Theoretical and Street Racing Use this board to ask questions about street racing, discuss your street races, and "who would win?" questions. Keep it safe.

Har Har Har

Search this Thread

Old 12-03-2002, 08:54 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Har Har Har

Har Har Har. This is for the ones of you that want to hear about a DSM getting beat by a Camaro. Just for your luck I almost got a ticket for it.

Well it was Friday night and it was moderately nice. Cool 40 degrees with partially clear skies. Well anyways, I had just washed the Iroc and was taking it for a nice stretch when I got the urge for some Mexican food. Do not know why, but I had an inclination to get some Taco Bell.

Well I am cruising down 224 when I see what appears to be a Fast and the Furious II tryouts. There was a lime green GSX Eclipse(car looked like one from Fast and the Furious), a MaD tYt3 Civic and Jetta(ohhh yes it sure was a beast.) They are cutting in and out of traffic like no other, cutting people off and just all around f^ucking with people. Normally this would just annoy me, they pushed it too far when the Civic almost hit me when he tried to cut me off(I love my torque.)

This is all happening and I am wondering where the cops are, they usually patrol this area often, but no "smokeys"(always wanted to say that) in the air. So traffic goes on and I end up with the Civic behind me, the Eclipse on my side and Jetta behind the GSX. I rolled down the passenger window and asked R^iceboy what his problem was, and for the next minute or so it was an insult war that really does not need to be posted, but I pretty much made him look like an *** in front of his passengers. Then it starts, just what I was suspecting. The Civic started revving, then the Jetta, and the GSX seemed alittle scared .

I look over to see what the homeboy was going to do, he glances over, checks the Iroc-Z badging, talks to someone in the car, looks back over, seems to debate the idea, then the other lights start to turn yellow, and he makes up his mind. He revs his little engine, and looks over. I just smile, chuckle and wait for the light.

I was trying to see if his car rolled back or not, it didnt so things were going to be a little different than I had thought. The light turns green, I give it a little about 1/4 throttle to make sure he is going to go, but he just goes normally, me and my freind laugh and I continue on till about 35-40(is a 40 area) when the GSX chose his own death and tried to go from a roll, he gets besides me flashes his brights than honks his horn, I am at exactly 32 mph, 1 honk, 2 honks and the Eclipse bolts, not very surprised that he went on the 2nd honk, I slam on the gas and pull up onto his side. At about 60 I had about half a car on him and he kept on trying up to 75 but he was not getting anywhere, and he shut down(was about 1 or 1 1/2 lengths on him). He turns into the Taco Bell parking lot and the Civic follows him, but the Jetta seems to want some.

I slow down since there were no cars benind me the Jetta(or so I thought it was a Jetta) slowed down and we caught a light in front of Taco Bell. I had my window down from talking to the GSX driver, when the guy in the VW says I was lucky to have beaten the Eclipse because he was dropping in a naaaaawwwwsss kit this weekend and getting a bigger turbo. I asked him what kind of setup he was going to use with the nitrous, and how many psi he was going to run. The guy seemed surprised that I knew anything about the DSM and said his engine is stock for now, I asked him what kind of turbo he was getting and if he had built internals. He looked puzzled as to what internals were, and I asked if the GSX was going to run a G5 or a Godzilla(I thought those were different turbos) and he said a G5.

I was cracking up at this point and the VW owner got pissed off because I said he was bsing. I asked him why he would race in a Jetta, but he corrected me, it was a Passat. Huh, you learning something new everyday. He said he beats on Camarhoes(as he called them) and FireChickens all the time. I told him I would beat him like a little school girl getting her money stolen by the school bully, he looked a little puzzled at this and said he would run me only if he would get a kiss from my freind(was a girl) if he won. I looked at her and she shuddered and I said only if I can kick your car if I win, he said fine.

This long is light as hell and I sit there and listen to my Beehtoven CD, when the other light finally turns yellow, then red. The Passat is revving like hell, it sounds like a band of killer bees on steroids fighting in a coffee can, this drew the attention of all the ricers in Taco Bell and a few guys that had muscle cars. The muscle car guys were cheering me on, and that made me sooo proud.

