Tech / General Engine Is your car making a strange sound or won't start? Thinking of adding power with a new combination? Need other technical information or engine specific advice? Don't see another board for your problem? Post it here!

dimensions under hood???

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2005, 07:43 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Car: '84 Camaro SC/ I-ROC Body Conversio
Engine: Rebuilt 350 5.7L, Edelbrock 750cfm
Transmission: Re-built 700-R4
Axle/Gears: Moser, 3.73
dimensions under hood???

i've got a Edelbrock 4bbl carb and a stock hood, FOR NOW. I'm in the process of purchasing a 2" Cowl Induction hood and I'm going to get a velocity stack to go alomg with it. The question I have is if anyone has a 2" Cowl hood and knows the clearance from the opening of the carb to the bottom of the underside of the hood. If not does anyone know where i might find such measurements. I alked to the guys at Summit Racing and they couldn't tell me anything about it. The reason I ask is so that I can plan acorrdingly for the height of the velocity stack underneath as they are much taller than air cleaners. Thanks for any help
Old 04-27-2005, 10:52 PM
Supreme Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Car: Tree Huggers
Engine: Do Not
Transmission: Appreciate Me.
This is one of those things where you have to actually measure your own car. You can do the math right? Get out there and start measuring and estimate. You should also contact the hood mnfg. and ask about dimension range changes vs. the stock hood.