Theoretical and Street Racing Use this board to ask questions about street racing, discuss your street races, and "who would win?" questions. Keep it safe.

Another story for you guys to read

Search this Thread

Old 11-28-2002, 11:18 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Another story for you guys to read

Things Change

Every generation has something exciting to claim. The 50's was a time of carefree rebellion and the dawn of Rock and Roll. The 60's was a time for the counter-culture to start their own rebellion in the form of Sex, Drugs, Rock and Fast cars. The 70's was a time for disco, more drugs and the liberation of women. The 80's was only Heavy metal and ******s. Sort of the dark ages for American Culture. The 80's was just a decade of transition from the 70's to the 90's. Nothing more nothing less.

When the 90's came it was a transition that seemed to happen overnight. Car manufactuers were going the way of fuel efficiency and aerodynamics, and bands like Soundgarden and Nirvana were dominating the airwaves. Things like big hair, leather pants and loud rock changed into things like big jeans, even stranger hair styles and Rock bands screaming their messages into the minds of the youth.

High school was a blast. Sure I hated every minute of it, and I had but a few friends but we made the best of it. Everyone was saying "You better have fun while it lasts. When you get in the real world things change." At that time I had no idea what the extent of that statement was. Looking back it was a time when the only thing that mattered was cars, girls, a few friends and getting stoned on the weekends. After graduation the real world had smacked me in the face. This is where my story begins, in the halls of Hamilton High West. In the suburbs of Central Jersey. In the depths of my mind.

It was a brisk autumn morning. I had awaken on time, which is a rarity with me. Things were different today. "Today I am a freshman in high school" I thought. "No more middle school bull****. Four years left and I'm done. These years are what really count."

I met my friend Matt at his house and we went to the store to buy a pack of smokes from the deli. We lit one up each and started walking. We sat across the street from the high school where a bunch of kids were lined up talking and inhaling each drag of their cigarettes before the bell rang. We bull****ted about things that happened over the summer and about how much high school was going to be different. How much we were gonna be different. How much life would change for the better. We was getting our licenses soon and we would be graduating soon. To us the world was in our hands, and for the most part it was, it was just a matter at how we would shape it. AS THE BELL RANG WE THREW OUR CIGARETTES AND WALKED SLOWLY TOWARDS THE DOOR. I HAD A STRANGE FEELING IN MY STOMACH AND WITH THE LAST RING OF THE BELL WE WALKED THROUGH THE DOORS.
LITTLE DID I KNOW THAT AS WE WALKED THROUGHT THOSE DOORS AND THEY SHUT, IT SHUT THE DOOR TO THE PAST, AND OPENED A NEW ONE TO THE FUTURE. THINGS WERE GOING TO CHANGE AND I KNEW IT.

Ninth grade flew by and things were already starting to change. People were starting to listen to rap music, while a few still listened to rock. White boys were trying to be black, and the Metalheads wore all black. I didn't fit in. We didn't fit in. I wasn't doing as well in school as I was in middle school. We were smoking pot more often and sometimes venturing into different drugs. We were trying to establish an identity. In the process we ended up throwing our lives away.

Tenth grade had started and interest in school was fading slowly.
I was so engrossed with drugs and partying that two months before tenth grade ended I was thrown out of school. The Board of Education found an "Alternative School" for me to finish out the year. During gym class I didnt want to participate because I was very high at the time. I started setting fire to my pen and I accidentally caused a fire. I was thrown out of the school within four days. At that time I didn't care.

That summer was spent getting high, partying, playing video games that it flew by. Two of my friends had OD'd that summer and almost died. The only thing it changed was that we didn't drink as much anymore. I was thrown out of school and my two best friends dropped out. Life was exciting, and things were always changing. Every day was an adventure and we always found it.

I was enrolled in another alternative school before the 11th grade started. They told me that I will have to repeat the 10th grade because I didn't have enough credits. I rolled my eyes at that. That year I met a girl that I worked with named Jen. She was 18 and I was 16 at the time. I thought I was kicking ***. I was getting honor roll in school, I had a girlfriend and I was getting high all the time still. Things couldn't have been better in my eyes. I was right. It only got worse. At the end of the school year the school board told me that if I took a summer school course I would be allowed to be a senior and graduate the next year. I agreed.

