Tech / General Engine Is your car making a strange sound or won't start? Thinking of adding power with a new combination? Need other technical information or engine specific advice? Don't see another board for your problem? Post it here!

THE TORNADO-Anyone hear of this? Anyone use it? Thoughts?

Search this Thread

Old 09-20-2001, 10:55 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Car: 1986 Pontiac Trans Am
Engine: 5.0 TPI
Transmission: 700R4
THE TORNADO-Anyone hear of this? Anyone use it? Thoughts?

Anyone use this thing? What is the general opinion on this piece of metal? Saw it on an infomercial... http://www.tornadoair.com/

------------------
1986 WS6-Equipped 5.0 TPI Trans Am
Random Tech High-Flow Cat
Two Chamber Flowmaster Muffler
Megs Custom 4.5" Stainless Steel Rolled Tips
1999 Grand Am GT In-Dash CD Player w/Equalizer(fits like '86 original)
5% Tint On Rear, 35% On Sides
http://www.pitt.edu/~zyhst/trans86/

OTHER RIDE:
1998 C5 6Spd. Corvette Coupe
Silver w/Gray Leather Int.
12/14 Options
Stock(for now)
Best 1/4th: 13.5 @ 104.4MPH
Old 09-20-2001, 10:59 PM

If you'd like to throw away some money, its a real good idea.
Old 09-20-2001, 11:06 PM

LOL....so I take it that it does NOTHING...even though it shows otherwise on the infomercial and on the webpage? I would think this thing actually makes some sense....

------------------
160 Degree Thermo
Manual Fan Switch

OTHER RIDE:
12/14 Options
Stock(for now)
Old 09-20-2001, 11:35 PM
Supreme Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Car: 99 Formula
Engine: LS1
Transmission: T56
Axle/Gears: 342
Search the archives on this one, it has been beaten to death, it's junk but go ahead and waste your money. If it actually worked don't you think that people would have it on their mod lists.

------------------
'86 IROC
T-TOPS, TINTED WINDOWS, BRAKE LIGHT BLACKOUTS
GM GOODWRENCH 350
EDELBROCK TES HEADERS
3" Hooker CatBack w/Aero Chamber muffler
EDELBROCK 600CFM CARB.
KN AIRFILTER
ACCEL HEI DISTRIBUTOR
160* Stat
3:73 Posi
Rebuilt 700R4
B&M Megashifter, 5" Autometer Tach w/shift lite
Old 09-21-2001, 12:24 AM

Hey man....I just wanted a quick answer...sorry for not THINKING ahead that if it actually worked, it would be listed on peoples' mod lists. I thought this was a message board...you know...for posting questions and messages...? Thats what I heard it was for anyway...

------------------
160 Degree Thermo
Manual Fan Switch

OTHER RIDE:
12/14 Options
Stock(for now)
Old 09-21-2001, 03:49 AM
Supreme Member

I'm sorry I didn't mean to come off rude. But if you look at the madmax's # of posts or reply's he has close to 5,000. That is a heck of a lot. That's what I usually do when seeing if someone knows what they are talking about. Of course this isn't concrete just a basis. Again sorry for coming off rude.

------------------
'86 IROC
GM GOODWRENCH 350
EDELBROCK TES HEADERS
EDELBROCK 600CFM CARB.
KN AIRFILTER
ACCEL HEI DISTRIBUTOR
160* Stat
Rebuilt 700R4
Old 09-21-2001, 07:57 AM

Car: 2002 SOM z28
Transmission: T-56
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Mark A Shields:
But if you look at the madmax's # of posts or reply's he has close to 5,000.
</font>
That is only because he 1) has no life and 2) uses any possible chance to raise his post total!

Mark is right, this has been beaten to death, so please forgive him if he appeared rude... he really isn't. As he mentioned, it would appear in every signature if it did work... just like air foils and K&N do!

I would like to see more unbiased information about these things. Kind of like Slick 50 (or whatever)... the infomercial looks great, but the neutral reports show differently!

