Tech / General Engine Is your car making a strange sound or won't start? Thinking of adding power with a new combination? Need other technical information or engine specific advice? Don't see another board for your problem? Post it here!

My BirdOf Preay HasThe Shakes......!

Search this Thread

Old 10-12-2001 | 05:24 PM

My BirdOf Preay HasThe Shakes......!

So put yer hand on the moter blip the throtel and smooth as silk , no stutter runs so smooth . But sit yer ace in the seat and do the same and it shudders ????? Drive the freekin thing and under load ya get a tiny bit of the same.Now my thoughts are tork con or fly wheel so,,, whats the fix? And what parts ,stock er after mrket..? The damm thing sat in the bird house too long ,has not moved in 3yrs
Old 10-12-2001 | 06:02 PM
Supreme Member

Car: 99 Formula
Engine: LS1
Transmission: T56
Axle/Gears: 342
Did you put in fresh gas?

------------------
"Rice burners are like tampons...Every pu$$y has to have one"
'86 IROC
T-TOPS, TINTED WINDOWS, BRAKE LIGHT BLACKOUTS
GM GOODWRENCH 350
EDELBROCK TES HEADERS
3" Hooker CatBack w/Aero Chamber muffler
EDELBROCK 600CFM CARB.
KN AIRFILTER
ACCEL HEI DISTRIBUTOR
160* Stat, just switched to 180* b/c of winter coming and going to college in the mts.
3:73 Posi
Rebuilt 700R4
B&M Megashifter, 5" Autometer Tach w/shift lite
Old 10-12-2001 | 08:12 PM

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Mark A Shields:
Did you put in fresh gas?

</font>
Hey MARK wada ya take me 4 some kinda moron!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!READ MY POAST AGAIN!!!!!!!! sometimes pepole like you make me wonder? .I said the moter runs smooth. Aw never mind maby ther is some one out ther with a bit more sense than this lad .And willing to give me a bit more credit than Mark did ,that shouldnt be TOO hard!

[This message has been edited by WOODY MCC (edited October 12, 2001).]
Old 10-12-2001 | 08:19 PM

How's about schitt-canning the attitude, Mark made an honest suggestion that I have seen people overlook many times.

How can you expect anyone to provide much help over a basic suggestion without knowing what year/engine you have? Have you done a full tune up before you started it after it sat for so long? Any trouble codes? Checked the fuel pressure?

There's enough variables in it that you will have to eliminate some of them before anyone can provide a better answer than bad gas. Just my $0.02.

------------------
1990 IROC 350
Mods: Too busy trying to make it run right to mod it.
Airfoil, Dynomax cat-back, MSD coil, 180 t-stat, Bald Eagle tires,
Hypertech fan switch, Accel 23# injectors, Holley module, ported plenum,
Ported Daytona Yellow stock base, Moroso valve covers, other stuff,
Streetdampr, Ruger P95DC, hot wife, new oil filter, !cats, !TBC, !AIR.
18.0 @ 85MPH since I'm one big-a$$ MF
"It's better to have and not need than to need and not have."
Old 10-12-2001 | 09:57 PM
Supreme Member

Sorry, usually I don't get rude with people, but maybe if you learned how to spell and use grammar your sentences would be a little clearer.

------------------
'86 IROC
GM GOODWRENCH 350
EDELBROCK TES HEADERS
EDELBROCK 600CFM CARB.
KN AIRFILTER
ACCEL HEI DISTRIBUTOR
160* Stat, just switched to 180* b/c of winter coming and going to college in the mts.
Rebuilt 700R4
Old 10-12-2001 | 10:02 PM
Supreme Member

Even though you are as rude as he!!, I'll try given some more help. Definately do a tune up. As you do that, check the condition of the spark plug wires, I have had 2 wires burn from laying on the headers and caused a shuttering problem.

