Tech / General Engine Is your car making a strange sound or won't start? Thinking of adding power with a new combination? Need other technical information or engine specific advice? Don't see another board for your problem? Post it here!

What's up Now????

Search this Thread

Old 12-12-2000, 09:41 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
What's up Now????

Well i replaced the valve cover gasket on the driver's side the other day, disconnected AC compressor, o2 sensor (line sorta snapped) and 3 spark plug wires (cylinders 1,3,5). Plugged the spark plugs up to turn the engine on & check for leaks and car missed pretty bad so after 5 min i turned it off. well o2 sensor is not connected, AC compressor is disconected (can't find outlet) and it did rain for like 2 days (did have plugs wires off distributor) but had tarp over hood. Can't understand what is going on?!!!!
Oh ya, hooked up the wires to correct firing order too.

------------------
--Steve S-- 84 Trans Am 305 HO 5 speed, completely stock will soup up when i get some $$$$$$$$$$
Old 12-12-2000, 10:09 PM

go over your plug wires again... and hook up the o2 sensor - - - and why wont my signature work!!

[This message has been edited by mtx28 (edited December 12, 2000).]
Old 12-12-2000, 11:01 PM
Supreme Member

Car: 1999 Chevy Cavalier
Engine: 2.2
Transmission: 5 speed
Axle/Gears: it's part of the transmission
84,spray those wires,alternator and every thing electrical with silicone spray lube,that should dispurse the water. also check inside the distributer cap for corrosion.

p.s. being that you live in richmond,VA considerably close to where I will be after christmas,(norfolk naval base,USS SAIPAN for five years),could you help me out in regards to the best car resources in the area? I need to know where to find all the best body shops,speed shops,custom fab/suspension shops,junkyards with 3rd and 4th gen. F-bodies,alighments,window tinting shops.........tracks(I really should keep it leagal) all I know is I'm getting my first bonus payment soon,and I might as well continue on my quest to build the most insane '84TA in Norfolk.....I'll stay out of your kneck of the woods how's the gas prices over there? I have a bad feeling about that, being you don't want to put your car on the road.