The summer started off good. I enrolled in the course and I only had to go for one month 5 days a week for only two hours. I went the first week and started off great. I was taking notes, passing tests and getting the job done. On that friday after school I went out with Jen. On the way back from her house I spent a 20 bucks on a few hits of acid. I took all three of them on the way back to my house. I was tripping really good. Everything was bright and sunny, the houses and cars looked like something from the Simpsons. I got back to my house sat on the porch and from there I layed down. I was immersed in my little trip. My friends seen me and tried to get me up and they thought I was in trouble. The ambulance came and took me to the hospital. They found nothing wrong with me. I came down from that trip 4 days later. I was physically and mentally exhausted and I missed three days of school. They kicked me out of summer school. After that I felt my life was going to hell. I didn't care about anyone or anything except Jen. My mother kicked me out of the house plenty of times and I was living with my friends or in an abandoned house for a while. Eventually I was let back in the house. I lost my virginity after that happened on Jen's back porch. A few weeks after that I got word that some guy had slapped my girlfriend. I let the anger built up inside and caused five thousand dollars worth of damage to his Chevy Blazer.

The new school year started and I was informed that because I didn't complete the summer school course that they would still enter me as a senior. The only thing I had to do was take a night school course during the year. Then I got the news. Jen found out in November she was two months pregnant. We were happy, we were in love, and nothing can stop us. I recieved a court notice a week later. I went to court and the judge found me guilty of criminal mischeif, disorderly conduct, and destruction of property. They locked me up in a juvenile detention center. From there they moved me to a juvenile half-way house after I convinced them I needed supervision because of my drug habits. I did my time sitting down reading, playing chess and looking at a picture of my girl. In december I was on the phone when my girlfriend told me she was bleeding. She went to the doctors and found out she had a miscarriage. We were devestated and I couldn't even see her. I was let out on house arrest a month later.

I constantly had to check in with my house arrest officer and had a curfew of 8 o'clock every night. I had to report for weekly drug tests till my trial three weeks later. I was allowed to have my girlfriend come over. Three weeks later we went to court and all the charges were dropped and I no longer needed drug testing. I still had a curfew which was 10 on weekdays and 12 on weekends, court mandatory. I went back to school a week later.
I kicked *** in school and took my night school course and I was off the court mandatory curfew for my efforts. I was all set to graduate until I got in a fight two months before graduation. I found myself arrested again and kicked out of school. No charges were filed, luckily or I would've had to max out my time in an adult jail for a year and a half. Jen got pregnant again and this time we were going to do everything right. We went to the doctors and they concluded that she had two heartbeats inside her. She was pregnant with twins. The doctor informed her that if she had them she would either end up being paralyzed or die during the birth. She didn't want to take the chance. She aborted them. We only went out for a month and a half more after that. I broke up with her. I ended up getting home schooled for the rest of the year and graduated with my original class.

I had about 6 friends now and that summer was the greatest. My friend bought an 85 Trans Am with a 5 speed and that was our vehicle that brought us fun. We would drive around and look for races, travel to Philly to take in the street racing, even drive to the shore just to **** on the beach. We were getting high, having fun and I was back with my girlfriend. A routine visit to the gynocologist for her revealed yet again she was pregnant. The doctor had concluded she was 4 months pregnant. I had a thought that it wasn't mine but concluded that she was with me 4 months ago so it was mine. She was pregnant with a baby girl that was growing just perfectly. She told her mother a few weeks
later. Her mother hit her. An hour later she took herself to the hospital for pains she was having. Tests concluded that the baby was injured inside the womb and labor was induced. 14 hours later my baby girl was born. She was 4 months old and was born as a still birth. After that we didn't talk to each other and it was silently over between us.

I spent the next year working. I had recieved a 1985 Cutlass Supreme 442. I spent my money working on the car. A few months after owning it a drunk driver had smashed into my car while it was parked on the side of the road. Once again everything I worked for went down the drain. I was using my mothers car at the time being when my friend with the Trans Am had moved to California. Life was beginning to change. Within that time I bought a 1986 Camaro Sports Coupe. It was black with T-Tops, nice interior and a decent LG4 under the hood. I was doing ok.

I worked at the Home Depot using my mothers car at the time. I met a girl there named Shannon. We hit it off great and I ended up moving into her house. Some lady had totalled her car while I was using it. As a result I had to take time off from my job and I was fired from the Home Depot. Her parents bought her a 1988 Chevy Beretta GT to use till her Neon was fixed. I was driving it one night and while I was backing up in a WaWa parking lot I back the side across the bumper of a 1999 Chevy Silverado. The Beretta was fine just a bunch of dents. I got a job at the WaWa down the street from there and I borrowed money from my grandfather and my Camaro was on the road.

A few months later the bills were piling up and her car was fixed. I owed money for my car insurance, which was 279 dollars a month. I went to a site called Thirdgen.org and responded to a WANT ad. A guy named Cayse responded back and within the week he bought my Camaro. With the money I bought the Beretta, paid my insurance and was back on track. Two of my best friends moved out to California with the other friend that had already established hisself.