------------------
'86 IROC
GM GOODWRENCH 350
EDELBROCK TES HEADERS
EDELBROCK 600CFM CARB.
KN AIRFILTER
ACCEL HEI DISTRIBUTOR
Rebuilt 700R4
Old 10-13-2001 | 01:00 AM

OH,MY,GAWD ..EASY..! Ok I bawt the 87gta 5.7 ( looked at my profile)and did the plgs , wires , new injectors , fule pump , fule lines , air filter , rad , heater core oh ya fresh gas Mark thanks 4 remindin me about dat one An as far as ma spellin 'n' ma grandma 'n' me attatude ,wich has notin ta do wit cars! Espeshilly ma gramma leev her outa dis! So fly wheel or tork converter!!!!!!! Other wize pleez lawk dis tred if u see fit moderator or wach the respondents snap once again like cold plastic...LOL To any one who can bring them selves past my sh!tty attitude and lack of proper spelling and grammar ,would be greatly appreciated
Old 10-13-2001 | 01:15 AM
Supreme Member

Car: '82 Z28
Engine: 350
Transmission: TH400 4,000 stall
Axle/Gears: Currie 9", 4.56 gears
sheesh, are you drunk or just dumb?
Old 10-13-2001 | 06:49 AM

Hard to have a torque converter and a flywheel on the same car...assuming it's an automatic, you could look for cracks in the flexplate and loose torque converter bolts. Also try replacing the O2 sensor, setting the TPS, and having the transmission flushed really good since I suppose some gunk could have collected in the converter over the extended rest of the car.
Old 10-13-2001 | 09:05 AM
Supreme Member

dude where the **** are you from learn how to ****ing spell I cant under a word you are saying.
Old 10-13-2001 | 09:44 AM

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by 89Irocz23:
dude where the **** are you from learn how to ****ing spell I cant under a word you are saying.</font>
All the world needs people like you, thanks for pointing that out to me.......That was good car info ,that should solve my problem?
Old 10-13-2001 | 09:52 AM

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by EvilCartman:
sheesh, are you drunk or just dumb?</font>
Well the way my spelling is I think im just dumb. I hope that answers your question , now back to cars......!!!!!!
Old 10-13-2001 | 10:00 AM

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by JETHROIROC:
Hard to have a torque converter and a flywheel on the same car...assuming it's an automatic, you could look for cracks in the flexplate and loose torque converter bolts. Also try replacing the O2 sensor, setting the TPS, and having the transmission flushed really good since I suppose some gunk could have collected in the converter over the extended rest of the car.</font>
Thanks Jethro for the idea that gunk could have collected in the converter over the extended rest of the car.I did a tranny flush but did not solve my problem so I am going to pull the inspection plate off and pull the torque back from the motor to see if the vibration is still there. Thanks once again Jethro for bringing yourself past all that was said and helping me with my car, not my spelling or grammar
Old 10-13-2001 | 10:15 AM
Supreme Member

See how much easier it is to understand what you are writing when you spell things right.

------------------
'86 IROC
GM GOODWRENCH 350
EDELBROCK TES HEADERS
EDELBROCK 600CFM CARB.
KN AIRFILTER
ACCEL HEI DISTRIBUTOR
Rebuilt 700R4
Old 10-13-2001 | 11:55 AM
20 Year Member

Wood,

Maebee u cud pul da drane plug on the phorkin' tork converter when u get da inspekshun cuvver offa der, an' try to git da big goobers of transmishun flewid goop outta der. Three yeers uv jus' sittin' der couldn'ta dun da transmishun enny good.

Da udder thing u mite wanna cunsider is dat summa da injecters and silinders arun't runnin' at a hunnert percent, an' may not manifest there problums until u get a good lode on dem. I'm thinkin' dat u coulda got da car runnin' a little bit to get it good an' hot, den changed the transishun oil, checkd da enjun oil, make shure da fule preshure is rite, an' start diagnosin' whutever problums you find won atta time. I'd bee a little 'frayed of runnin' around a lot wif dat much vibrashun myself, so Eye no why u r consernd about it.

