Tech / General Engine Is your car making a strange sound or won't start? Thinking of adding power with a new combination? Need other technical information or engine specific advice? Don't see another board for your problem? Post it here!

wiper issues!!!

Search this Thread

Old 06-01-2011, 08:07 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Car: 1992 Camaro RS
Engine: 305 TBI
Transmission: 700R4
Axle/Gears: Stock Open Rearend
wiper issues!!!

Hey everyone well I recently replaced the wiper motor and wiper switch on my car which is a 92 camaro rs. after I did that and put everything back together well some back together. I didn't put the steering column back together in case of any issues which I'm glad I didn't because I have a couple of issues lol.

Well to the issues the wipers only cycle while in the high position. I checked power in all positions and while in any position in delay I get power the gray only. while in low I get power to gray, green and pink. and in high I get power to the yellow wire to the "wiper motor cover" and power to the motor. I also have an issue the wipers only move about an inch or 2 up the windshield and stop and go back down etc. I looked at where the motor and the wiper arm bolt together and the wiper arm doesn't go around with the motor it's like it's hitting something but it's not I noticed a tab on the wiper motor and was wondering if that was supposed to make contact with the wiper arm or not?

Please help me I started the project a month ago for wipers not working at all now they "work" but to an extent.
Old 08-05-2011, 07:53 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Car: 91 Camaro RS - 87 Buick GN
Engine: LS6 - Turbo Buick
Transmission: 4l60E - 200R4
Re: wiper issues!!!

Just bought a 91 and this is the same problem my car is having. The motor only tries to work on high and then the wipers only move about 2 inches. It also makes a clicking noise. I replaced it with another motor assembly from a junkyard, but same result. Did you ever have any luck fixing it?