Tech / General Engine Is your car making a strange sound or won't start? Thinking of adding power with a new combination? Need other technical information or engine specific advice? Don't see another board for your problem? Post it here!

possible class action lawsuit against accel mod sticky

Search this Thread

Old 11-09-2004, 03:58 AM
Supreme Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Car: 89 iroc-z 5.7tpi 350,
Engine: 5.7tpi 350,
Transmission: T-56 fully built WOOHOO
possible class action lawsuit against accel mod sticky

ok well ive done some extensive research on this board across the internet, repair shops, and alot of people know and have found accel to be of very poor quality injectors, i know several people who have had their accel injectors leak, bodys break, be completly dead, some right out of the factory box just like mine,
i have found some tuners wont even work with accel injecters as they do not flow correctly, its either a hit or a miss with the injectors, accel offers these as direct factory replacement for bosh style II how ever they only offer a 90 day warranty for a reason i believe is they know what they are doing, and if you read my story below it is riddicilous that they would not warranty one single injector. and laughed at me i believe these injectors need to be taking out of the market and revised. better quality control, and that something needs to get done and they wont get away with it for much longer. i need your peoples support though i need a few people before we can get anything going.

my personal story is bought 8 24lbers in june finally got the car going and wasnt running right it took $600 to figure out why cyl #7 wasnt firing it was a dead injector right out of the box.
Old 11-09-2004, 04:18 AM
Supreme Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Car: 1982 Z28
Engine: LS1
Transmission: T56
Re: possible class action lawsuit against accel mod sticky

Ya know...some people do extensive research BEFORE they make the purchase.

Two years ago I was injector shopping, found just a few Accel injector horror stories here, and it was enough to steer me onto Ford blue-tops which ran 2 years no problems.

I hate it happened to you, but a swipe of the Search button would have prevented it.

-Kevin

Originally posted by porkyzilla
ok well ive done some extensive research on this board across the internet, repair shops, and alot of people know and have found accel to be of very poor quality injectors, i know several people who have had their accel injectors leak, bodys break, be completly dead, some right out of the factory box just like mine,
i have found some tuners wont even work with accel injecters as they do not flow correctly, its either a hit or a miss with the injectors, accel offers these as direct factory replacement for bosh style II how ever they only offer a 90 day warranty for a reason i believe is they know what they are doing, and if you read my story below it is riddicilous that they would not warranty one single injector.

my personal story is bought 8 24lbers in june finally got the car going and wasnt running right it took $600 to figure out why cyl #7 wasnt firing it was a dead injector right out of the box.
Old 11-09-2004, 01:49 PM
Supreme Member

i know what your saying, but amazingly enough i did ask about accel and no one replied, i could ifnd that thread again.

how ever regardless that i did a search....i believe these injectors are a big problem
Old 11-09-2004, 02:54 PM
Supreme Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Car: 91 Camaro Vert
Engine: 02 LS1, HX40
Transmission: 2002 LS1 M6
Re: Re: possible class action lawsuit against accel mod sticky

Originally posted by kevinc
Ya know...some people do extensive research BEFORE they make the purchase.

Two years ago I was injector shopping, found just a few Accel injector horror stories here, and it was enough to steer me onto Ford blue-tops which ran 2 years no problems.

I hate it happened to you, but a swipe of the Search button would have prevented it.

-Kevin
what about the thousands upon thousands who ARNT online and DONT have a all tech site to goto.

they make a ****ty product.

i have no business being in a class action lawsuit since i didnt buy their injectors... but still, they shouldnt be making such a ****ty, low quality product.
Old 11-09-2004, 05:45 PM
Supreme Member

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts
I've got Accel 30# injectors I bought through Summit a few months ago. they seem to work just fine for me. Reading some old posts on here it was only the smaller # injectors that people were having issues with.

Only complaint I have is that they seem to leakdown too fast after shutdown but not really bad...
Old 12-26-2004, 07:23 PM
Supreme Member

well not one died now...ones dead some are leaking wide open....

so bump im going to get a laywer tommorrow see whats gonna go on
Old 12-26-2004, 07:47 PM

Car: 1991 Trans AM GTA
Engine: 5.7L TPI
Transmission: 700R4
Re: Re: Re: possible class action lawsuit against accel mod sticky

Originally posted by MrDude_1
i have no business being in a class action lawsuit since i didnt buy their injectors... but still, they shouldnt be making such a ****ty, low quality product.
I agree...and I have not used their injectors either. I did the same thing Kevin did before I purchased new injectors. Did a search on here and also talked to people about which injectors to get and the consensus was that Ford blue tops were the best choice because of the poor quality of Accel.
Old 12-28-2004, 09:52 AM

Car: '86 Iroc, '87 Iroc Vert
Engine: 350 TPI, 305 TPI
Transmission: T5 in both
Axle/Gears: 3.73, 3.45 both LSD's
I have Accell 24# Injectors in my '86. I have had no problems as of yet. My only complaint is I think they're to big. I have put maybe 10,000 Miles on them in two years. I have Accell 22# Injectors in my '92. No problems running as of yet. I have maybe 23,000 Miles on them in two years. I guess I'm on borrowed time with the injectors. I can say that everything else Accell makes that I have bought has failed(I.E. Coil-6 mths/7,000 miles, Ign Control Module 8 mths/3,000 miles). I didn't do a search either. I won't be buying anymore Accell products. They have left me stranded too many times. I hate replacing parts you just replaced, especially if you thought you had taken time to do it right.

