Theoretical and Street Racing Use this board to ask questions about street racing, discuss your street races, and "who would win?" questions. Keep it safe.

Had fun with a s2000

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-2002, 11:44 AM
Supreme Member
TGO - 10 Year Member

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
Car: 1988 IROC Vert
Engine: 355 ZZ4
Transmission: T5 Manual
I used to own a 1st Gen RX-7. Then I grew up and got me a proper car
Old 04-29-2002, 11:50 AM
Supreme Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally posted by ZZ42Fast
I used to own a 1st Gen RX-7. Then I grew up and got me a proper car
Haha

Actually I like the RX-7's....

Just cuz i've seen a few with 350s in them
Old 04-30-2002, 10:46 AM

okay... fun fun fun. First my thoughts on the S2000:

The S2000 is a very good sports car, excellent handling, decent acceleration if you rev the **** out of it, great braking, good looks, but somewhat overpriced for my tastes. The engine is too peaky as well, its not as important to have a lot of torque as it is to have a nice even torque band across your RPMs. The S2000 is waaay too high. They would have been much better off turbocharging it. Keep in mind its not a drag car, that was never its intent, so dont classify it as a POS because it cant do a 12 second 1/4 mile.

Okay, and about Barwick, yes I know him, he's my friend *ducks* His RX-7 (either of them, the '80 race car, or the TurboII, if it was running) would beat the living **** out of ANY f-body that didnt have $20K in handling mods around Waterford Hills, or any other small technical handling track, including an autocross track.

Oh, and I'll be more than happy to make the same offer. I have a '91 MR2, and an '85 RX-7... and I guarantee you wont have a chance in hell in a handling contest, with either of my cars. Most of you could beat me in the straight line, that I dont care about too much, because I dont consider drag racing to be anywhere near as much fun as road racing. Once I go turbo though, you better watch out in the straight line as well... cuz I can hook up like no other being mid-engined. (In 1989 the Toyota MR2 SC was the fastest stock street car in the world from 0-30 mph. No ****.)

Another thing, a 50/50 weight balance is NOT an advantage, regardless of what so many people say. Look at the Porsche 911, the Lotus Elise, the Ferrari 360 Modena, the Toyota MR2, all of them are heavily biased towards the rear, and they are all known as incredibly well-handling cars.
Old 04-30-2002, 10:48 AM
Supreme Member

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Mistar 1 post comes in and shows us up

Raptor13x

Old 04-30-2002, 10:58 AM
Supreme Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Car: 2007 Saturn Sky Redline
Engine: 2.0 turbo
Transmission: m5
Axle/Gears: 3.91 LSD
Haha, Barwick made another account to try to defend himself, that's just plain sad.
And 20k? :sillylol: :sillylol: :sillylol: :sillylol:
Old 04-30-2002, 11:09 AM

funny. Check the IP's. Its not the same person, genious.

and if you dont believe me, go to www.board.mr2faq.com or www.rx7forum.com and feel free to ask around.

I have nearly 5000 posts on the MR2 board... tell me someone that doesnt even own an MR2 is gonna do that.

actually, Barwick asked me to check out this thread, and laugh at the stupidity. and its been pretty funny so far. You people are such a joke!

Last edited by Raptor13x; 04-30-2002 at 11:12 AM.
Old 04-30-2002, 11:09 AM
Supreme Member

Haha

That is funny, cuz we all know that 1 person is bound to an ip/provider their entire life.

GENIOUS
Old 04-30-2002, 11:12 AM
Supreme Member

Haha way to misspell genius, "genious." It's easy to switch ISPs and clear browser cookies, or GASP use a different computer.
Old 04-30-2002, 11:14 AM

thats funny, cuz Barwick doesnt even have access to this building. Soooo Lame
Old 04-30-2002, 11:15 AM

anybody who lives in southeast michigan, I'd be happy to show you the difference between me and barwick.
Old 04-30-2002, 11:23 AM
Supreme Member

Haha, go away troll, we all know you're just here to try to defend your other nickname, another guy with almost no posts to his name, who only achieves a post count by double posting when the same can be achieved in a single post. Now THIS thread is going to be locked too. Troll Week at thirdgen.org Monkie Barwick and now Raptor(age)13
Old 04-30-2002, 11:35 AM

yea, thats fantastic... I dont even know why I waste my time with you ******* morons.

