Tech / General Engine Is your car making a strange sound or won't start? Thinking of adding power with a new combination? Need other technical information or engine specific advice? Don't see another board for your problem? Post it here!

mustang cobra..im sure you will love this one

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-2001, 11:04 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by darbster:
I was raised a camaro guy, and will always be one...but a couple of years ago,after seeing the commercial for the then "new body style" ram air firebird...Ya'll know the one i'm talking about...the one where its sitting at the stoplight revving its engine.WOW! i was in love!That car has everything.And even though im still a camaro fanatic till the day i die...That car gets my applause..what a bad a** car!A cobra holds nothing on that car...can i get an amen in the house? </font>
A-Freaking-MEN!

------------------
'88 Formula/305/Ported & Polished TPI
Poly's all around
Accel Super coil/Billet Dist/8.8's/Bosch+4's
Long way to go . . .
Gearing up for 350HO/t56 swap-in over summer.
Old 05-22-2001, 06:29 PM
Supreme Member

Car: Tree Huggers
Engine: Do Not
Transmission: Appreciate Me.
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Matt87GTA:
Just WHAT are all these damn ferd fans doing at thirdgen.org anyway??????????????????????????

</font>
Umm, building fast cars. Helping others build fast cars. Keeping the perspective of fast cars foremost in our minds. Did I mention handling?

So should I just turn my back on the thirdgen community? Maybe I should go to just Mustang forums? Or maybe just Corvette forums? I own one of those. They have Suburban forums too, maybe I should hop on over there? Maybe we should boot Vader off to Impala or Fiero land?

Oh and did I mention we own a thirdgen? That may be why I hang around here. But then again I have been accused of being a little odd so who knows?

------------------
"Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason, than that of blind-folded fear."

-Thomas Jefferson
Old 05-22-2001, 07:28 PM

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Matt87GTA:
Just WHAT are all these damn ferd fans doing at thirdgen.org anyway??????????????????????????
</font>
Well I spend most of my time giving out bad advice so that none of the thirdgens I come in contact with directly or indirectly can ever get out of the 15's.

I'm with RD, I own one of both. Helps to know your competition anyway, you cant beat an enemy you know nothing about.
Old 05-22-2001, 09:15 PM

Car: 1987 Trans Am
Engine: LT1
Transmission: T-56
Axle/Gears: 10 Bolt SLP Torsen, 3.73 ratio
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by darbster:
I was raised a camaro guy, and will always be one...but a couple of years ago,after seeing the commercial for the then "new body style" ram air firebird...Ya'll know the one i'm talking about...the one where its sitting at the stoplight revving its engine.WOW! i was in love!That car has everything.And even though im still a camaro fanatic till the day i die...That car gets my applause..what a bad a** car!A cobra holds nothing on that car...can i get an amen in the house? </font>
I agree w/ them about the new camaros...I often mistake them for chryler sebrings! That same stupid looking huge front grill! I have always been a firebird guy, but I liked the camaro body style before those giant vacume cleaner ones, but after the thirdgens. The new ram air gave me new faith in the firebird That thing just plain looks mean, and the new rustangs, they are FUGLY. Waaaaaay to boxy, and well, since even my underpowered 305 POS can beat the doors off most mudstangs in the area, the just plain look dumb! I can respect the stang for one major reason, it will most likely still be around after 2002 Can't say the same for our line of cars...looks like the sports car part of GM is being handed to cadillac, w/ the new evil. I just hope it keeps the good 'ol V8, and not be front wheel drive!
I think any car can be made to go fast, and to last a while, it's just that the majority for the four lettered f-word cars don't usually do this. It seems they are mostly about the "attitude" that goes along with their cars, even when they have a 4 cyl engine they seem to think they are bad-*** ! Even when they get the doors blown off 'em they still think they are bad-*** and still believe they own god's gift to the automotive world. That's why it is sooooo much fun to laugh at the majority of dumbstang owners. Those who properly build there's up, well thats a whole different story

------------------
Corry Lazarowitz
clazarow@voicenet.com
clazarowitz@hotmail.com
1987 Pontiac Trans AM (GTA?) 350 or is it a 305?! TPI
SLP 1 3/4" headers, 3" cat back (stock cat
MSD ignition.
MSD Blaster SS coil.
3.73 Rear end gears
Accell 8.8 Wires
Bosh +4 Spark Plugs (Don't know if they really help but hell!)
Holley AFPR
Race Built Automatic trans ('vette servo, shift kit, tightly packed clutches)--just needs titanium gears now!
Newly gutted cat (the car gutted it's own cat!)
Hypertech Chip (Just found out I had it! :eek
More soon when funds are avail...