Theoretical and Street Racing Use this board to ask questions about street racing, discuss your street races, and "who would win?" questions. Keep it safe.

Finally my first race :)

Search this Thread

Old 09-18-2002, 12:36 AM
Supreme Member

Received 26 Likes on 20 Posts
Car: 1987 TransAm Ttop
Engine: 2005 LQ4
Transmission: Ls1 T56
Axle/Gears: 3:42
Finally my first race :)

Well after comin on here and readin all these great stories of races happening with you guys i finally have one of my own and my first race to boot.So first off I have to say i know i have the lil 305 lg4 motor but i thank *** its in great shape or id be toast here.My area has alot of wanna be ricers,stickers the whole works all show no go.my car needs a paint job bad but as long as my motor is good and i beat a couple of ppl in a car that looks bad im happy.So here is my first race.

Im coming home from dropping my mom to work.I had just gotten off the highway and im driving the good old 91 dodge caravan.when i got to my street i see a newer style monte carlo and a 92 ish black civic punching it around the corner.I instant had to see this,i knew the civic was a goner lol.i watched the civic take a brutal beating and then i decided ok lets bring out the t/a and play for a bit.I rushed home cuz its around 12 at night and thats when a big crowd of ricers drive around here.i switched cars and headed to the gas station,lg4 drinks my wallet i swear.Then i was on the hunt.i was driving around for about 10 mins lookin for anyone interested.Finally see a black and red integra going at it in front of me.i waited for a chance to line up with them.next light i was in the far right,red integra in the middle and black integra with 2 hot girls on the left.bothe integras were around 89 style so i wasnt worried,they both had rust n crap so i was just laughin.now i needed to know who was a challenge for me so lights turns green and i easy it through its auto but i manually shift ,the girls having trouble driving her stick integra which was funny,but the guy in the red knew what he was doing.we come to the next light and this time im ready to go for it, i put on my music,lower the windows,give a copule revs then watch the light.Green hits and we take off,the girls hit first hard and stalled shifting to 2nd so they were gone LOL,the guy in red got a lil jump on me but by the end of second into third i owned him by about 2 cars.ive never been more happy about my car. we stop at the next light and now i got worried,there is a police stationg about 2 blocks up with no lights in between,its a long straight and i know the guy was pissed,i wasnt about to let him think he beat me if i didnt run this last time either.so fine i rev letting him know im game.i put her in neutral and rev 2grand,light turns and i slam into drive,i chirped a lil and we were off,this time he didnt get a chance to go past my headlights and i floored it as long as i could,he kept trtying to stay on me and luckily no cops were around and all lanes were free.when i hit about 140kph( i hate saying its in kph,damn canadian rules lol) and was way ahead i shut down and turned to head home.guess what i got after that,he turns to follow me and give the flyby and then turns back around flashing his lights and goes his way.oh well u cant win them all.after that i was soo happy i won my first race i didnt want to stop there lol.driving home i saw a sweet red 98 t/a vert.i knew exactly what i was up against but hey i wanted to see those lt1's and ls1's go.i rolled my window down and i ask the guy for quick run to the next light.of laughed and so did i and he said ok ill show u what this thing can do.when that light turned green man i didnt even bother putting up i fight he was screaming down the road,when i caught up he had a big grin,i told him thanx and i said id love to have that motor and then i went home.well thats my story,i had lots of fun doing it lol i dont recommend street racing but man is it fun.thanx for listening guys and be safe.:lala:
Old 09-18-2002, 10:14 AM
Supreme Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Car: 00 TA, 91 Formula, 89 RS
Engine: LS1 / 305 / 2.8, respectively
Transmission: T-56 / auto / auto
Sweet story! Nice details.

Funny how you braved it going towards a police station
Old 09-18-2002, 01:10 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I feel like we are brothers now. Same car, same engine. Except that mine is modded but it runs so sh!tty that you would probably beat it. As for the story, awesome runs dude. I know exactly what you mean about the gas mileage, and i shift manually when racing too (with cam, my best power is after 4500rpms and it will automatically shift there unless i do it myself). Don't worry about the looks. At least you can back the car up with some power. I'm getting my paint job (still white) in a few weeks and i'm really excited. i'm getting the black bird on the hood too How many miles do you have and what are your plans for modding? If i were to guess, i'd say you were, 17? Maybe 18. Well, i'm 18.