BTW- It's always a good idea to search the archives first, so you can ask detailed questions instead of common ones. It avoids replies like these.

------------------
1984 z28 w/ a 357 cu in. monster engine which is looking like the posterchild for Edelbrock with the exception of the Holley 750vac... all the suspension stuff... 9-bolt posi disk is in...

-=ICON Motorsports=-
Old 09-21-2001, 09:10 AM
TGO Supporter

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Car: Death Mobile
Engine: 666 c.i.
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by PhantomTPI:
Anyone use this thing? What is the general opinion on this piece of metal? Saw it on an infomercial... http://www.tornadoair.com/

</font>
I am amazed on how many people get sucked in by those Infomercials...they should be called "Disinfomercials".

How in the heck someone can put a "restriction" in the middle of your intake and expect it to get more performance and gas mileage is beyond me. Especially when SO MANY people remove the screens on their MAF sensor (not a necessarily a good mod either) to eliminate the restriction it causes.

Maybe I should start selling people a potato as an emission control device. Just shove it in your tailpipe prior to going into the testing station and you will have ZERO emissions coming from your engine. Special offer price, $29.95 for the next 500 orders.
Old 09-21-2001, 09:23 AM
Supreme Member
TGO - 10 Year Member

Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts
Car: 1988 IROC Vert
Engine: 355 ZZ4
Transmission: T5 Manual
Just thought I'd say that it annoys me when people get all shirty when you post something that has been beaten to death The reason it is being asked is because that person wasn't around or missed that conversation. If this attitute persists then in a years time every conversation about 3rd gens would have been discussed. Also I find the format of the archives difficult to follow..
Now if any one replies to this and says that what I'm saying has been beaten to death I'll....
Old 09-21-2001, 09:51 AM
TGO Supporter

On the other hand, I also see MANY TIMES where there are three or four posts on the identical subject all within a couple of lines of each other.

Lastly, there is a "search" feature that will show you all occurences of a particular subject. Many times, people will have answered the question in great detail in the past, but after replying to the same question a couple of dozen times, the answer becomes shorter and shorter.

Not doing a "search" only cheats the poster as they are unlikely to all the information they are seeking as people won't go into the same depth, and they may even get some "misinformation" from someone that doesn't really know the answer.
Old 09-21-2001, 10:20 AM
Supreme Member
TGO - 10 Year Member

Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts
Car: 1988 IROC Vert
Engine: 355 ZZ4
Transmission: T5 Manual
True, true but sometimes each question could vary slightly and the answer isn't particluar for your question or point. I can see both sides too, but you know what I mean..
Old 09-21-2001, 10:57 AM

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Biochem:
That is only because he 1) has no life and 2) uses any possible chance to raise his post total! </font>
#2 is more applicable in my case

There are numerous 'beaten to death' type questions... sometimes I like beating them into the ground even more... nothing wrong with asking a question tho, at least you arent gonna support those jokers making this stamped piece of tinfoil now.
FAQ it is.
Old 09-21-2001, 11:41 AM

WOW....lots of posts Well, I should say first, to Mark....don't worry about it, I understand your point, and its no big deal. It sounded like you were talkin' a bit like as if I didnt know anything...I just want to clear it up, and its been cleared up, so thank you for the apology...its all good. I do have to say that I realize how many posts Madmax has, and that he IS a moderator..I dont doubt him, as I am sure he has more experience with Thirdgens and modifications than I do. I dont doubt what he says. If I do, I'll make it a point to say so-whoever the comment would come from.

I would have to be partial to what ZZ42 said...I wasnt around...but then again, I can see Marks point of view, and Glenn91 made a very good point- "Not doing a "search" only cheats the poster as they are unlikely to all the information they are seeking as people won't go into the same depth, and they may even get some "misinformation" from someone that doesn't really know the answer." I can see how that could be true at times.

Lastly, Madmax's comment about how I wouldnt support those guys...no way...I would not spend $70 dollars on something if it does not help my TA's performance, but would actually hurt it. That $70 bucks will buy my K&N cone that I will put in with my cold air setup that I plan to make out of metal piping myself to replace the factory crap box.