I somehow doubt you will realize the truth... that your cars are complete ****boxes. I know, I used to own one. They make FD RX-7's look reliable. they make ANYTHING look reliable... Can you say 3 engines in 5 months??? I'm sooo glad someone broke into it and totalled it, so i can have the damn thing off my insurance policy.

The offer stands by the way. Anyone who thinks they can beat me at an autocross or at waterford hills, bring it! Raptor13x@hotmail.com is my email.

The other offer stands too. I will show anyone who really gives a flying fu ck that I am not barwick. Oh well, enough of my time has been wasted here. goodbye, and goodluck with your f-bodies... and keeping them from blowing up. They are nothing but ticking time bombs. Bloated, overweight, underpowered, underperforming, ugly, poor handling, poor braking, poorly designed, gas guzzling, shoddy craftsmanship GM-reject POS's

<---- glad to not own one, or ANY american made POS for that matter. If its american and doesnt say Panoz, Vector, or well, nothing, i dont want it.
Old 04-30-2002, 11:54 AM
Supreme Member

Hahhahahahaha and my point is proven. :sillylol:
Old 04-30-2002, 12:16 PM

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
Car: 1989 Trans Am GTA
Engine: Stock LS1
Transmission: T56
Axle/Gears: 3.70 9 bolt
Trust me guys, they are two different people. They both go to the same school I do (Kettering University), and are members of the car club (ironicly called Firebirds, founded and named a long time before the car came out). In fact I was thinking of buying Raptor's v6 RS when I joined this board (hence the name).

I don't know how fast the GTA will be on an autocross course, but both the RX-7 and MR2 were waay faster than the neon. I'll have to wait and see how the GTA stacks up, but its doubtful that I can beat Raptor, he knows his car very well, and is a good driver. Please guys, realize that in a stop light and 1/4 mile races third gens are awsome cars for the money. They also handle pretty well for there weight. Anyone who needs to be reminded of how heavy our cars are should get their car weighed, anything over 3000lbs is pretty porky for an autocross car. Stock for stock, thirdgens will kill these two cars in a straight line, and will be embarassed on a small tight road course.

BTW- the imports can be made to run awsome 1/4 mile times and F-bodies can be made to corner like go-carts if that is your intention, it just takes money for these things to happen.
Old 04-30-2002, 12:33 PM
Supreme Member

All three of you are very uneducated in your outlandish claims. Ever watch the IROC circuit? These cars are BASED off of road racing, NOT QUARTER MILES, there's a heavy load of modifying to be done to fit a big block into one, something unseen from chevy throughout the 50's 60's and 70's, The suspension was engineered to do what it does very well. A 4th gen cant corner for squat and this is well known. But to compair a GTA to a Neon just shows your lack of intelligence about the subject and i suggest only picking wars on things you're educated to debate and attempt to flame over.

If you're going to flame the thirdgen, get the hell off the thirdgen board.
Old 04-30-2002, 12:35 PM

thank you Steve.. that's all I've been trying to say about this.. sorry for ripping on you on the firebirds eGroup, just seemed like you were taking pokes at me for no good reason..

And could you not tell that I wasn't Raptor13x? I'm at least not as blatant as he is about F-bodies.. I've already stated that they're good for some things, not good for others. Same with the S2000 and RX-7, but you couldn't get that through your head.

And yeah Steve, we'll have to go head to head, maybe during B-section as I *THINK* I'm picking up TurboII from up in Flint tomorrow, and if so, I can have it ready to go within 2 weeks I think. So... hopefully it'll be interesting, racing the '80 and the '90 at autocrosses this term... mmmm..
Old 04-30-2002, 01:19 PM

Ok. Let me get this straight.

You have narrowed down one track that your car can win on, and left everything else to the F-body?

I'm supposed to be impressed because on that track youre going to whoop a 400 hp thirdgen?

WOW.

