Tech / General Engine Is your car making a strange sound or won't start? Thinking of adding power with a new combination? Need other technical information or engine specific advice? Don't see another board for your problem? Post it here!

Vacumn tee's in thermostat housing

Search this Thread

Old 09-14-2009, 10:31 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vacumn tee's in thermostat housing

Folks we are new to this site. My son just picked up a 1985 Z28. It has the 305 carb engine and 5 speed, 119,000 kilometers. There are a few vacuum lines off and sitting on the engine doing nothing. I followed the diagram on the hood and it seems that there are some tee connections, 2 in the thermostat housing and 1 just in front of the thermostat housing that are missing. 1 is there in the housing and has a 2 vacuum connector to it, the second one has an aftermarket temperature gauge in it and the hoses are just laying there not connected and the 3rd one in the intake just in front of the housing looks as if the vacuum tee is missing and just a pin is sticking up. Can you help identify these threaded in connectors(that I assume work of temperature) as the heat riser valve is disconnected, as well as the vacuum advance for the HEI. One of the vacuum hoses has a blue valve in it that looks like some kind of filter and 2 short small vacuum lines come out of the filter. Were do you buy these aftermarket or dealer items?