I know infomercials claim alot of things of alot of products-most of them being a bunch of grill-roasted BS[ewww]. The reason this one stuck out to me, is because of the simplicity of design. The tests that were shown on TV actually made sense from a scientific standpoint, and looked legit. But I am sure that if it actually worked, a good majority of people on this board would have it and listed it in their mod lists. I asked about it also because this piece of metal to me, is fairly new...i only saw it on TV about a month ago...I didnt know how long it was out for...so I didnt know how many people knew about it, had it, tried it, or what. Reguardless, thanks for you paitence everyone. No hard feelings.

------------------
160 Degree Thermo
Manual Fan Switch

OTHER RIDE:
12/14 Options
Stock(for now)

[This message has been edited by PhantomTPI (edited September 21, 2001).]
Old 09-21-2001, 12:24 PM

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by madmax:

There are numerous 'beaten to death' type questions... sometimes I like beating them into the ground even more... nothing wrong with asking a question tho, at least you arent gonna support those jokers making this stamped piece of tinfoil now.
FAQ it is.
</font>
I rest my case!

OH, and PhantomTPI... just because he is a Moderator... he can still be an idiot. Just look at Ed and Ede!

I can appreciate that searching the archives can be a PITA. Sometimes things aren't written in the subject line, but get brought up after a few posts/replies. Sometimes you get 3000 posts because people list it in their signatures! Point I like to make is that you (and that is a general you... not you individually PhantomTPI) see what is said, then ask a specific question which is personalized to your specific engine combo. It's like asking if AC Delco plugs are good/bad vs. asking if AC Delco plugs gapped to 0.045" or 0.055" are good.

------------------
1984 z28 w/ a 357 cu in. monster engine which is looking like the posterchild for Edelbrock with the exception of the Holley 750vac... all the suspension stuff... 9-bolt posi disk is in...

-=ICON Motorsports=-
Old 09-21-2001, 12:56 PM
TGO - 10 Year Member

Received 241 Likes on 196 Posts
I rest my case!

OH, and PhantomTPI... just because he is a Moderator... he can still be an idiot. Just look at Ed and Ede!
</font>
For me, it was a prerequisite. I must have been an idiot to volunteer to be a moderator. It's a WHOLE lotta fun, let me tell you. Full mail boxes, trying to smooth over people's frustrations and still enforce the rules of the board. Getting people to cooperate and freely exchange information without having "attitudes". Trying to encourage and empower those people with less experience. Suggesting they use the Tech Articles and Search when necesary, but not crushing their esteem to the point where they don't contribute. Yeah, it can be a lotta fun, but it's still worth it when you make a difference and see the light go on in someone's head.

We all had to start somewhere. Don't be so quick to point out someone else's inexperience, especially when the question is asked in earnest. Save the flaming for those shìt bags that are terrorizing the world. George has his finger on the button that can vaporize his problems in milliseconds. My finger is on a different button, so just keep flaming away, and "Make my day"....

------------------
Later,
Vader
------------------
Justice and Freedom will Prevail

[This message has been edited by Vader (edited September 21, 2001).]
Old 09-21-2001, 01:51 PM

Biochem...

I know what you mean and what you are saying. Unfortunetly, I don't always even get to go online and come to the site to check the messages, archives and whatnot. Sometimes, I only have time to post a quick question, and then I am off to the bowels of my everyday routine. It blows.

