Theoretical and Street Racing Use this board to ask questions about street racing, discuss your street races, and "who would win?" questions. Keep it safe.

Run in with a Turbo Supra

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2003, 10:52 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Run in with a Turbo Supra

Har har har. Nother race story for me. It has been sh^it weather here as of late, so not much I could do for cruising in my car but run it in the garage for a few mins every day. So, past 2 days school has been cancelled because of the wind chill is at about -10 to -20. So, it snowed a bit today, but my freind told me the roads were not bad, little wet but not very slick. So I decided to take my car out. Headed out to the bowling alley and bowled a few games with a freind. We bowled the games headed for Wendys and ate some and right when we were heading out to our cars we see this bust *** blue Supra.

Now I have seen this Supra out cruising a few times before. It has the turbo badge right below the left tailight, everything looks to be stock except for the bungee chords holding the front bumper up. At the light I got a head of my freind(Talon TSi) and get beside the Supra pretty quick going up a hill. I get on his side and pace him up the hill and he notices me and slows down a bit so I can get neck and neck with him. Looks over at, studies the car for a bit, then nods. Light in front of us starts to turn, and there is a light like 30 ft in front of it that is nsync with it, so we go to the scnd light and throw a few revs. I rev it up to 2k or so and pray for some traction. Light turns, the Supra and myself both struggle for traction since it is the road is kind of wet, I hook first and take him out of the hole. He hooks a few secs after me and tries to catch up, but I hold him off up till about 75 and I flash my hazards and brake check, and he slows down beside me. I think I had about a car and a half, possibly 2 at most, on him by about 75, he honks and waves, I wave back and he turns around at a grocery store to head his way.

2nd race of the night. Been about 20 mins since the race with the Supra, this time I am following my freind in the Talon and we are on a long stretch of 45 heavily patrolled by State Police, and in the left lane this little car flies up on my *** and looks like he is going to rearend me, I was thinking, "*** damnit, I dont need another scratch on my fender". He slows down and then goes around me and paces me, 3 ppl in his car, driver was a guy and some pre-teen kid was in the rear sit, someoen else was in passenger seat. I just look over at his car, because I realize it is a Jetta, he must have seen me laugh because he does one of those slamming on the gas then braking to show how good his brakes work. Well my freind must have thought he wanted a peice of him so he floors it, the Jetta flies up to the Talon and they screw around till they hit some traffic. There is a light then a clearing in the traffic, from the light the Jetta does nothing, my freind doesnt launch, goes up to 40(he was in 4th he told me) and the Jetta flies by him without honking or anything and my freind tries to catch him but a car pulls out in front of him. I just chuckle, and get on my friends side and get in front of him and the other car, get next to the Jetta, going up the hill I had raced the Supra by, and the Jetta floors it going up hill. Small sidenote, this still boggles my mind, I have had more than 5 races with 4cylinders up hills, they were FWD, why do they think they can win up a hill ? Well I just merrily laugh and put my foot on the gas and my beautiful TPI trq kicks in and I pass him rather quiickly, I went WOT at about 45 or so, the Jetta was a car or two in front of me when I floored it, and at the peak of the hill I am at about 80-85 with the Jetta still trying to catch up. I think I had more than 3 cars on him. I slow down and he flies by me. At a light I see the back of his car, TDI, with dealer plates. Funny, very funny. He sees me in the rearview window and puts his hand out the sunroof and did this little hand gesture :rockon: like he won. I get beside him going like 20 mph since there was traffic, I roll down my window and pull the Spork(my racing team symbol) off my mirror and wave it at him and yell "You have been owned by the Spork!" He yells back "I beat you so bad!" I respond "After I had slowed down, I raped you so bad up that hill. I should charge you for the KY jelly!" He yells back "Whatever, (I swear to the Big Guy up there that this what he said unless it got distorted) I will beat your ****** growin ***, in the car or in an alley!" At this point I am laughing hysterically. He then did a F&F drivng and cut in through traffic and off to his little fantasy world.

And I do kind of have a ******, my hair is kind of shaggy, going to get tommorow, but see I am trying to fit in with my fellow 30 some year old F-body owners .
Old 01-24-2003, 11:12 PM
Supreme Member

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts
Car: 1992 Formula Firebird
Engine: 305CID (LB9)
Transmission: World Class T5
Axle/Gears: 10-bolt, 4.10 gears
Yeah the guy I smoked in my F-150 did that. :rockon: It was of course after I hit the brakes and slowed down. He did the typical r!cer flyby. Even though I handed him his *** for a 1/4 mile.
Old 01-25-2003, 09:24 AM
TGO Supporter

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
good stuff!!! could you tell if the supra was modified (engine wise) at all?
Old 01-25-2003, 11:18 AM
Supreme Member

-10 to -20 with wind chill and u dont have school your really lucky, we get -30 with wind chill and its just like any other day. but good race still.
Old 01-27-2003, 06:07 AM

lol, you have a ******. i jokingly told my friend i wsa going to grow a ****** and put ****** Z on my plates. He told me he would disown me as a friend. lol Good races, and i think everybody has had the "i flew by after u braked, but i won" r1cer term.