Tech / General Engine Is your car making a strange sound or won't start? Thinking of adding power with a new combination? Need other technical information or engine specific advice? Don't see another board for your problem? Post it here!

Spark Plugs and Wires (Installation ?'s Also)

Search this Thread

Old 10-25-2008 | 06:09 PM

Spark Plugs and Wires (Installation ?'s Also)

I have a 87 Iroc Tuned Port Injection 350.. I have read that many people have gone with AC Delco R45TS for Spark Plugs but was wondering what was a good brand and model for the wires? Also I have pretty much no experience with cars... Just wondering how hard of a job it would be to replace the spark plugs and wires... I was also thinking of doing the cap but not sure what is needed to do all this.. do you have to unbolt things or can the plugs and wires be replaced without taking things out?

Also I am ordering/have orders some parts for the car. I am getting Headers, Intake Manifold Baseplate, and Hi Flo runners. Just wondering if I should wait until I put the above mods on to do the spark plugs and wires or if I could just do them now before the other items are installed. Just curious if the other items involve removing the spark plugs and wires anyway in which case i would just wait.
Old 10-25-2008 | 09:18 PM

Car: 1984 camaro z28
Engine: L69 H.O
Transmission: 700r4
Axle/Gears: 3.73
Re: Spark Plugs and Wires (Installation ?'s Also)

i have accel plug wires on mine the seem pretty good plus they come in different colors the only problem i can see with getting the ac plugs now would be if your headers hit the spark plugs in which case you would have to run shorty plugs