Its not like there are ****loads of more race tracks that arent ovals.

Any time you have to name specific criteria like this for a race, you are compensating for a lack in something. Youre adding a handicap to the F-body, giving you the comparitive advantage. That is totally gay.

You can't determine if one car is better than another by choosing a track like that.

And, as has been aforementioned, the thirdgen IROC was one of the best handling stock cars ever, as well as the WS6 thirdgens and firehawks.
Old 04-30-2002, 01:21 PM
Supreme Member

You tell 'em brother!!!
Old 04-30-2002, 01:36 PM
Supreme Member

Car: 1983 Z28
Engine: 6.6L 406
Transmission: T-56
Just out of curiosity, why are you arguing about autocrossing on the street racing board? The original post had nothing to do with autocrossing. It was on the highway.

So obviously you just wanted to start a fight. What would happen if I went over to an RX-7 board and started telling them all their cars are pieces of junk? Would the people attack me or accept it and say you know what my car is slow.

I am so sick of people that don't own a thirdgen coming on here and just causing problems. Personally I wonder what kind of a person you are to just go on a board and start argueing with people. Does it get you off?

there are some cool people on here with cars other than thirdgens and nobody here has any problem with them. Its people like you guys that have to start stuff for no apparent reason and nobody is going to sit idlely by and let you call a thirdgen a piece of crap. I am sure that your RX-7 will beat most of the F-bodies on here. But that is because you are on the street racing board. Why don't you go to the autocross board and compare timeslips there?
Old 04-30-2002, 02:08 PM

what did I start? Know what I started? I said "the S2000 isn't a drag race car, it's a sports car" and then some ******* comes around going "sports car?!? HA!!! sports cars have power!!!" like he's all high and mighty.. THAT is where the argument started. Why don't you whine about that moron for starting the argument?

Just because I don't own an f-body and instead own import cars, you assume that it was ME who started the trouble. Why don't you take your biased views to another thread like "all imports suck" or something.
Old 04-30-2002, 02:26 PM

Originally posted by Barwick
No it doesn't count towards a race.. the S2000 isn't a drag race car, nor a highway race car, and never was meant to be.

Have your overweight, large displacement cars just gone to your head? Does a car's 1/4 mile time govern your life now?

Any of you live in Michigan? I'll guarantee you, take your F-body to Waterford Hills race track, and you will get SPANKED by an S2000 on that track.

but the only thing an F-body has going for it in the handling department is the fact that it has large tires to keep it to the ground. It's way too heavy for anything besides circle track or drag racing in my opinion.

Or take me up on my offer, I'll put my '80 RX-7 up against your F-body at Waterford Hills any day of the week.
Yeah I would say you were high and mighty first there Jim. I would also believe that you were doing the **** talking.
Old 04-30-2002, 02:29 PM
Supreme Member

Boy. grow up!!! I agree if you have to run your purpose built non street driven race car, at your track that you know, against someones daily driven Camaro at a track they have never been too, then you are a loser!! That's like saying I'll take my 11 second bracket car against your MR2!! See, not too fair is it!!! And the ******* stereotype, is a little much because I see more rednecks driving rusted RX7s than 3rd gens! And they have their views on the right board MORAN because this is a 3rd gen FBODY board not RX7 or praise ricers.com, so if they feel like ripping on any car they can!!!!!!!! I fell bad for RX7speed, because you guys would probably make him mad with these stupid and downright childish remarks!
Old 04-30-2002, 02:56 PM
Supreme Member

hahahaha oh wow, can I call them or can I call them? I bet Barwick 'n' pals is 3' tall has a 2' afro, is bright pink with pink hair and tends to run around naked, which isn't a problem due to his androgynity... (Troll toy reference from the 80s if no one remembers ) I love when people come on this board calling us all rednecks because they drive slow imports and we can outhandle them for 1/8th the price they had to pay for their imports. Hilarious. I got to take a trip out to Michigan so I can laugh in this fool's face someday. It's obvious he needs to be taught some manners.
Old 04-30-2002, 02:59 PM
Supreme Member

