Tech / General Engine Is your car making a strange sound or won't start? Thinking of adding power with a new combination? Need other technical information or engine specific advice? Don't see another board for your problem? Post it here!

Speed limiter bypass problem.

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-2008 | 03:58 PM

Car: 91 camaro RS, 87 T/A
Engine: 350 TBI, 305 TPI
Transmission: 700r4
Axle/Gears: 4th Gen 3.42/BW 3.45
Speed limiter bypass problem.

So the final little goodie i thought i would treat my car to was the speed limiter override. I used the article posted and followed every step exactly. Even though i did what the article says i ran into a big problem. I have everything wired up, i used 18 gauge wire and cut the brown wire A10. However when i flip my switch to the off position i get no SES light. So i figure the car needs to drive a bit before the thing comes on, i drive down the street with the switch of and still nothing, this leaves me to think my switch is bad so i dosconnect the switch and move the wires aside so they are not touching, the same as if the switch were in the off position, i drive down the street and again no SES light, i than decide to touch the wires together to put the circut back to its completion for the quick drive back up the street, the minute i do this a light comes on, the SES light but also the shift! light and my car completly shuts down, now i know this is not normal and is not supposed to happen. What did i do wrong? Right now the wire ends that head to the switch are connected together and tucked away with no problem but i have no idea what i did wrong.