Tech / General Engine Is your car making a strange sound or won't start? Thinking of adding power with a new combination? Need other technical information or engine specific advice? Don't see another board for your problem? Post it here!

Negative and Positive Backpressure EGR Valves Question within..

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-2002, 10:13 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Negative and Positive Backpressure EGR Valves Question within..

I have a question probably relates to everyone in here who has ever had to deal with the ever annoying code 32 especially when you have changed your exhaust to a better freeflowing exhaust. I was wondering is it possible to switch from a positive backpressure valve to a negative backpressure valve. I heard that negative backpressure valves were for high performance vehicles with less than normal backpressure. Would this work for our cars. Where can you purchase a negative backpressure valve and what part number would it be. Or better yet what cars did come with the negative backpressure valves? Also is there another way to get rid of this code without really disabling the EGR. I've seen in Mid America a code 32 fix solution but it's only for 85-89 cars. Mine unfortunately is a Speed Density car with MAP Sensor which i think the computer reads vacuum changes with this sensor. Give me some input. Later.

------------------------------

1991 Z28 Camaro 1LE 5.7 auto.

F-bodies Forever!!!!