Tech / General Engine Is your car making a strange sound or won't start? Thinking of adding power with a new combination? Need other technical information or engine specific advice? Don't see another board for your problem? Post it here!

Spark plugs + Wires

Search this Thread

Old 12-19-2002 | 09:34 AM

Car: 88 Iroc-Z
Engine: 355ci
Transmission: WC-T5
Spark plugs + Wires

Ok, I'm looking to do a complete tune-up on my car. going to change spark plugs, wires, cap and rotor and anything you guys think i should do also. Im looking to buy a GOOD set of wires and plugs, and no i dont mean any ACCEL p.o.s. wires from discount auto or pepboys or something. Im talking good wires that are going to last me, im sick of buying ****ty parts from local stores. I heard someone talking about MSD, so should i go with them? And what plugs should i get, if i have to order these i dont really care i just dont wanna buy anything else from local parts stores, its getting on my nerves when they give me crap.

So basically what i need to know is, what wires, plugs, cap + rotor.. and anything else you guys can think of that i should do. I think my car is misfiring, and im thinking a good tune up should fix that, and well check the timeing afterwards.

Thanks for the help guys, and sorry for the attitude, but i just found out Discount Auto Parts just gave me my 2nd NEW TPS that is a p.o.s. Just lettin out some steam thanks again!
Old 12-19-2002 | 10:04 AM
Supreme Member

Car: 4
Engine: 6
Transmission: 5
As far as wires, MSD is good stuff. I personally prefer Taylor just because theirs are easier to work with, also good quality of course. The Accel cap & rotor are good, I agree their wires leave a little to be desired - although I do have a set of them on my 454 that has been there now for at least 12 years (yeah, I was desperate late one night), and it hasn't left me stranded yet.
Old 12-19-2002 | 04:47 PM

Car: 88 Iroc-Z
Engine: 355ci
Transmission: WC-T5
what type of MSD wires should i get? like what mm, or whatever.. what about plugs? does MSD make a cap and rotor?
Old 12-19-2002 | 05:28 PM

Originally posted by Wootah
does MSD make a cap and rotor?
http://www.jegs.com/cgi-bin/ncommerc...25&prmenbr=361

there ya go