~Matt
Old 09-18-2002, 02:14 PM
Supreme Member

Car: 1990 IROC
Engine: L98
Transmission: TH700-R4
cool race dude. many people on this board like to bad mouth the LG4, but thats just cuz they dont have one
Old 09-18-2002, 02:42 PM

Engine: slowtacular L03 305
Transmission: slushem 700r4
Nice race and it is dam fun to get those LS1's and LT1s to open em. I love pulling up to a guy that looks like he just bought his shiny ss4th gen camaro or trans am ws6 (after owning several 3rd gens probably) and giveing a friendly rev to see if he wants to play a bit. I always get smoked like im in park, but man its fun to watch those tail lights get farther and farther away.
Old 09-18-2002, 04:20 PM

hell yes! I am agreed Jokerman. Hey Curt, you know that Diablo that always drives by Wendys? I want to race him. V12, droool.

~Matt
Old 09-18-2002, 04:23 PM

i put her in neutral and rev 2grand,light turns and i slam into drive,i chirped a lil and we were off
hehe im not sure if neutral dropping is exactly healthy for an auto, just my 2 cents. the girls stalled out in 2nd LOL they were prolly like "OMG WHAT DO I DO NOW?!" watch me get my **** handed to me by a girl hahahha
Old 09-20-2002, 12:07 AM
Supreme Member

lol thanx for the reply guys.i did have lots of fun and now i think coming out late at night to catch a race is gonna be a bad habit to shake.im actually 19 turning 20 in dec and yea i know dropping from neutral is a bad beating on the tranny but there is always ur nearest scrap yard lol.umm braving it for the police station next time hell no lol my heart was gonna pop out when i did that.and yea those girls had me crackin up big time when i saw the headlights just dip forward and dim down,oh well.they were hot too.my lg4 gots some major miles on it,jus rolled up to 250,000k.its has been rebuilt but i dont have any docs and when exactly.my boss has a nice 350 built all motor pushing 350hp,he has many connections and he is gonna help me build up my motor.my modd plans right now is go wild cuz everyone tells me get a 350,but im thinkin why be a followerwhen i can be different and build somethin like a twin turbo 305.i its possible for me to do that then ill go for.will it rape my wallet for a good number of years,yup.do i care.nope.will it look,sound,and drive good.better damn believe it.i like to stand apart from other cars so i think a lg4 with twin turbo will do that.plus having it make over 300hp is a great 1:1 hp to displacement ratio that will have me smiling all day long.thats my plans more like dream at the moment.but its all in my head right now,just wish money grew on trees.
Old 09-20-2002, 12:37 AM

AH, memories

I remember my first race like it was yesterday. Sounds like you had a great time. Just remember to stay safe while you're doing it. The mod idea sound hott. I hope it all goes well. Something to keep in mind though. Driving a thridgen means getting raped in the wallet for the rest of your days. They'll never stop takin' the cash....

Keep us up to date with furture races.
Old 09-20-2002, 09:13 AM

sounds like a good plan for the 305 buddy. I was thinking Procharger one day, but that won't be for a while. How many miles is 250,000km? I think it's like 125,000 right?

~Matt
Old 09-20-2002, 08:49 PM
Supreme Member

yea that sounds about right with the mileage.as far as the mods,it will be a long time before that ever gets finished but that the most fun part is building and trial and error.im just going to find another 305 hopefully one with lower mileage and build it up on just beat on the one i have now.luckily my area doesnt have many hp monster on the street so im gonna take my time and build my car right,doing a job too fast always turns to be a failure.so for now im jus gonna race every now and thenkeep an eye out because safety is key,id rather lose then die or kill someone else thats rule #1 something all of us should follow.good luck to you all,im glad to now be apart of this board,be safe and show everyone what our cars can do.