Vader..."We all had to start somewhere. Don't be so quick to point out someone else's inexperience, especially when the question is asked in earnest. Save the flaming for those shìt bags that are terrorizing the world. George has his finger on the button that can vaporize his problems in milliseconds."---> Damn straight man!! I do know more than the average person about cars, especially my TA. I do my own oil changes, my own transmission fluid changes, my own water pump changes, belts, spark plugs, etc, all the simple sh#t like that. Just a week or so ago, I risked it, and chagned the EGR valve on my own...for me that was a big step, as I have never dissasembled the intake system myself. I never wanted to. Money was tight, and I had no choice. This is where the inexperience comes into play...but putting it back together was another story...it took me a few days-partly becasue of the wrong EGR they gave me...TWICE! Ohhh, I learned ALOT in that week...but now i know how to do this, should i have to do it again-and save myeslf about $300 dollars in labor that I would have to pay to some dumbs**t who does a half-a$$ed job becasue its not his car and why should he care. Believe me, I've had plenty of those expereinces, even with my 98 C5. My point is, I do truly share the enthusiasm about high performace Fbody's on this board with everyone. Someday, my car will have an engine in it that I will be proud of-with the performance to match. Bottom line...I am here to not only share and be a part of this "clan of F-body owners," but also to LEARN and get ideas for how to do things..what works and what doesnt, and get general opinions and advice on anything having to do with this car. I have had this car since I was 17...I am going on 23...I know alot...but not everything...this is the only place I know I can get REAL information for my needs. I would also like to add, that most of what I know now about my car and engine, I have learned from this board. Vader was kind enough to provide lots of pictures with lables on various parts-I have saved them. The tech articles-I have gained most valuable information from those. If something goes wrong with the car, this is now the first place I come. And in conclusion, the end.

As an SNL character put it playing the Rev. Jesse Jackson: "...ippidy-ippidy, and rat-a-tat-tat."

------------------
160 Degree Thermo
Manual Fan Switch

OTHER RIDE:
12/14 Options
Stock(for now)

[This message has been edited by PhantomTPI (edited September 21, 2001).]
Old 09-21-2001, 02:22 PM

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Glenn91L98GTA:
Maybe I should start selling people a potato as an emission control device. Just shove it in your tailpipe prior to going into the testing station and you will have ZERO emissions coming from your engine. Special offer price, $29.95 for the next 500 orders.</font>
I'll take two!

Old 09-21-2001, 02:38 PM
Supreme Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Car: 04 GTO
Transmission: M12 T56
I rest my case!

</font>
This coming from a guy who was asking how to set his mixture the other day...

ps, dont you have some fich to feed or something

------------------
Ed Maher - Moderator @ The TPI & Carb Boards
92 Z28 Convertible - Quasar blue / Tan top
305 TPI A4 2.73 - 14.8 @ 93.1
Stock except ported plenum and dual cats
-=ICON Motorsports=-

- Definitely prototypes, high powered mutants of some kind. Too weird to live, too cool to die
Old 09-21-2001, 02:45 PM
TGO Supporter

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by watchmesuck:
I'll take two!

</font>
Great, just wire me the money and I will send you the "emission's stopper". Also, for a limited time, if you send a further $19.95, I will include the blueprints for a "do-it-yourself" solar powered clothes dryer.

Save LOTS OF MONEY on your electricity bill, recover the cost of the solar powered clothes dryer in less than a couple of months and COMPLETELY environmentally friendly.

If sold separately, these two items would cost you hundreds of dollars but for a limited time you can have two "Emission's Stoppers" and the Solar Powered Clothes Dryer for the incredibly low price of $79.95. But act fast, as supply is limited.
Old 09-21-2001, 02:47 PM
TGO Supporter

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by madmax:

FAQ it is.
</font>
No problem, you only need another 2,000 posts and you'll catch me.
Old 09-21-2001, 03:17 PM
TGO - 10 Year Member

Glenn,

While the "Emissions Stopper" is highly admirable as a completely organic solution to an environmental problem, it is possibly technically inferior to the KaleCo 'O' Pipe - a highly engineered solution to the same problem. And it looks a lot cooler than a tuber.

------------------
Later,
Vader
------------------
Old 09-21-2001, 06:11 PM
TGO Supporter

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Vader:
Glenn,

While the "Emissions Stopper" is highly admirable as a completely organic solution to an environmental problem, it is possibly technically inferior to the KaleCo 'O' Pipe - a highly engineered solution to the same problem. And it looks a lot cooler than a tuber.

