Tech / General Engine Is your car making a strange sound or won't start? Thinking of adding power with a new combination? Need other technical information or engine specific advice? Don't see another board for your problem? Post it here!

So, what did I do?

Search this Thread

Old 08-06-2011 | 07:04 AM

Car: 1984 Camaro Z28 Clone
Engine: Bored .030, vortec sbc350
Transmission: Built T5 WC
Axle/Gears: 1999 Torsen 4:10 Locker
So, what did I do?

I got into my dash yesterday trying to wire in the lights for my gauge pod, after 4 hours of unsuccessful attempts to find the dash light circuit without taking the whole dash out, I decided I would just run my own fuse box and circuit for my accessories...

Well, jumped in the car and all my gauges aren't working except my speedo(obviously because it's cable driven)

So what did I knock loose or did I just blow a fuse?
Old 08-06-2011 | 07:24 AM

Re: So, what did I do?

I had a similar problem, and it turned out the connector at the back of the instruments panel had slipped off. Be careful because my mechanic had a hard time plugging the speedometer or the tachometer (I'm not sure which one) back in. Basically when putting the panel back in it has to find the end of the cable, which is not simple.
Old 08-06-2011 | 12:02 PM

Car: 1984 Camaro Z28 Clone
Engine: Bored .030, vortec sbc350
Transmission: Built T5 WC
Axle/Gears: 1999 Torsen 4:10 Locker
Re: So, what did I do?

Thanks for that. I'll check that out. I guess it's possible I blew and fuse right? I'll be checking that too.