The light turns green and I catch the Passat during a fall in his rev :lala: and just rape him off the line. I am running on a pair of worn FireHawks, and my launches are never great but I destroyed him out of the hole. Open it up to WOT and start pulling on him, by about 65 or so I had more than 3 cars on him and shut down, flashed my hazards and go into his lane and turn into the parking lot, after I had turned he flies by and fashes his hazards . This was beyond me, but I go over and talk to the muscle car guys and exchange a few comments, compliment eachother cars and I said bye and grabbed a Code Red. The GSX owner and the Passat driver ask me what I have done to my car, I say headers, exhaust, a little cam work and an intake. The Passat had tooken off his muffle and welded on a a 4 inch tip and the GSX(2nd gen) had an intake, no exhaust for some reason. I told them they should stop acting like asses and actually modify their cars with performance parts, not gay body kits. They looked confused and thought that their kits were performance parts, for handling they claim. I smile and tell the Passat owner that I will take my payment and before he can react I walk over and land a nice kick on his front quarter panel, I knocked part of his body kit loose. He started yelling, and flicked me off. I waved goodbye and left him to fix his body kit.

I always do have the best times going to Taco Bell.

Last edited by BigErns90IrocZ; 12-03-2002 at 08:57 AM.
Old 12-03-2002, 09:19 AM
Supreme Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Car: 1988 IROC-Z
Engine: L98 (350 TPI)
Transmission: MD8 (700 R4) + 3.42 LS1 Rear
That is a great story. kinda sucks to be that guy in the passat.
good kills
Old 12-03-2002, 11:57 AM
Supreme Member

Car: 1990 IROC
Engine: L98
Transmission: TH700-R4
good race, but why did you fell the need to kick his car again??
Old 12-03-2002, 01:20 PM

he he nice kills.....lucky it wasnt a passat W8...theyre pretty quick with the VW 4 motion and about 250hp i think
Old 12-03-2002, 01:40 PM
Supreme Member

Car: 00 TA, 91 Formula, 89 RS
Engine: LS1 / 305 / 2.8, respectively
Transmission: T-56 / auto / auto
LOL

:hail:

Best racing story I've heard in a while.
Old 12-03-2002, 02:39 PM

DAMN

Damn bro, I gotta use that sometime, the next time a r*cer asks me to race I am gonna tell them if I win if I can kick their car..AARON
Old 12-03-2002, 02:45 PM

LoL nice kills. Kick his car, lol, that's pretty good. I usually tell people they gotta buy me a tank of gas...then they just chicken out...
Old 12-03-2002, 02:52 PM
Supreme Member

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
Car: 1988 Trans Am
Engine: 305 TPI
As retarded as those punks sound, I wouldn't damage thier car. He might find your car sitting in a parking lot and decide to attack it, which seems to be a popular choice by ex-girlfriends.

What is it about Taco Bells that attracts R@#$ers. I can go to any Taco Bell and find at least one at any time of the day. Funny story though.
Old 12-03-2002, 04:26 PM
Supreme Member

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
Car: '91 Camaro RS
Engine: F1R Procharged 383
Transmission: Tremec 600
Axle/Gears: moser 12 bolt, 4.11's 33 spline axl
oh man, ex-gf's love to mess with peoples cars......

i used to have a 92 z-24 it wasnt fast really, but it was a nice car, had a sweet interior smooth ride, and it was great on the highway crusing around.

anyways, the b*tch keyed every panel on the car, hood, front bumper cover, fenders, doors, roof, quarters, trunk, rear bumber cover, and spoiler.

i got a free paint job out of that, and sent her a thank you card in the mail lol.
Old 12-03-2002, 04:39 PM
Supreme Member

Car: 91 Z28
Engine: LB9
Transmission: WC T5
Originally posted by devianb
As retarded as those punks sound, I wouldn't damage thier car. He might find your car sitting in a parking lot and decide to attack it, which seems to be a popular choice by ex-girlfriends.