</font>
Yes, but can you eat it when you're finished to eliminate the evidence?
Old 09-21-2001, 06:50 PM

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Vader:
I must have been an idiot...
</font>
You said it... not me! At least you are not as prone to give bad advice as Ed! Like I'd ever listen to him when it comes to carbs... Thank *** for Damon and 5.7kid (who's recently seen the light of switching to a Holley)!

Actually thinging about the original topic... should our wonderful moderators have moved this to the Aftermarket board? Slackers... ALL of you

------------------

-=ICON Motorsports=-
Old 09-21-2001, 07:21 PM
Supreme Member

Received 42 Likes on 38 Posts
Car: 89 IrocZ
Engine: L98-ish
Ya know...about the original topic...I'm pretty sure I've read just about every "Tornado" thread that's been posted over the years and actually have slammed it myself...mostly by nature I guess.

But I don't ever recall seeing/reading where anyone has actually TRIED it, only spoke about why it wouldn't work.

Hmmn, just a few weeks ago the LT1 intakes wouldn't fit on our engines, all the threads up until a few days ago would say the same thing "Been beaten to death, won't work because...", and then all of a sudden one of the board members has it about wrapped up.

So has anyone actually tried it?
Old 09-21-2001, 07:35 PM
TGO Supporter

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by 8Mike9:
So has anyone actually tried it?</font>
Yes, the potato does reduce emissions to zero and the Solar Powered Clothes Dryer does work.
Old 09-21-2001, 09:30 PM
Supreme Member

Received 42 Likes on 38 Posts
Car: 89 IrocZ
Engine: L98-ish
Hey Glenn, funny you should mention the solar clothes dryer. I'm sure you've heard of the power crisis here in California and the high cost of utilities in general.

When we moved into the new house, the wife had been complaining of the old dryer.

One day when she was out, I fabbed up a clothes line then went to the local Appliance store and got a cardboard box for a dryer.

Left the box on the front steps for her to see.

You can can guess the rest...been 5 months now and I'm still rarely "gettin'" it anymore
Old 09-21-2001, 10:04 PM
TGO - 10 Year Member

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Glenn91L98GTA:
Yes, but can you eat it when you're finished to eliminate the evidence?</font>
Good point, Glenn. Then again, it's been rumored that some people have eaten an entire Jeep, just not baked (the Jeep, I mean).

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Biochem,

NOTE: Not picking on you in particular, but you bring up a good general point.

It's possible that you might get some less than perfect advice from a member or moderator. It's very difficult to diagnose a problem without seeing, hearing, and touching the vehicle.

It is also important to remember that a moderator is just that - he MODERATES. Moderators aren't necessarily supposed to have all the answers, but are supposed to watch the boards to make sure the tone of posts is acceptable, delete offensive or unacceptable posts, move topics to more appropriate fora, lock posts that are going nowhere or are inappropriate, and answer mail about the board. Sometimes they might even have some valuable input, or just a suggestion or idea. But since no one is perfect, you have to weigh the advice just as you would from someone else. We're all just people with a common interest, and try to contribute where we can. The label under the member's name really doesn't mean much unless there is some administrative work to do. Beyond that, moderators, administrators, junior and senior members are no better than the next guy or girl. It's just left up to the moderators to point that out.

If I screw up, as I'm accustomed to doing, everyone is free to tell me how stupid I am. But don't let me catching anyone saying that about another member. This board is for everyone and anyone who agrees to play by the rules, regardless of experience or skill level.

If you've been given advice that hasn't solved your problem or answers that don't apply, just make a mental note of the source. Pretty soon, you'll see who has a good deal of experience, and who is just starting to gather some.

Slackers?

