Tech / General Engine Is your car making a strange sound or won't start? Thinking of adding power with a new combination? Need other technical information or engine specific advice? Don't see another board for your problem? Post it here!

Stalling Problem Solved

Search this Thread

Old 08-07-2009, 06:31 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Stalling Problem Solved

First I want To Thank Everyone who replied to me. My 1991 3.1 v6 with 5 speed man. trans. problem was stalling under throttling. When The injectors start falling below 11 ohms when testing across the two terminals for the injector itself when cold, I found ( with help from a guy who told me about this) that it creates a situation thats gives the ecm cause to stutter the signal to them and can make the car run rough hard to start stall once they were a little hot sometimes not start at all even cold. Just ONE BAD ONE can do all this. The MAXIMUM EXPECTED MILAGE out of them is 150000 some people change them every 50000 just to keep the headache from towing and Killing the ECM. I'm guessing that it will lead to killing the ECM not so much the chip mine still good. I replaced my ECM just because I read that when you turn the key on and the cooling fan kicks on when the car is stone cold (mine did )that it is bad because it is a fail safe in its desin to keep the car from overheating and doing more damage WHEN The ECM goes bad. Here I guess another quick check you can do to see if your ECM is working to do just that I just happened to to turn the key on with out the chip in and the fan came on with the new ECM I Put in. I got this car from a junk yard went threw vats ( had no key) and all the rest of the other comp. checks fuel pump supply bad fuel issues modules all that crap but I replaced only one inj. that had no reading it worked for a while but another one fell nto 7.5 and one 10.9 Do them all so you dont have that to worry any more esp. if you have the milage on them. Also bad or contaminated gas can lead to the inj. going bad sooner so keep the fuel filter changed and do a couple of them back to back soon if its been sitting around like this one was. Thanks once again for the help esp. on the VATS I've worked on cars since the early 70's and that is one nice pain in the well if you read this far all I can say is good luck with yours and give me a yell and I'll do my best to help, George.