Life changed immensely. Shannon became pregnant and is now almost 4 months pregnant. Recently last week Jen showed back up into my life. My mind was thrown upside down and I did not know what to do. I left Shannon and went to catch up with Jen. She wanted me back and I thought I did as well. I didn't go home to Shannon for a week. Jen and I never had sex during that week but we were planning on skipping town and living together. I spent a few nights sleeping in my car and did a lot of thinking. I took Jen with me to Shannon's house to pick up my stuff. That night I made a very important decision. One I thought I would never make. I wanted Jen ever since we broke up. I couldn't bring myself to lose her again. I ended up dropping Jen back off to her aunts house and explained to her that Shannon needs me and things weren't the same. I found myself loving two girls at the same time. In the end I made the choice to be with Shannon and my child. I grew up without a father and my child will not. So I drove back to Shannon's house and parked. I SLOWLY WALKED UP TO SHANNON'S DOOR I THREW MY CIGARETTE, I HAD A STRANGE FEELING IN MY STOMACH. AS I WALKED THROUGH HER DOOR AND SHUT IT I CLOSED THE DOOR TO THE PAST AND OPENED A NEW ONE TO THE FUTURE. THINGS HAVE CHANGED AND NOW I KNOW IT.

Last edited by NastyEssCee; 11-28-2002 at 01:22 PM.
Old 11-28-2002, 01:20 PM

This is a story that I recently submitted to a publisher of short stories. It's more of a rough draft and really needs the hands of an editor but im keeping my fingers crossed.
Old 11-28-2002, 07:32 PM

Stay off the drugs man its bad for you.
Old 11-28-2002, 09:02 PM
Supreme Member

Car: Sexy
Engine: Stock
Transmission: Slipping
Well.. he *did* mention a thirdgen a couple times in all that.

:lala:
Old 11-29-2002, 09:18 AM
Supreme Member

Car: 1991 Z-28
Engine: Can you say stroke?!?!
Transmission: 700-r4
Axle/Gears: 3.42
Damn brotha, you've got some good writing skills. Maybe you should look into some college classes or something for it. You never know, that could be your way to a NEW future and a NEW chapter in that thing we call life.
Old 11-29-2002, 11:49 AM

thanks man....just wanted some honest opinions on the writing and the story....post is still open
Old 11-29-2002, 01:19 PM

lot of tough times come our way. some hard decisions we gotta make. keep on track and you'll make the right ones. you're doin good so far. keep it up man.

Rich
Old 11-29-2002, 05:38 PM
Supreme Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Car: 2005 BMW 545i
Engine: 4.4L N62B44
Transmission: 6spd auto
Axle/Gears: Rotating
please stay off the drugs.... my mom and stepdad were on them for some time and it was a very bad abusive eniroment.
we all make mistakes in life, but it looks as though according to your story that you are making a change just please stay with it
Old 11-29-2002, 08:02 PM

https://www.thirdgen.org/techbb2/sho...hreadid=142230
Old 11-30-2002, 07:38 AM
TGO Supporter

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
we all make mistakes, just takes effort to get back on track..
Old 11-30-2002, 01:49 PM

thanks guys your all super fricken cool...i know this story is off topic as is all my stories but at least i always mention a THIRD GEN
Old 12-02-2002, 12:04 AM

Car: 1981 Oldsmobile Cutlass Supreme Brougham 2dr Coupe
Engine: 403 Olds v8, bored .030 over
Transmission: 350 T.H. 3A, shift kit
Is that story about you? If it is...

I going to pay closer attention to you so I can possibly change my mine...But as for now, I can say without any remorse that you used to be a piece of gutter trash ****.
You can take that any way you want, but if you really have changed...hey, you can't get mad at me. And you had best get a handle on the violence thing.
That being said, nice essay.

Last edited by Abel Kane; 12-02-2002 at 12:06 AM.
Old 12-02-2002, 12:19 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Car: 91 GTA, 91 Formula, 89 TTA
Engine: all 225+ RWHP
Transmission: all OD
Axle/Gears: Always the good ones
sounded ok , not sure if your adlibbing or going by yoiur own real life experiences or what not, but if your lopoking for some awesome stories relating in anyway to automobiles , go to www.turbobuick.com and go to the kill/fish stories and look for posts by a man named raven :-)

blow your friggin mind they will
honest out
Old 12-02-2002, 12:35 AM
Supreme Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
A little off topic regarding thirdgens and racing.

Last edited by iroc22; 12-02-2002 at 12:41 AM.