Tech / General Engine Is your car making a strange sound or won't start? Thinking of adding power with a new combination? Need other technical information or engine specific advice? Don't see another board for your problem? Post it here!

creeper at the red light

Search this Thread

Old 07-04-2001, 03:52 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
creeper at the red light

i'm having a problem with a failed egr valve at the moment and i'll be replacing the valve this weekend. i was wondering if a failed egr valve would cause my car to shake at idle and while accelerating? my idle is around 600 rpm. i noticed that it wants to shake & creep forward with my foot off the brake & off the gas; when i'm at a red light and it turns green, just before i go to hit the gas it starts to edge forward (shaking) like an old man with a walker... i know, i know, i should just go for the gas quicker and ignore it right?
Old 07-04-2001, 04:12 PM

I never liked the idea of ignoring something going wrong with the car. An EGR problem could cause rough idles.. My car shakes like crazy.. I like to joke around and say I have a very strange cam. (Just my excuse for my POS car really.) It does fine at cruising speeds, it's just at idle that it's.. bad.

------------------
89 iroc-z 305 tbi
k&n filtercharger, open element air filter. nuffin' else
Old 07-04-2001, 04:18 PM

hey enkil, i noticed you were in raliegh, not too too far from where i live. i'm looking for an old iroc or something like it for real cheap, preferably white w/ t-tops, let me know if you come across anything out that way...