Tech / General Engine Is your car making a strange sound or won't start? Thinking of adding power with a new combination? Need other technical information or engine specific advice? Don't see another board for your problem? Post it here!

need diagram 85 camaro ecm pins

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2016, 08:24 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
need diagram 85 camaro ecm pins

trying to get a wiring diagram of my ecm pinouts so I can test my wiring to my number one injector has no pulse all others firing, only have a meter to test,
, new injector,wires,plugs ,module,cap,rotor,coil, all msd prefitt, 305 tpi 1985 Camaro z28 auto with a/c
Old 02-21-2016, 09:01 AM

Received 227 Likes on 212 Posts
Car: check
Engine: check
Transmission: check
Re: need diagram 85 camaro ecm pins

Here it is. Note that ECM has two injectors drivers. One each for four injectors.

RBob.
Attached Thumbnails need diagram 85 camaro ecm pins-1g10.gif  
Old 02-21-2016, 09:44 AM
Supreme Member
TGO - 10 Year Member

Received 1,863 Likes on 1,419 Posts
Car: Yes
Engine: Usually
Transmission: Sometimes
Axle/Gears: Behind me somewhere

To RBob's point, in case the implications aren't clear: the injectors are "batch fire" on each side of the engine, meaning, 1 wire coming out of the ECM fires 4 injectors.

That means that it is PHYSICALLY IMPOSSIBLE for a problem at the ECM to be causing what you are saying is happening.

First thing you need to get is get or make a "noid light" to verify, AT THE INJECTOR CONNECTOR, whether it is getting pulses. "only have a meter to test" might be a reason for being unable to determine accurately, but isn't an excuse. (reason and excuse being 2 VERY DIFFERENT THINGS; reason = why something happens, while excuse = why that thing happening is OK)

I'd almost be willing to bet money that it is, if the other 3 on that side are working properly; and that whatever your problem is, it isn't the wiring. (which VERY RARELY fails, unless tinkered with) The one connector might be bad however, in which case you can just gank one off a junkyard car and spice it on with solder and heat shrink tubing; but not likely the wiring, and CERTAINLY not the wiring at the ECM. You're barking up the wrong tree.
Old 02-21-2016, 04:07 PM

Originally Posted by sofakingdom
To RBob's point, in case the implications aren't clear: the injectors are "batch fire" on each side of the engine, meaning, 1 wire coming out of the ECM fires 4 injectors.

That means that it is PHYSICALLY IMPOSSIBLE for a problem at the ECM to be causing what you are saying is happening.

First thing you need to get is get or make a "noid light" to verify, AT THE INJECTOR CONNECTOR, whether it is getting pulses. "only have a meter to test" might be a reason for being unable to determine accurately, but isn't an excuse. (reason and excuse being 2 VERY DIFFERENT THINGS; reason = why something happens, while excuse = why that thing happening is OK)

I'd almost be willing to bet money that it is, if the other 3 on that side are working properly; and that whatever your problem is, it isn't the wiring. (which VERY RARELY fails, unless tinkered with) The one connector might be bad however, in which case you can just gank one off a junkyard car and spice it on with solder and heat shrink tubing; but not likely the wiring, and CERTAINLY not the wiring at the ECM. You're barking up the wrong tree.
ok at this point this has been what I have done I have verifiyed spark,compression,and fuel pressure,changed the injector with 2 separate new ones and still have the miss, it is the number one cylinder,new wires,cap,rotor,plugs,coil,all msd,new coolant fan switch,them and gasket, im at a loss the car runs on 7 of the 8 number one not pulsing, have no noid lights and my friend that has them is out of town going nuts here
Old 02-21-2016, 07:33 PM
Supreme Member
TGO - 10 Year Member

Get a noid light. Don't post a bunch of "I can't" and expect the rest of us to bail you out when we can't possibly see into the innards of your car for you from out here.

Eff your friend and his $2 light. Go get (or make) your own.

Yes I have adult children. Yes I have to talk to them the exact same way. Yes they hate it. Yes they give me a bunch of "you're not sympathetic" and "you're a hard-a$$" and stuff like that. Yes I couldn't care less. Yes you have to do it or you will spend the rest of your life in whine land. The more you "go nuts" the less you ACCOMPLISH. YOU DECIDE: what's more important to you? Whine, or accomplish?
Old 02-22-2016, 08:47 AM

Originally Posted by sofakingdom
Get a noid light. Don't post a bunch of "I can't" and expect the rest of us to bail you out when we can't possibly see into the innards of your car for you from out here.

Eff your friend and his $2 light. Go get (or make) your own.

Yes I have adult children. Yes I have to talk to them the exact same way. Yes they hate it. Yes they give me a bunch of "you're not sympathetic" and "you're a hard-a$$" and stuff like that. Yes I couldn't care less. Yes you have to do it or you will spend the rest of your life in whine land. The more you "go nuts" the less you ACCOMPLISH. YOU DECIDE: what's more important to you? Whine, or accomplish?
ok ok, thanks for the imput,and you cander,im a body man not an electrition on cars,just wanted some good advice and some help in the proper direction to fix my pos, im 55 and not stupid either, im outta here but thanks anyway
Old 02-22-2016, 05:05 PM
Supreme Member
TGO - 10 Year Member

http://www.digikey.com/product-searc...=0&pageSize=25

Here's a few hundred that will work.

Yeah I don't beat around the bush too much... the thing I would have to say that aggravates me the worst (besides Mustangs whose drivers think they're fast) is when somebody makes excuses for something for why they're lazy about doing something that just isn't that hard to begin with.

I'm a bit older than you, so when you grow up, maybe you'll have been granted to enjoy learning as much stuff as I have, all of it the hard way.

What you've got there is just a car. There's like a billion of em in the world, every single one the brainchild of humans and the product of the workmanship of ... assembly line workers. If THEY can figure this stuff out and make it work millions of times a year, then YOU can too. It's just not that hard. No sense in giving up before you even get started.

Order yourself a light that will blink when the ECM hits it. That's all a "noid light" is. Pick one of the ones on that page and order it, stick the wires in the connector for the injector that you think isn't working, start the car, see if it blinks.

If I was the betting kind (I'm not... in part of my spare time I'm a university statistics instructor sometimes) I would bet that you'll see the light blink; meaning, the problem isn't a lack of drive to the injector. But, ya gotta go through the exercise yerself and see where it leads; it MIGHT not after all, and there MIGHT NOT be any electricity at the injector. Only one way to find out.