Tech / General Engine Is your car making a strange sound or won't start? Thinking of adding power with a new combination? Need other technical information or engine specific advice? Don't see another board for your problem? Post it here!

WTF Car is Dead

Search this Thread

Old 09-27-2002, 08:59 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
WTF Car is Dead

I hate this week. First I had a brake line go out, had to replace that, now after it has been running fine, I come out this morning and its dead.... Well, I just put a new starter on less then 6 months ago from Napa so that shouldn't be it. I think its the stupid battery from Autozone, when I turn my lights on and try to crank my lights go dim. But I don't have enough power to even crank, when I turn my key lights come on, security, and radio all come on... So what do you guys think??

Oh another crappy thing I found was standing water in my trunk, about 2-4 inches worth WTF?
Old 09-27-2002, 12:15 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
If you turn the lights on and crank, the lights will dim, even on a brand new battery. if all you accesories are working, its the starter or wiring at fault. ive seen starters go bad a week old, not every starters the same, especially rebuilt ones. Use a multimeter (if you have one) and put the positive on the small terminal on the starter and the neg. on a good ground. have someone crank...if you get battery voltage to the terminal, you have a bad starter ....if you dont, its bad wiring or a bad relay.
Old 09-27-2002, 12:21 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Use a multimeter (if you have one) and put the positive on the small terminal on the starter and the neg. on a good ground. have someone crank...if you get battery voltage to the terminal, you have a bad starter ....if you dont, its bad wiring or a bad relay.
Ok :hail: I will try to get to Autozone or somewhere and do that....if its the starter Sh@#$ is going to hit the fan.....