your in the area for the exact location.

Last edited by Inwo; 11-30-2003 at 09:13 AM.