Tech / General Engine Is your car making a strange sound or won't start? Thinking of adding power with a new combination? Need other technical information or engine specific advice? Don't see another board for your problem? Post it here!

92 Camaro no fuel at injectors

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-2012, 11:09 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
92 Camaro no fuel at injectors

Hi all im dying here but here is the prob.
92 Camaro, 5.0 TBI, Auto

Here is the scenerio, the car ran great but it sat for about a month and now will not run. Starter turns over but no fuel. Ruled out injector fuses (all fuses for the matter), brand new fuel pump, new inline filter. Fuel is at the TBI. Car battery did die, after charging it I couldnt get it to fire. Installed brand new battery then tried again and still the same problem. After dropping tank and changing out pump, filter, and even rebuilt the pressure regulator at the TBI I am now leaning into the VATS. I had a 96 camaro with a VAT problem and it was horrible to deal with so this problem would be fun if it is what it is. Now some people would say if the VATS was wrong it wouldnt crank but according to http://pcmforless.com/index.php?opti...=109&Itemid=29
"Be aware there are two VATS systems in most GM cars; a starter interrupt and PCM/Injector security. We can only disable what is inside the PCM."
So with the car running great to this I have a hard time beliving its anything mechanical and lean to VATS. One problem I notice is the the key will make the beeping sound that the key is on kind of loosley meaning the beeping would trigger on and off like the keey wasnt making a great connection in ignition. Car has 88k miles and is orginal owner. Im thinking of blowing this car up. If you made it this far reading all this I thank you just for that.
John