------------------
Later,
Vader
------------------
Old 09-22-2001, 01:34 AM
Supreme Member

Car: 2006 Silverado 1500
Engine: 5.3L
Transmission: 4L60E
mark may have come off as rude, but that's just too bad. how many times can someone ask a beaten to death question like this?, obviously many since these are the same people that see something like this and feel they've discovered some gold mine that no one else has found. any car part sold in an infomercial should be avoided. good parts don't need an infomercial.
Old 09-22-2001, 01:59 AM

Hey Zippy Dippy...

Point taken already, bud. Read my posts above...no need to re-iterate. The issue has been discussed, resolved, and settled. Some of us have something called "work" to go to, and cannot always find the time to do extensive searches on standard dial-up modem when we are under scrutinous time contraints all the time. If you can't understand that, THAT'S too bad.

By the way....how is a person to know right off the bat without conferring with others about a product they heard about that looks legit, if it actually works or not? Unfortunetly, 99.99% of the general public wasnt given the gift of being a psychic."how many times can someone ask a beaten to death question like this?, obviously many since these are the same people that see something like this and feel they've discovered some gold mine that no one else has found. any car part sold in an infomercial should be avoided. good parts don't need an infomercial."That statement is mere ignorance. You cannot expect everyone to think like you do. It will never happen. As I said, the issue has been resolved...read my other posts above...I dont need to explain anything any further.

------------------
160 Degree Thermo
Manual Fan Switch

OTHER RIDE:
12/14 Options
Stock(for now)
Old 09-22-2001, 02:58 AM
Supreme Member

my point wasn't directed to you since you'd already been hit with it. your right not everyone is going to think the way i do and i don't expect them too. it's just using simple logic most times. i didn't learn all i know off boards like this. i do also have a job. i'm a mechanic and in charge of quality control where i work. i although do find it funny you the guy who asked this wonderfull question is the one with my feedback. thanx for making my day fun.
Old 09-22-2001, 09:28 AM

Thats part of why I am here-for fun

[twirling finger in air]

------------------
160 Degree Thermo
Manual Fan Switch

OTHER RIDE:
12/14 Options
Stock(for now)
Old 09-22-2001, 09:41 AM
ede
TGO Supporter

well untill the reply number had gotten this high i had no intrest in reading anything about the subject a we've been told, it's been beaten to death. now i'm glad i took the time to stop in and read a little.

ray i feel honored to be classed with the great (and short) ed maher and Mr Vader sort of implied he was in the same class as myself for being a moderator.

as for the tornado device i'd say it's junk but i've never used it nor have any experience with it and don't intend to. i would be interested in the o pipe thing it looks liek a great idea.

------------------
ICON Motorsports
1st & 3rd
MM Black Diamond 538 F&AM
Old 09-22-2001, 10:41 AM
TGO Supporter

Hey Zippy Dippy...

Point taken already, bud. Read my posts above...no need to re-iterate.
</font>
No need to get nasty to Zippy. Gee, guys don't think its a big deal to post the same question a billion times, yet when people give them the same answer, they get the butts in a knot.

But just because you have to go to work, doesn't mean I don't either. What is even worst, is people are too lazy to check out the FAQs or archives. I don't know HOW MANY TIMES people have come to the DIY PROM Board and asks the same question "Where do I start" when their is a link at the very top of the DIY PROM Board telling them far more info on how to get started into eprom burning than they ever dreamed of.

The net result, is that people on the DIY PROM Board don't even bother responding anymore to those type of questions. And ultimately, that will start to happen here also.

If you want to know the most effective mod to increase your gas mileage and increase your performance, burn your own eprom. That is one modification that does work when you have it optimized.

PS: Zippy, how's the eprom burning coming? Haven't heard from you in awhile.
Old 09-22-2001, 12:08 PM
Supreme Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Car: 2018 Camaro SS
Engine: LT1 w/Paxton 1500SL
wow great tech discussion here I learned a lot...about post whoring that is

------------------
Check out MyGTA Nicknamed:The Big Red Machine
***AOL IM ClarkeMustGoNow***
Moderator at www.transamgta.com
"What does not kill us only makes us stronger"

Tony

[This message has been edited by fly89gta (edited September 22, 2001).]
Old 09-22-2001, 01:20 PM

I am new to working on my car and I am very confused about some of it. But I do know that some explanations that are in the archives do not make things any easier to understand. I have received information the way I can understand it by directly "talking" to someone, usually Vader. I know it isn't easy to be patient with questions that seem so easy for some but I have been treated well and not dismissed for dumb questions. Elizabeth
Old 09-22-2001, 04:54 PM
Supreme Member

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by fly89gta:
wow great tech discussion here I learned a lot...about post whoring that is

</font>
Had to get mine in too.

