Tech / General Engine Is your car making a strange sound or won't start? Thinking of adding power with a new combination? Need other technical information or engine specific advice? Don't see another board for your problem? Post it here!

91 Camaro Problems

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-2012 | 10:30 PM

Car: 91 Camaro
Engine: 305 V8
91 Camaro Problems

Im sorry if i wasn't post to post this here fairly brand new hoping to get some answers Thanks.

when i start my car the check engine light is not on after few seconds it turn on and right as the check engine light pops on it idel on Lower RPM'S example no check engine like idel RPM'S AT 10 then check engine light turns on it idels at 5 RPM'S

Another problem my Brake when i go to slow down my brake like locks up so i have to let off the brake press on it again for it slow down and press all the way down

another issue is my Transmission i was on trip back from oklahoma on my way to phoenix and i noticed that my transmission kinda slipped / hasattaed to go up the hill please not it has only did this on hills and when i move my shifter from part to drive the car drops when i put it in reverse it rises.Whats the issue here what do i need.

i have a manuel fan switch to my raidiator that i hate so much and my switch has blow out anyone can help me with rewiring it or anyway to have the fan turn on when i start the car.and to get the fan to work i have to connect it straight to the battery .

i have some kinda electrical issue im guess because my car has lost power at only when i stop when im slowing down the dash light flicker of some sort and the battery is brand new when i brought it from walmart i took it back i told guy my car was not starting he said battery is fine however that it was showing high volts or something like that idk can someone please help or am i better off just putting a diffreent engine in my car n diff trans ?

Thanks for your time

oh and i forgot to add that my gauge in my car don't work properly only one that do that i believe is my Speed and my RPM'S but even then i am not sure when i go to slow down too my gauges like oil battery and ect all tend to go up and down just a little bit tho not like super crazy like i have filled up my car with gas top off and my gauge would probably not show that i have a full tank of gas thanks again for your time.
Attached Thumbnails 91 Camaro Problems-mumba.jpg   91 Camaro Problems-mumba2.jpg   91 Camaro Problems-mumba3.jpg  
Old 07-23-2012 | 11:29 PM

Car: 91 rs,1 92 rs,92 b4c/1le
Engine: 5.0tbi,5.7 tune port/5.0tpi
Transmission: 5spdx2 and t56
Axle/Gears: 3.08,3.73,3.42
Re: 91 Camaro Problems

the tranny rising issue is most likely the transmission mount has gone bad,the brake problem could be either a rear axle seal leaking cuasing rear brake to be covered in oil or maybe brakes are worn to metal backing plates.either way i would pull off the wheels and check the brakes