Originally posted by 5.0mustang
Boy. grow up!!! I agree if you have to run your purpose built non street driven race car, at your track that you know, against someones daily driven Camaro at a track they have never been too, then you are a loser!! That's like saying I'll take my 11 second bracket car against your MR2!! See, not too fair is it!!! And the ******* stereotype, is a little much because I see more rednecks driving rusted RX7s than 3rd gens! And they have their views on the right board MORAN because this is a 3rd gen FBODY board not RX7 or praise ricers.com, so if they feel like ripping on any car they can!!!!!!!! I fell bad for RX7speed, because you guys would probably make him mad with these stupid and downright childish remarks!
Whats a "MORAN" ?
Old 04-30-2002, 03:00 PM

This is getting into an all out flame-war, i'm suprised it's not locked. You guys are all way to extreme in your dedications. Barwick has made several good points, and some of you have also. If i knew all this would happen i wouldn't have started the thread. I agree it's like comparing apples and oranges. I think f-bodys are all around better cars than some imports, s2000s, and all honda's for that matter. A light *** s2000 had as much stock horse power than a 1000lb heavier iroc, or trans am. Good thing we have gobs of torque. I think 3rd gen rx-7s are all around much better cars than f-bodys. Please, just respect eachoter's oppinions(nomatter how dumb they seem) and offer your own. Don't talk **** about what kind of car someone has, or what they choose to do with it. Some like do drag and street race, some like to autocross, and some like to do both. I, for one, enjoy any type of motorsport. We all like cars, can't we leave it at that and get along for once?
Old 04-30-2002, 03:03 PM
Supreme Member

The "Points" everyone has made is no longer the discussion, the question now is WHY are import people who are disrespectfull people on the THIRDGEN board, they should be locked, banned, and rapped with a cactus.
Old 04-30-2002, 03:04 PM

92Superram, I agree. The flaming done by either side is not helping either sides case. This has become very uncivilized, and rather uninteresting as no new material or even relevant material is being brought forth any longer.
Old 04-30-2002, 03:13 PM
Supreme Member

The "Firebirds" on camera!
Attached Thumbnails Had fun with a s2000-troll.jpg  
Old 04-30-2002, 04:02 PM

OK boys and girls. I've been watching this thread and maybe I should try to summarize with some facts.

First, I suppose we are comparing the S2000, the 3rd Gen and the RX-7. Let's define the parameters. First, the only fair comparison has to be stock-for-stock. So, let's make this an agreed baseline, OK.

Based on the above threads, I think we are talking about four different measurement criteria, namely, drag racing, autocross, and road racing. Unfortunately, we have to rule out road racing because there is little unbiased information regarding STOCK road racing results for these cars. This leaves us with autocross and drag racing.

Autocross
If you mosey on over to the SCCA Solo II Nationals Results Page at : http://www.scca.org/amateur/solo2/na...001/index.html

You need to have a look at the stock classes for these cars. Hmm... let's have a look:

RX-7 - SS (Super Stock - for the newer turbo ones):
Best time DNS - the only RX-7 that actually entered Did Not Start. The fact that only one of the 1,020 National competitors in Topeka showed up in a stock RX-7 speaks volumes about it. It is NOT the hot ticket.

S2000 - AS (A-Stock for 2001):
Best time of all S2000's 50.379 2nd place in class. Several dozen S2000's showed up. Given it's small dimensions, it should autocross well

3rd Gen Camaro - (F-Stock):
Best time: 50.502 1st in class over 4th gen Camaros and Mustangs. 13 year old car won. Not bad for an oversized, overweight beast.

Also note that there is really not much of a difference in STRAIGHT TIMES between the 3rd gen and the S2000. Factor in PAX and the IROC WINS.

Drag Racing
I will leave the stock 1/4 mile numbers up to someone else. However, the above flavor of responses from our non-3rd gen owners is that ww rednecks aren't playing fair when comparing straightline performance because they are driving corner-carvers. OK, then show me why the best drivers aren't carving the corners any better in these light, nimble, high hp/liter cars?

Why can't people lay off the smack and give facts?
Old 04-30-2002, 04:07 PM
Supreme Member

:hail: