Tech / General Engine Is your car making a strange sound or won't start? Thinking of adding power with a new combination? Need other technical information or engine specific advice? Don't see another board for your problem? Post it here!

No Shift at WOT - non thirdgen

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-2008 | 06:30 PM

Car: 85 Z
Engine: Edelbrock Injected 350
Transmission: T-5
Axle/Gears: 3:42 LS1 Posi
No Shift at WOT - non thirdgen

Hey guys, I've got a couple of questions about my pickup. I've tried posting on fullsizechevy.com but haven't had much luck so I thought I'd ask in here. First off, I just put a vortech supercharger on my 97 chevy 1/2 ton, 305, with a 4l60e automatic and I can't get it to shift at WOT. I have a Wait4Me tune raising the shift RPM and firmness. When I put the factory ecm in everything works fine but with the new ecm it won't pull past 4900 RPM (close the the factory shiftpoint). I didn't have these problems with the tune before the supercharger so I'm wondering where to go from here. I talked to Jesse from Wait4Me and he thought the ignition system was at fault, not enough dwell at high RPM for the boost. This brings me to my next question. I put in a digital Mallory ignition system with boost reference and new Mallory coil, cap, and rotor. It fires up fine but I'm getting a horrible audible whine from the ignition system, when the radio is off. It's so loud it drounds out the supercharger whine. I've got new spiral core wires and good grounds. Any ideas on either of these problems would be great.