Theoretical and Street Racing Use this board to ask questions about street racing, discuss your street races, and "who would win?" questions. Keep it safe.

A little fun witha GS-T Eclipse

Search this Thread

Old 07-31-2003, 10:42 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Engine: slowtacular L03 305
Transmission: slushem 700r4
A little fun witha GS-T Eclipse

It was one of the round body style cars. I was cruiseing home from work about 2 days ago at about 10:30pm and i drop it into first (manual shifting an auto, i know) to get back up to speed and have a little fun after haveing to slow down while a car turned. then i hear this Whoosh, Whoosh. And low and behold its a GS-T. Well he kept this up, dropping back, speeding up, ect, but with traffic i couldn't really get next to him to get spanked in a race so i just nodded and turned at my turn. Well anyway i end up righ behind him on a 2 lane back road (multiple ways to that street) and he tapted the brakes a couple three times to signle that he was gonna go. Now this is were my car starts to shine, since i have less power, and about 200-300lbs more weight but 2.73 gears and better handling in the twisties. Well he goes and i follow suit. We are coming to a sweeping corner and i am a respectible, but not increasing, distance as he enters the corner. Man it was fun to watch as the thing looked like it was about to roll over and the tires started to scream on the little eclipse. So i am about to go through, i punch it and actually close up some decent ground. After that, no more fun because i had to turn to go home, but its fun to see that even if i can't hang power wise, i can still do pretty well handling wise.
Old 07-31-2003, 12:43 PM
Supreme Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Car: 2002 Formula Firebird
Engine: LS1
Transmission: 4l60e
Axle/Gears: 3.23
My coworker has a laser turbo FWD. He has some mods and its fast. Real fast. I raced him and won...when his car was out of tune. It finally got it running good now and it runs like a raped ape. Its fast.
Old 08-04-2003, 10:32 AM
Supreme Member

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
Car: 1988 Trans Am
Engine: 305 TPI
Twisty roads are how underpowered, but great handleing cars combat high horsepower cars. My car is no straight line rocket but it can take the curves at much higher speeds now.