Tech / General Engine Is your car making a strange sound or won't start? Thinking of adding power with a new combination? Need other technical information or engine specific advice? Don't see another board for your problem? Post it here!

What to buy

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-2007 | 07:03 PM

What to buy

I just got my 87 lt running pretty good and I am ready to start making some upgrades, I am on a limited budget the car has (according to the previous owner) a replacement 350 in it has center bolt valve covers so its a newer 350, I had to ditch the cc'd carb and dist, put a holly and an hei on it and like I said got it running good. I am in the process of working a deal with another member for a performer rpm intake as I still have the factory intake with a spacer on it and I am trying to work on some headers for it. Would like to get a flowmaster for it and im thinking as far as engine that will be it. I have found a lead on some new struts for the front end and figured a little suspension work wouldnt be a bad idea, I guess my question to you guys is would you go for more under the hood such as cam, gear drive new rockers things like that or would you go more for putting some work into the suspension im not at all worried about cosmetics on the car at this time would rather get the drive train straight first just wondering how some of you go at it when re doing a car, i.e start with the engine get everything done under the hood first then move on or do a little to more than one apect of the car in hopes of improving a broader range of things at once?
Old 02-03-2007 | 07:17 PM
Supreme Member
15 Year Member

Car: Yes
Engine: Usually
Transmission: Sometimes
Axle/Gears: Behind me somewhere
Not a gear drive, that's for sure.

Depending on what heads it has, that might be the next engine-related thing.

Otherwise, headers, gears and a converter.