Tech / General Engine Is your car making a strange sound or won't start? Thinking of adding power with a new combination? Need other technical information or engine specific advice? Don't see another board for your problem? Post it here!

3gen are nothing but a piece of **** - read here why..

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-2002, 04:30 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
3gen are nothing but a piece of **** - read here why..

before i start, let me introduce myself.

my name is Avdo, i live in Salt Lake City, and I own a 87 Trans Am 5.0.

Many of you guys will not agree with what I'm saying, but I mean it, 3RD GENS ARE NOTHING BUT A PIECE OF ****.(my 3rd gen is)

The reason I'm saying it is: since i bought this car in october 2001, i had nothing but trouble with it.

- it ran good for a week after i bought it, than the fuel pump died on me.

- when i fixed the fuel pump, it ran good for 10 days then the engine threw a rod, and i had to replace it.

- after i had the engine replaced, the performance was sooooo ****ty, and still is. so i went to the mechanic again and had some sensors replaced.

- the sensor replacement gave me some performance, but it was only temporary.

- so i went to the mechanic again, cause my 0-60 time was 12sec. and replaced 8 fuel injectors.

today the car died on me while i was backin up in reverse, and since then its running so messed up. the idle RPM is at 1500. and when i floor it while driving it, it looses performance in high RPMs.
and also, when i floor it, black smoke comes out of the exhaust, there isnt a lot of black smoke, only a bit.

could it be the alternator?
or a messed up valve?
what is it?

right now. im frustrated, im broke, and i dont know what else to do with it. I'm thinking about pushing my car down a cliff, or to set it on fire, cause I'm so sick of it, it brakes every 2 weeks. I NEED YOUR HELP GUYS.
HELP ME. I DONT KNOW WHAT TO DO. what do you guys think I should do?

any help, would help.....

thank you