Tech / General Engine Is your car making a strange sound or won't start? Thinking of adding power with a new combination? Need other technical information or engine specific advice? Don't see another board for your problem? Post it here!

center bolt TFS G1 TW heads...help?

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-2001, 05:56 PM
RCR

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Car: '84 Fiero ('01 GA interior)
Engine: '96 4.0 Aurora
Transmission: '96 4T80E
center bolt TFS G1 TW heads...help?

From the subject, you can see I hvae the TW center bolt G1 heads. Well, the damned roller rockers TFS recommended don't work with the center bolt heads. I can't return the rockers, they were special ordered. Has anyone redrilled their heads for a perimeter bolt pattern? Can it be done? This has been the cam swap from Hell!!!

Please!?

------------------
Bob '89 Formula CC350
Last(lost)Member of the Elusive Great Lakes Crew
My car's homepage
Old 02-28-2001, 08:41 PM

I dont know about redrilling, but there is added material around the area where the bolt needs to go for the perimeter bolt. That is something you might be able to have welded into the area it needs to be, then drill+tap. There is also an adapter, I know GM makes one, for putting perimeter bolt valve covers on a centerbolt head. The GM one aint cheap, IIRC its about 150 bucks. I would look into it, but make sure it will clear the rockers BEFORE you buy it... it has metal outwards from where the centerbolt holes are, but it doesnt extend upward much, only about 1/4". I dont know if that would help you or not.
Old 03-01-2001, 06:53 AM
RCR

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Car: '84 Fiero ('01 GA interior)
Engine: '96 4.0 Aurora
Transmission: '96 4T80E
Madmax,
I know the ones your speaking of. I don't think there is clearance under the rockers for much of a plate. That thought had crossed my mind so I looked.

thanx,
Bob