Tech / General Engine Is your car making a strange sound or won't start? Thinking of adding power with a new combination? Need other technical information or engine specific advice? Don't see another board for your problem? Post it here!

Possible TPS issue in warmer weather?

Search this Thread

Old 06-04-2010 | 11:45 PM
Banned

Possible TPS issue in warmer weather?

I love my car, let me get that out here real quick. I also don't drive it much except on the weekends. During the week it mostly just sits besides when I clean it & stuff. But I've had the car for awhile now and it SEEMS like hotter weather isn't very friendly on my car. I started the car today and let it warm up for 3 minutes. I then put the car in Drive and the power went dead. It would cut on but then the power would go out. It's done this before but only here and there.

So I ended up restarting the car about 7-8 times before I was able to get it to come back online and stay online. The problem isn't with turning her over because that's never been an issue. It's just the car wouldn't stay on but there was power for the CD player, etc.

The fuel pump is good because I can hear it when I turn the car on. The fuel pump, fuel strainer & fuel filter are all less than 2 years old. Then I always keep more than half a tank of gas in the car. So I'm thinking this is an electrical issue? Maybe a TPS problem? One guy told me that the throttle position sensors go bad in warmer weather and it's more common in older cars like mine.

What do you guys think? My starter is good, battery is good & alternator is good. My MAF was hooked up too. Checked my fuses not too long ago and replaced some and that's all good too.