Tech / General Engine Is your car making a strange sound or won't start? Thinking of adding power with a new combination? Need other technical information or engine specific advice? Don't see another board for your problem? Post it here!

cross country f-body tour

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-2002, 10:33 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Car: 98 Z28
Engine: 346 LS1
Transmission: 6 spd.
Axle/Gears: Ford 9" 4.11
cross country f-body tour

Sorry if this doesn't belong in this forum, but I was interested in organizing a cross country f-body tour for this summer. It would start on the east coast sometime after GM nationals and head across country. I don't have any of the details worked out yet, I'm just trying to get an idea whether anyone would be interested or not. It sounds like it would be a lot of fun. Let me know your thoughts.
Old 01-10-2002, 11:33 PM
Supreme Member

it sounds liek a really cool idea. since i did the east coast nats last summer i realized one thing, it is better to start plannign the year before you wanna do it the first time. that is to say, start working on it now and aim for the '03 summer. you will have all your pieces in place much easier. at this point in the year most vendors and potential sponsors have already wrapped up their budgets in othe revents.
if you get it going let me know. sounds liek a sweet plan

later
tim
Old 01-10-2002, 11:39 PM

Not saying it wouldnt be cool or anything, cause it would. but im sure alot of our cars wouldnt make it cross country without breaking down. including mine, my iroc couldnt even make it out of state last summer. it seems my car runs real good at times, even right now. but it has left me stranded more than once, so i cant trust it. even the people with clean, low mileage 3rd gens probably wouldnt want to put on all those miles. i think if our cars were as new as 4th gens more people would be interested.
Old 01-11-2002, 10:02 AM

Re: cross country f-body tour

Originally posted by smnitWS6TA
Sorry if this doesn't belong in this forum, but I was interested in organizing a cross country f-body tour for this summer. It would start on the east coast sometime after GM nationals and head across country. I don't have any of the details worked out yet, I'm just trying to get an idea whether anyone would be interested or not. It sounds like it would be a lot of fun. Let me know your thoughts.

This is a cool idea, but i wonder how many people could honestly take enough time off to do that... I think most folks either have school to attend, or jobs! =)
Old 01-11-2002, 10:21 AM

I'm definately interested, but do you have a rough idea of how long it would last for? People like me would have to get time off from their jobs.
Old 01-11-2002, 12:56 PM
Supreme Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Car: 1986 Firebird
Engine: 2.8 V6
Transmission: 700R4
Originally posted by david foraker
im sure alot of our cars wouldnt make it cross country without breaking down.
My car's up for it! I'd never take all that time off work, though... it would've been cool to do a few years ago, but not now... darn. I'm even mad that the Power Tour doesn't come near Jersey.. yeah, I could drive to the middle of the U.S. for a day's worth, but why bother?
Old 01-22-2002, 04:34 AM

Car: 98 Z28
Engine: 346 LS1
Transmission: 6 spd.
Axle/Gears: Ford 9" 4.11
sorry, I forgot that I posted about this. I was thinking of taking about a week or so to go across the country. I would have to get together with all those interested to pic the final destination, I was thinking somewhere in CA. I'm not sure exactly what to do after the trip across tho, cause I would love to spend some time in CA and stop in Vegas on my way back but I'm sure not everyone can get that much time off. As far as it goes just the across country trip would be cool, if everyone wanted to do there own thing after we made and come back whenever that would be cool too. I was gonna do some research and see if there are any car shows in CA or some place near this summer and kind of make that a destination point. I'm not for sure yet, just throwing out ideas. I wasn't planning on limiting this to only thirdgens. I know some friends with fourth gens that would probably love to go too, so like any year fbody would be cool. It's not like there's gonna be any set rules or anything. I'd like to try it this summer to see how it goes, even if it's just me and a coupla other people. If things turn out alright, we could probably organize a lot nicer trip for the summer of 03' Anyway, I'm interested in hearing any suggestions also. Thanx.