Tech / General Engine Is your car making a strange sound or won't start? Thinking of adding power with a new combination? Need other technical information or engine specific advice? Don't see another board for your problem? Post it here!

Fuel Tank/Pulsator/O-rings/Pump

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2007, 10:34 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Car: 89RS,89TBI FB, 91Z28, 89TPI FORMULA
Engine: 357 SBC TPI
Transmission: World Class T-5 (for now)
Axle/Gears: Strange 12-bolt 3.73
Fuel Tank/Pulsator/O-rings/Pump

Fuel Tank- I found an easier way (for me) to get my tank out, although I think someone mentioned something like this before. My filler neck kept getting caught on the top of the opening in the body. Mine was kind of rusty so (after 2 1/2 hours of trying not to mangle anything) I took the trusty ol vice grips and that stupid tank was sitting on my floor. Hooray!

Pulsator- I've read that I should just delete this piece. I am thinking that is a good idea since I bet that is the reason for my pressure loss. My question is how noisy IS it w/o it? My car is pretty loud already so what would I be in for if I rubber hosed it instead?

O-Rings- I've read on here that I should have o-rings at the fuel filter. Is this right? There were none on mine and I had no leaks. None were provided with the new one I bought either. What's the right answer here?

Fuel Pump- I got an Edelbrock 67gph badboy a couple years ago and paid somebody to put it in. When I got the assembly apart tonight, I saw that my pump is a Walbro. Does Walbro make them for Edelbrock or was I shafted?

Misc- does anybody know where I could look (Advance/AutoZone/GMPD doesn't have them) for a fuel supply line (the one that is part rubber, part hard line coming off the tank) and a clip that holds the hard lines to the frame?

Thanks to all who respond..
Eric
Old 02-22-2007, 08:44 AM
Supreme Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Car: 1995 Corvette
Engine: LT1
Transmission: 6 spd Manual
Axle/Gears: Dana 44, 3:45:1
I think Walbro might make the Edelbrock pumps... But if not, I'd say you still got out okay, Walbro is one of the standards for high-output pumps...