Eye think ewe threw summa da members off base a little wif da spelling and dickshun in yer posts. Summa da responses an' posts we sea arunt very kleer sum times, so ewe can excuse summa da members cunfuzed replys. It can bee as hard to reed as ALL CAPS sum times, but Eye learnt to speek Canuk u long time ago, so Eye no where yor cummin' frum.

------------------
Later,
Vader
------------------
Justice and Freedom will Prevail
Adobe Acrobat Reader
Old 10-13-2001 | 12:00 PM
20 Year Member

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Vader:
... Eye learnt to speek Canuk u long time ago, so Eye no where yor cummin' frum...
</font>

Can't we all just get along?

------------------
Later,
Vader
------------------
Down with the Sickness
Adobe Acrobat Reader
Old 10-13-2001 | 12:32 PM
Supreme Member

That pic is friggin hilarious.

------------------
'86 IROC
GM GOODWRENCH 350
EDELBROCK TES HEADERS
EDELBROCK 600CFM CARB.
KN AIRFILTER
ACCEL HEI DISTRIBUTOR
Rebuilt 700R4
Old 10-13-2001 | 12:52 PM

Car: 1987 IROC Z28
Engine: 6.0L LQ9 crate engine
Transmission: Performa Built 700R4
Axle/Gears: 3.42 10 bolt, Eaton/Moser
You guys crack me up........

Check your motor and tranny mounts too. Replace w/ poly mounts asap....can't lose on that mod at all........

------------------
Phil87IROC
Blue '87 IROC, 383 Crate Motor, KB pistons, AFR 190 heads, TPIS ZZ-9 cam, Edelbrock RPM intake, 1" TD spacer, Hooker SC/LT headers w/ Mufflex Y-pipe, Edelbrock 750 cfm Carb (#1411), Stock T-5, GM 3.42 gears w/Auburn posi.
Ohio Valley Dragstrip (KY) Trophy Bracket WINNER - 8.39 ET on a 1.82 sec. - 60'. Best MPH = 84.44. Still Tuning Carb!
Red '89 IROC L98, TES w/Flowmaster, 1LE DS, 700R4, T-Tops, K&Ns w/open air boxes, 160 T-stat, Hypertech Chip, gutted MAF & CAT, Jacobs Ign., 53kv coil, MSD wires.
Old 10-13-2001 | 02:20 PM

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Vader:
Wood,

Maebee u cud pul da drane plug on the phorkin' tork converter when u get da inspekshun cuvver offa der, an' try to git da big goobers of transmishun flewid goop outta der. Three yeers uv jus' sittin' der couldn'ta dun da transmishun enny good.

Da udder thing u mite wanna cunsider is dat summa da injecters and silinders arun't runnin' at a hunnert percent, an' may not manifest there problums until u get a good lode on dem. I'm thinkin' dat u coulda got da car runnin' a little bit to get it good an' hot, den changed the transishun oil, checkd da enjun oil, make shure da fule preshure is rite, an' start diagnosin' whutever problums you find won atta time. I'd bee a little 'frayed of runnin' around a lot wif dat much vibrashun myself, so Eye no why u r consernd about it.

Eye think ewe threw summa da members off base a little wif da spelling and dickshun in yer posts. Summa da responses an' posts we sea arunt very kleer sum times, so ewe can excuse summa da members cunfuzed replys. It can bee as hard to reed as ALL CAPS sum times, but Eye learnt to speek Canuk u long time ago, so Eye no where yor cummin' frum.

</font>
Love ya VADER (not realy but) your response made me laugh so hard ,the tears in my eyes made it hard to read ,your spelling is perfect in my eyes .The info you gave me will be put to good use.! You know so well
Old 10-13-2001 | 03:07 PM

LMFAO!!!!!! .

Y'all ain't right .
Old 10-14-2001 | 01:30 AM

I put that pic as wall paper ,the wife dose not share our sense of ha ha, oh well it makes my smile every time i see it.thank gawd for my dental plan LOL!!!!!! I will let you know later what was giving my bird the shakes!