Tech / General Engine Is your car making a strange sound or won't start? Thinking of adding power with a new combination? Need other technical information or engine specific advice? Don't see another board for your problem? Post it here!

off topic, but still gm

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-2006, 10:40 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Car: 88 Firebird, 86 T/A
Engine: 3.1/305 short block
Transmission: 700r4 w/ transgo, vette servo/700r4
off topic, but still gm

i've got an off topic issue here. reading thru some of the posts on thirdgen makes me think there's some pretty sharp pencils in this particular box...

93 olds cutlass supreme 3.4 dohc vin x

starts cold ok, but no throttle response (falls on its nose)

once it's been started once, the pedal has to be to the floor (or very close) to start it--still stalls on throttle application

once warm, throttle response is normal, but if it is shut off, won't restart unless floored...

if map is unhooked--seems to run fine...

no codes, darn near every sensor in it has been changed before reaching me (including the map and the computer-my dad's a big parts changer... ) fuel pressure ok, rebuilt engine, no apparent vacuum leaks.... new plugs, wires, etc. checked the injectors for leaks, resistance, and flow (plugged or not) won't have access to a scan tool for a couple of days at least...

kinda hoping that w/ the ecm knowledge most of you seem to have, you might have a better understanding of what's happening than i....

thanks in advance, and if this ends up being deleted b/c of it's off topic content, sorry. i have seen a few o/t questions on the board and thought this would be the place to get an answer...