Tech / General Engine Is your car making a strange sound or won't start? Thinking of adding power with a new combination? Need other technical information or engine specific advice? Don't see another board for your problem? Post it here!

Injector / No Start or Run help!!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2008, 03:45 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Car: 1999 subaru forester GT (urgh)
Engine: ej20 turbo
Transmission: 5speed
Axle/Gears: 4.11:1 awd
Injector / No Start or Run help!!!

I have just put the finishing touches on my HSR intake conversion. After trying to fire it up, it wont. Just cranks. Have correct timing and have spark.

Unfortunently the injectors are not getting power as i tested an injector plug with a multimeter.

Assuming the wiring is correct, and my custom prom is ok, what else would be causing the ECM to not fire the injectors???

Oh yeah, i'm running an LT1 58mm TB w/adaptor harness and i'm using tuner pro.. should i fiddle with the tps voltage or anything?

Thanks in advance!

Last edited by AUSSIROC; 05-07-2008 at 04:06 AM.
Old 05-07-2008, 03:00 AM

Re: Injector / No Start or Run help!!!

I know its a potentially PITA question, but i'm hoping its something simple i've overlooked.
Any ideas??
Old 05-07-2008, 02:57 PM
Supreme Member

Car: 75 Beast
Engine: 383 +EBL Flash
Transmission: 700R4
Axle/Gears: 4.11 with 33"

Originally Posted by AUSSIROC
I know its a potentially PITA question, but i'm hoping its something simple i've overlooked.
Any ideas??
Injectors in TPI system fire in batch mode - four injectors fired at once. If you look at injector harness (disconnected from injectors ) one side should be constant +12 volts (key ignition in run position) and the other side should be nearly 0 volts. Now, before you start pulling injector connectors off injectors you can still verify that you are getting +12 volts to both sides of injector with engine stopped. Check FI fuse - if it is open you will not get injector power. If you are getting +12volts get a test light and back-probe injector connector while helper is cranking engine over. On one side of the connector test light should remain solidly ON, while on the other it should blink off periodically as ECM pulls current through injector coils to ground. //RF
Old 05-08-2008, 04:38 AM

Originally Posted by RFmaster
Injectors in TPI system fire in batch mode - four injectors fired at once. If you look at injector harness (disconnected from injectors ) one side should be constant +12 volts (key ignition in run position) and the other side should be nearly 0 volts. Now, before you start pulling injector connectors off injectors you can still verify that you are getting +12 volts to both sides of injector with engine stopped. Check FI fuse - if it is open you will not get injector power. If you are getting +12volts get a test light and back-probe injector connector while helper is cranking engine over. On one side of the connector test light should remain solidly ON, while on the other it should blink off periodically as ECM pulls current through injector coils to ground. //RF
Thanks RF.
That info should help me understand and fix the prob. Thanks for taking the time to fill me in about the injectors, appreciate it!
Cheers!
Old 05-10-2008, 04:38 AM

RF, I have sent PM.

Thanks!

Last edited by AUSSIROC; 05-10-2008 at 04:44 AM.