Theoretical and Street Racing Use this board to ask questions about street racing, discuss your street races, and "who would win?" questions. Keep it safe.

Why are ricers so stupid?

Search this Thread

Old 10-13-2002, 07:17 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Why are ricers so stupid?

ok imn my previous post i wrote about my race with an 84 ho z28. Well earlier last night i saw a guy i used ot work with and he is an import guy, i told him if any imports wanted any to come get me, well as i was following the z28 around. he pulls up and says that there is a white crx waiting at the car wash to race, and he wants me bad . Well i told him i was trying to get a race worth my gas right now, but i would think about it. Well as we were coming back down the road after racing(we were going to a place to stop and talk about our cars) we drove by the car wash, im just crusng by and i hear, "Hey you F***in chump!" I was so freaking pissed. Then he drives by the place we were standing and revs up hit fartmobile, and takes off revving the **** out of it and going nowhere. Why would i risk a ticket and waste gas, on such a peice? Well needless to say if i see this kid out and get a chance to line up with him. Im going to show him some distant iroc taillights. Well sorry about the length im just pissed. Anyone else feel like this?
Old 10-13-2002, 08:14 AM

Car: '83 Trans Am
Engine: 350
Transmission: TH350 w/2500 stall
I hear you man, you can't race everybody.

Especially if they've got a stock car with a fart pipe on it, why would you waste your time?

Better off risking a race for a decent challenge...
Old 10-13-2002, 08:52 AM
Supreme Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Car: 99 Formula
Engine: LS1
Transmission: T56
Axle/Gears: 342
Chump, lmao, people still use that.
Old 10-13-2002, 11:05 AM
Supreme Member

Car: 2006 Corvette
Engine: LS2
Transmission: T56
Axle/Gears: 3.42s
i wouldnt worry about racing him. cars (and people) like that arent worth your time/gas. even if you do race him (and smoke him) remember this ***** proverb :

"even if you win by an inch or a mile, the guy in the Civic will always tell his friends he smoked you"
Old 10-13-2002, 01:42 PM

Originally posted by tpivette89
"even if you win by an inch or a mile, the guy in the Civic will always tell his friends he smoked you"
LmFaO......soooo true. I say dont give him the time of day, and watch how pissed off he gets over that.
Old 10-13-2002, 01:59 PM
Banned

Get a goped, tell him you'll race him, then when you line up get out of your car and pull the goped out of the trunk. Then when he asks what you're doing say "I thught you wanted it to be a fair race."

That'll really **** him off
Old 10-13-2002, 02:36 PM

lmao yeah man once you get used to driving a car thats actually FAST you cant help but laugh but yeah when i see a kid whos got his head up his *** with an import thats plenty loud, and doesn tgo anywhere you just have to educate his ***, granted hes got an open mind and doesnt say any bull**** about how it wasnt a fair race lol like oh no my foot sliped those are the ones who need to just stay out of our way
Old 10-13-2002, 07:42 PM
Supreme Member

Car: 1991 Trans Am
Engine: LQ4
Transmission: T-56
Axle/Gears: 3.70
this is funny, ive gotta add my story. since i got my car all the ricers at my school want to race me, but i dont wanna waste any gas on their hand me down from mommy civics. i would always tell them no, and they would just be like "its because youre afraid":sillylol:. so when my dad bought a riding mower, i told this kid with an 01 civic with an intake id race him, on my new lawnmower. he was PISSED. it was ****ing hilarious. he stomped out of the room saying somethin about me being a pu$$y

Last edited by KagA152; 10-13-2002 at 07:45 PM.
Old 10-13-2002, 08:00 PM
Supreme Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Car: 87 Buick GN
Engine: 3.8L (231 cid) V6
Transmission: 200-4R
Axle/Gears: 10 bolt G80/ 3.42
Originally posted by tpivette89
Nah, that's only when he does the ***** flyby after you smoke him.:sillylol:
Old 10-13-2002, 09:48 PM

Car: 88 IROC-Z
Engine: 5.7 TPI
Transmission: 700 R-4
I wouldent waste my time, but if if he called me that i would have to rip his a$S off and place it on the hood of his *****!!!
Old 10-13-2002, 09:50 PM

Originally posted by IROCZZ3
Nah, that's only when he does the ***** flyby after you smoke him.:sillylol:
lol, if that isnt the truth. I hate that so much, its so gay. Thats what starts rumors about imports having better top end. Because they honestly think they are passing u.
Old 10-14-2002, 04:38 AM
Supreme Member

i know a guy in a civic EX with cold air and Z rated tires, and that is all his performance mods.
he says he loves the high revs he can do in the civic though.
biker
Old 10-14-2002, 09:32 AM

Car: 1991 Formula
Engine: 350 firebreathing inches of Small Block Chevrolet
Transmission: A 700R4 that has trouble handling the formentioned 350.
First off TunedPortZ why did you ask if any imports wanted to come race you if you didn't want to race them??? . I mean come on if your going to call them out and they show you have to run one. And don't feed me a line of crap about wasting gas and all that. Just think how would you feel if an import called out all domestics to race and you showed up and then he said no I don't want to waste his gas, you would be pissed too.
So if you have the ***** to call out all imports like you did (remember that Supra's and cars like that are included in imports)you better have the car and the money to back it up.

