Tech / General Engine Is your car making a strange sound or won't start? Thinking of adding power with a new combination? Need other technical information or engine specific advice? Don't see another board for your problem? Post it here!

Blocked Air Way...lol

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-2002 | 05:13 PM

From: Somewhere in between Lynn, MA (home) and Lakeland, FL (school)
Blocked Air Way...lol

So my car was diesling last week, happened 2x. Kinda came and went on its own, didnt' happen before, hasn't happened since...

So, the book says that this may be due to a busted THERMAC system. SO i went out to my car this morning, pulled the snorkel apart, so i could look in and see if the valve was working. To my confusion, I look in to see a circular disc that says "Windshield Washer Fluid Only"... I paused a second, and said to myself "What the f***..??!?" SO i reach in and grab it, to my surprise, apparently some f*ckstick either put the windshield well cap in there or allowed it to be sucked in by the snorkel! What a moron!

So i took the car out for a spin just to see the difference with an open airway, man, no wonder she was acting a little slugish before!!

Posted this for more of a laugh than anything else, but do you guys think this may have been causing the diesling too???

Oh yea, almost forgot... For Sale: Windshield washer fluid cap.. 10 bux. Any takers? lol....
Old 03-18-2002 | 02:09 AM
Supreme Member

Um. Yeah. That's pretty damn stupid. How is the emissions thing going? Maybe you should raise the price, those LG4 washer fluid caps are rare =p
Old 03-18-2002 | 07:37 AM

Far as emissions goes, i never got around to mounting up the air pump... For whatever reason it doesn't look like the lines match up properly to my manifolds. The passenger side is fine, but the connection closest to the drivers side is in the wrong place.

So i brought it to an inspection place that's really really easy... slipped it right though. They're may have been some half-truths involved, as the guy asked what i failed for, and i told him seat belts... (which was an issue at one point, so it wasn't total BS)...
Old 03-18-2002 | 10:15 AM
20 Year Member

So, did you get the "washer reservoir" filled?

Just when you think you've heard it all, there's a new one out there somewhere. That's another reason I HATE those plastic shopping bags blowing all over the roadways. They get lodged in radiators, intake ducts, stuck to cat converters, wrapped around driveshafts, etc. None of those are any fun.
Old 03-18-2002 | 10:59 AM
Supreme Member

I actually found a newspaper from september 11th blocking off my radiator the other day. My car runs too damn cold anyway.
Old 03-18-2002 | 10:59 AM

Thats like that guy that sucked his latex glove though his engine a while back.
Old 03-18-2002 | 12:09 PM

The really comical thing of all this is that i have a washer fluid cap on my resevoir... Meaning the f*ckstick that either put this cap there (for some idiotic reason) or allowed it to be sucked up LOST his cap and had to go buy a replacement!!!!

Luckily it didn't do any damage... Amazing how much more kick the car has to it now that the carb is actually getting air, lol.