Last edited by OneBadZ4U; 12-28-2004 at 09:55 AM.
Old 12-28-2004, 04:10 PM
Supreme Member

Originally posted by OneBadZ4U
I have Accell 24# Injectors in my '86. I have had no problems as of yet. My only complaint is I think they're to big. I have put maybe 10,000 Miles on them in two years. I have Accell 22# Injectors in my '92. No problems running as of yet. I have maybe 23,000 Miles on them in two years. I guess I'm on borrowed time with the injectors. I can say that everything else Accell makes that I have bought has failed(I.E. Coil-6 mths/7,000 miles, Ign Control Module 8 mths/3,000 miles). I didn't do a search either. I won't be buying anymore Accell products. They have left me stranded too many times. I hate replacing parts you just replaced, especially if you thought you had taken time to do it right.
you should do a resistance test on them, also do you get any hard starts sometimes??? after its been sitting for a while
Old 12-28-2004, 07:58 PM
Supreme Member

Car: Tree Huggers
Engine: Do Not
Transmission: Appreciate Me.
[Morley] You are mistaken, Accel produces nothing but immaculate and superior injector sets. If you hear anything other than that ignore it, it is a lie or mis-information from ignorant children. [/Morley]

https://www.thirdgen.org/techbb2/sho...hreadid=271828

Ok, enough fun. From what I've seen, and posted a few times, the Accel injectors which seem to have problems are typically rated under 30#.

In addition, I doubt that Accel is actually the company producing the injectors. They would more than likely be a listed defendant with a cross-claim filed against them by accel or third party defendant.

Have you spoken with an attorney as of yet? It doesn't seem like it, and if that is the case, you really are wasting our time. If you want to see how it's done, go find some of Willie's posts on his crank problems... if they haven't been deleted. If they have, then you shall soon be very friendly with the search function in order to start contacting people.
Old 12-28-2004, 10:10 PM

you should do a resistance test on them, also do you get any hard starts sometimes??? after its been sitting for a while
Uh, well, I guess my time is up.
My RS has been hard starting after sitting for a while. I was thinking Ignition Module, but then again, I had spark! I recently moved and I only drive it like once a week.

Strike three, Accell, YOUR OUT!!!

You know, My Iroc is hard to start too. I turn the key and nothing happens!? I wonder if that's because the steering colum is in the basement?? Or maybe because the engine is on a stand??
I guess will never know.:shrug:

Last edited by OneBadZ4U; 12-28-2004 at 10:14 PM.
Old 12-28-2004, 10:28 PM

RD, I just read that other thread.:yourock: That was the funniest thread of all time. I almost pissed my pants(you can say pissed right?). Note to self, do not get into a battle of witts with RD.
Old 12-29-2004, 12:01 AM
Supreme Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Car: 86 Trans Am, 88 Formula
Engine: 95LT4, 305TPI
Transmission: T56, T5
I've heard about accel injectors having problems and I tell me friends not to buy them and what do they do, they go out and buy them.
Why ask for advice and not take it. makes no sense.

I've got a set of accels on my trans am and the only reasons they are on the car is that they are low milage, worked great on the car they came off of and the #1 reason is that they were free.

Also, thier OEM style FI fuel filters (at least the one we got) was actually an AC Delco part. I pulled the accel sticker off of it and underneath was the AC Delco part number and other info that is on an AC Delco filter.
You basically paid an extra $10 for an Accel Sticker.
Old 12-29-2004, 01:18 AM
Supreme Member

well your right havent had the chance to find a lawyer yet trying to find a new job....

when i get enough people i will contact a laywer...
Old 12-29-2004, 01:53 AM
TGO Supporter

Car: NCC-1701-D (docked in AZ)
Engine: impulse drive
Transmission: fusion reactors
Axle/Gears: Rescued from the Borg by my crew
I am one of those guys that have had issues with the 30lb accels. Got rid of them for SVO's. Learned my lesson. They were going static on me at WOT among other things.
Old 12-29-2004, 02:36 AM
Supreme Member

Originally posted by CaptPicardsZ28
I am one of those guys that have had issues with the 30lb accels. Got rid of them for SVO's. Learned my lesson. They were going static on me at WOT among other things.
want your money back??
Old 12-29-2004, 11:42 AM
TGO Supporter

Car: NCC-1701-D (docked in AZ)
Engine: impulse drive
Transmission: fusion reactors
Axle/Gears: Rescued from the Borg by my crew
want your money back??
Nope...sold them on ebay.
Old 12-29-2004, 01:06 PM
Supreme Member

Car: Tree Huggers
Engine: Do Not
Transmission: Appreciate Me.
well your right havent had the chance to find a lawyer yet trying to find a new job....

when i get enough people i will contact a laywer...
You may find it isn't as easy as you think.

IIRC you have to file your own complaint, then have other file as well. If the court agrees to certify the complaints as a class action, all class members should have equal say and rights to any monies or remedies ordered by the court.

It's a bit complex and I haven't had to work one so I'm trying to remember what I've forgotten. Best bet would be find a lawyer in your area that specializes in it. Call and briefly consult with him and if he is interested, give him some links to applicable threads on TGO and anywhere else you may have seen complaints.
Old 12-29-2004, 01:13 PM

I don't want to join the law suite. I am going to chalk it up to a learning experience. I think you win the battle if you let people know not to buy Accell. Law suite = Pain in the Butt.
Old 12-30-2004, 02:07 AM
Supreme Member

Received 76 Likes on 66 Posts
Car: 1991 Z28 Vert
Engine: 383 single plane efi
Transmission: T-56
Axle/Gears: 8.8 with 3.73s
I had problems with my 30lb accels so I switched to SLPs. The problem was gone. For injectors, Accel sucks but they will continue to sell because of the low price.