Old 09-22-2001, 05:36 PM
Supreme Member

That $70 bucks will buy my K&N cone that I will put in with my cold air setup that I plan to make out of metal piping myself to replace the factory crap box.
</font>
Make the CA set up out of plastic if you can. It dissipates heat better. One of the Mustang guys at an auto-x had a CA setup out of metal, and the thing was so friggin hot you couldn't even touch it. It wouldn't cool down either. Any gains from increased flow were offset by the heated air. It definitely wasn't cold.

------------------
82 Camaro:350, Erson cam, ported heads,Comp Cams 1.6:1 rocker arms, Edelbrock Performer RPM intake, Holley 600cfm, Crane Hi-6 ignition,
TH350 tranny with 2500 stall, Eibach Pro Kit, SLP 1 3/4" headers with 3" Flowmaster exhaust
Old 09-22-2001, 05:53 PM

mcconahay...

Plastic? I would think that would melt..but then again, there is heat-resistant PVC...I dunno...just thought that the metal(stainless steel) would work better.

------------------
160 Degree Thermo
Manual Fan Switch

OTHER RIDE:
12/14 Options
Stock(for now)
Old 09-22-2001, 05:56 PM

overclck350 What is POST WHOREING and what/who exactly were you referencing?
Old 09-22-2001, 06:19 PM
Supreme Member

Most homemade CA is made of dryer hose I believe.

------------------
'86 IROC
GM GOODWRENCH 350
EDELBROCK TES HEADERS
EDELBROCK 600CFM CARB.
KN AIRFILTER
ACCEL HEI DISTRIBUTOR
160* Stat
Rebuilt 700R4
Old 09-23-2001, 12:34 AM

I was actually going to do something unconventional, and make the worlds first CA induction using scroll paper as a filter and 50 strands of bamboo sticks tied together to make a large tube, surrounded by tree bark to keep the air inside

------------------
160 Degree Thermo
Manual Fan Switch

OTHER RIDE:
12/14 Options
Stock(for now)
Old 09-23-2001, 01:27 AM
Supreme Member

prom burning is going ok, not bad once i did it a few times, but i figured it out for the most part. thanks for your assistance on the file searching for that. what you state is more my point, just simply taking a few minutes to run search would be nice on questions like this. i remember last year the question on wanting to bore a 305 to a 350 was popular and repeated itself a few times. just stuff like that is bothersome since some people have better questions to be answered.
Old 09-23-2001, 02:51 AM

Car: 86 z28
Engine: Hyd. roller 498
Transmission: 700r4
Axle/Gears: 12 bolt 3.90 gears
I am to lazy to search the archives, what do they claim this tornado stuff does?

------------------
383 86 Camaro Z28 ---1/4 mile et&gt;13.65@103mph,,
10.5:1compression Dart Pro 1 Aluminum heads 215cc&gt;2.05/1.60 valves,400 steel crank,cam specs:224/234 at 050 525/525 lift,3500 stall converter,shift kit,4.10 gears,770 Holley Avenger,Victor Jr. Intake,true dual exh,Hooker headers with 40 series Flowmasters,MSD Coil and Module.ALSO SECOND GEN Z28---mods:454 BBC,.546 max lift(doug herbert cam ) 750 Holley vac sec. ,Edelbrock Performer manifold,Holley electric fuel pump,Hooker headers,Flowmaster mufflers,beefed up 700r4 tranny, 3.90 gears, powertrax unit, B&M console shifter.