Sorry if I offended anyone but I was just trying to look at it from both sides.
Later, Garrett
Old 10-14-2002, 10:17 AM
Supreme Member

Car: 00 TA, 91 Formula, 89 RS
Engine: LS1 / 305 / 2.8, respectively
Transmission: T-56 / auto / auto
Yeah, but when he asked the guy if there were any imports for him to race, I'm sure he meant a "real" import. Not an econobox.
Old 10-14-2002, 12:51 PM

Whatever, if you said it you better back it up no matter what kind of an import it is. Oh yea by the way a crx is an import, or at least the last time I checked.

Later, Garrett
Old 10-14-2002, 12:58 PM
Supreme Member

Geez, man. Chill. I wasn't trying to be argumentative, just sayin'....

If I would've known someone had pissed in your Corn Flakes this morning I wouldn't have posted.
Old 10-14-2002, 01:06 PM

No dude not pissed just trying to say that if you talk the talk you better walk the walk. Sorry if I came off as pissy, my bad, just a little unhappy because the imports never want to race me when they call out the American cars, so now I'm just putting myself in the other guys position, pissed.

Later, Garrett
Old 10-14-2002, 01:11 PM
Supreme Member

Ah alright, it's cool dude. I guess the rolling eyes threw me off and it came off that you were ticked. It's all good. Yeah I hate when people call you out but don't follow through....
Old 10-15-2002, 08:14 AM

Originally posted by CamaroFreak406
First off TunedPortZ why did you ask if any imports wanted to come race you if you didn't want to race them??? . I mean come on if your going to call them out and they show you have to run one. And don't feed me a line of crap about wasting gas and all that. Just think how would you feel if an import called out all domestics to race and you showed up and then he said no I don't want to waste his gas, you would be pissed too.
So if you have the ***** to call out all imports like you did (remember that Supra's and cars like that are included in imports)you better have the car and the money to back it up.

Sorry if I offended anyone but I was just trying to look at it from both sides.
Later, Garrett
First Off, i dont race for money. Second if you read more closely i was trying to race a car i really wanted to race at the time. And if you read i also told the guy i would think about it AFTER i raced the z28. I have been trying to race this guy for over a year, and finally got the oppurtunity i wasnt going to ruin it for a white primered crx with a 16yr old punk driving who thought he had something. Would i have raced him if i wasnt currently involved in a race? YES. and last time i checked when you are called out YOU go find the caller. I drove by his hangout at least 5-6 times before i knew he wanted to race. when i want to race someone i sit and wait for them, and then follow them. Or at least thats what people with ***** do. So to answer your question i did not back out, i was busy, i asked the other guy close to 2 hrs. before and no one tried. So i tried to race something i could brag about beating. No one showed, he just told the guy i told to tell me (confused yet) to meet him at the carwash. no.... u get called out , u go find. thats the rule. thats my opiniom
Old 10-16-2002, 09:14 PM

Car: 1981 Oldsmobile Cutlass Supreme Brougham 2dr Coupe
Engine: 403 Olds v8, bored .030 over
Transmission: 350 T.H. 3A, shift kit
I have little stoplight wars all of the time but when it comes to a race like that, I have my reasons and it has nothing to do with what kind of vehicle it is or wasting gas or anything.
1) I race friends, relatives, people who I know are safe drivers.
2) Someone needs to be set straight.

Those are my reasons. It keeps it safer. Reason being, you race to the speed you want to go and if you're in a REASON 2 race, let him see your brakelights and then let him go. He's no longer your concern. He's got somewhat of a mind of his own.
Old 10-20-2002, 06:43 PM

yeah well when you see a cocky *** ***** import toying around his econorice, you cant help but say hey put up or shut up because no one cares that you can drive fast around a 25 mhp zone, theres a kid with a WRX around where i live and all he did was put a blow off valve in it and a k@n flilter, but hes pretty cool about it hes not one of the cocky ones, then theres this kid with a white dodge neon, 2LTR OHC with a foldiers coffee muffler, pepboys special wing, and neons all over the place, and this kid really needs a good *** kicken i could care less about my gas when you worry about gas it means your a cheepskate no offence but i think the satisfaction of beating a cocky dick like them is priceless
Old 10-21-2002, 06:25 AM

but is it worth getting a speeding ticket or losing your liscense. Ive just recently started decreasing the amount of street racing i do for the most obvious reasons. 1) i hate paying fines 2) i hate not having my DL 3) its dangerous and inconsiderate to other people on the road. I love street racing dont get me wrong, theres nothing that gets my adrenaline pumping more, but as i get older i just realize that its not smart. So ill do most of my racing at the track. I'm not afraid to lose to an import, i just dont like to give retards in riced out imports the time of day, unless its on a less crowded street and theres no one in front of us. If i was afraid to lose to imports i would not have raced that TT 300zx . He beat me pretty bad. Well thats really all i have to say, just wanted to let you guys know the reason i thought the ***** was stupid, is because he wanted to race me, but he wouldnt come follow me, and then he wanted to talk trash. When ever i have wanted to race some one i follow them.... i dont know maybe this kid is just 16 and doesnt know about street racing yet.