What is it about Taco Bells that attracts R@#$ers. I can go to any Taco Bell and find at least one at any time of the day. Funny story though.
I agree it sems like there are always ricers at the taco bell out here
Old 12-03-2002, 04:50 PM
Supreme Member

Originally posted by fast86z28
I agree it sems like there are always ricers at the taco bell out here

I guess they like cheesy things, which is how many of them like thier cars.
Old 12-03-2002, 07:07 PM

Car: 1981 Oldsmobile Cutlass Supreme Brougham 2dr Coupe
Engine: 403 Olds v8, bored .030 over
Transmission: 350 T.H. 3A, shift kit
Taco Bell, huh?
Now I know where to look. Funny, the Topaz hasn't had a muffler since I got it so it has drawn the attention of plenty of clown car people. It sounded a little *****, but better than any loud 4 cylinder I had ever heard. Anyway, **** happens, and another chunk of the exhaust fell off. Nothing but manifold to the converter now. I don't particularly like this because a) it's too loud and b) it seems to be weaker than it was.
But...
OMG...I get more revs and stares than...hell, I don't know. People are revving at me left and right. People, as for now, it souds like **** and it's not, repeat not a mod.
Clown people are gullible. Just wait till one asks me about my mods. I do plan a few, accepting the car for what it is, but come on. If they want quick, wait for the Crown Victoria to be modded. They want to see very fast, wait for the Cutlass. And if they want to see warp 7, they can't pray, as I am, that I can get that Cobra Jet Coupe.
Taco Bell will get more of my business in the future. And when I race, my win will include a trophy: the part of their car that disgusts me the most. May have to close my eyes and spin a bottle. Should they win, well, they can use their 130 lbs of strength and try to kick a dent in the Crown Victoria. Like they can do something a 350 powered 1500 couldn't
Old 12-03-2002, 07:25 PM

Car: 88 IROC-Z
Engine: 5.7 TPI
Transmission: 700 R-4
:hail: :hail: nice kill, not everyday you can say that, i wish i could
Old 12-03-2002, 11:18 PM
Supreme Member

Originally posted by Abel Kane
Taco Bell, huh?
Now I know where to look.

Oh, it doesn't have to be Taco Bell - any fast food joint like Mc. Donalds, Burger King, or even Wendys will do, although Taco Bell seems to be the most popular choice. I have never seen any at any of the Chinese resturants in my hometown. It's refreshing to see that Sterotypes are proven wrong.
Old 12-04-2002, 01:14 AM

I hear the term DSM used alot on here....not to sound like a moron...but......

?
Old 12-04-2002, 01:52 AM
Supreme Member

Diamond Star Motors

Joint collaboration between Plymouth, Eagle, Mitsubishi

The Laser, Talon, and Eclipse are all called "DSMs" because they were all built collectively, they're essentially the same car, kinda like our Firebirds and Camaros.
Old 12-04-2002, 05:40 PM

Car: 1981 Oldsmobile Cutlass Supreme Brougham 2dr Coupe
Engine: 403 Olds v8, bored .030 over
Transmission: 350 T.H. 3A, shift kit
Agreed about the fast food and Chinese restaurant thing.
No, the truth is, America is about the only place where people are just stupid about cars. I say that with a little bit of prejudice, but I don't mean 100% either way.
I have this philosophy: If I like it, I drive it. If I like it, I like it for what it is, and even though I'll mod anything, I understand limitations.
I'm not just going to buy a car because it's light and put Nitrous on it...uhhh...couldn't you do that with anything? Why does it have to be something sissy and **** weak from the factory? These cars look like something from an acid trip.
Old 12-04-2002, 08:16 PM
TGO Supporter

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
good stuff!
Old 12-04-2002, 08:41 PM
Supreme Member

Originally posted by MdFormula350
good stuff!
You seem to be all about the 2 liner phrases.
Old 12-04-2002, 09:33 PM
Supreme Member

Originally posted by MdFormula350
good stuff!
Mark A Sheilds in training.
Old 12-04-2002, 11:55 PM
Supreme Member

Uh huh.

Old 12-05-2002, 12:10 AM
Supreme Member

Car: 89 Black GTA
Engine: 5.7 TPI
Transmission: 700R4
nice kills. I only found one thing wrong with your story......taco bell isnt mexican food

Brian
Old 12-05-2002, 12:13 AM

Taco Bell is actually Mexican food its basically Mock Mexican....just like Imitation Crab Meat...tastes nothing like the real thing but damn good none of the less
Old 12-05-2002, 01:21 AM
Supreme Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Lol I think this has strayed far enough away from the original idea.