Tech / General Engine Is your car making a strange sound or won't start? Thinking of adding power with a new combination? Need other technical information or engine specific advice? Don't see another board for your problem? Post it here!

Questions about problems

Search this Thread

Old 11-07-2012 | 10:00 AM

Questions about problems

Hello everyone I'm new to the community, I have recently came from a 2005 Nissan Maxima S.E to a 1991 Pontiac Firebird (Manual 5.0 V8). I am purchasing it from someone for 1800, it just hit 100,00 miles but does have some minor problems I would like to ask questions about.

Starting the car is a problem, you have to keep turning the key until it finally cranks but it will crank right up.

Headlight motor and window motors, as well as rewiring the locks and adding a new stereo to replace the factory inside. Anyone have any suggestions on where to start? I would like to learn how to do all of the work on the car myself because it is a old school car and I think finding guides or tutorials should be fun and easy. Does anyone have anything else that I should be concerned about that they would like to share? This is my first car that I own and have paid off so I'm excited and would love support. Thank you

Oh yeah had a question on looking for a molding that goes on the drivers door it has been knocked off due to someone hitting it but it didn't leave any dents it just knocked the guard slit off the door.