Tech / General Engine Is your car making a strange sound or won't start? Thinking of adding power with a new combination? Need other technical information or engine specific advice? Don't see another board for your problem? Post it here!

Help, My car won't turn off

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-2002, 07:54 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Help, My car won't turn off

I had a problem with my car starting for awhile now so I finally took it to a shop yesterday. Turns out to be a inline fuse for the fuel pump relay. They charged me $100 to fix that. Well The shop was closing when I picked my car back up but when I got home I noticed my alarm wasn't working right. I have a crimestopper 2 way fm/pager alarm. It was doing everything it should except the sirens weren't working. I look at the wires and He had the power wire from the alarm modular that should go to the power wire for the sirens attached to the ground wires of the sirens. So i think simple fix, and attach the pos to the pos and the sirens were going off very very quietly constantly for no reason. Then i go to turn the car off and it don't go off. Everything shut down like the radio and stuff like that, but the car just keeps on running with the key off and out. what could be wrong? what can I do about this? I think they fried my alarm modual because i do have an extra one and that one worked in it, but the car still won't shut off. I'm gonna call them later cause they're not open yet, but do any of you have any ideas? I would like to know if they did something to it so they don't try to bull**** me by saying something like they had nothing to do with it. Please help. Thank you.

Shawn
Old 03-07-2002, 12:38 PM
SSC
Supreme Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Car: No more birdy
I had a very similar problem but with the electric fan in my car.
You have somthing (could be the alarm) drawing current from an ignition wire allowing the car to run for a few seconds after you turn the car off. Disconnect the alarm wires and see if that fixes the problem, then reconnect them to a different power source. I had the fan relay plugged into the fuse box at an acc plug when it was running on.
SSC