Tech / General Engine Is your car making a strange sound or won't start? Thinking of adding power with a new combination? Need other technical information or engine specific advice? Don't see another board for your problem? Post it here!

no power need help bad

Search this Thread

Old 06-15-2002, 04:36 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
no power need help bad

I had to change my starter as it went bad again. I replaced the battery with an Optimua and put a GM high torque and temp starter and solenoid in. My problem is after I pulled the old battery I put the new one in full charge and I have power ANYWHERE. I have changed it a lot but I cannot find why I get no power ground is okay terminals new clean. Before I put the new one in today I tried to roll the windows up last night with the old one that makes me believe I did "something" when I took the battery or starter out. I have one ground on the block that goes to the battery side post and I have a top post that is used for the headlight ground. I have a power wire for the starter motor and there are a few small one attached to that. I want to say there was a positive side post but I have looked everywhere and cannot find any missing power wire that needs to be hooked up. I know there is some wire that needs to be giving the main harness power but I am lost. I believe it was a side ost also for power. If anyone knows or has a picture of there battery terminals and wire locations etc please let me know. I checked my fuses etc I do not have a clue to what went bad.
Jason
1989 GTA 350
JMFNX@AOL.COM
Old 06-15-2002, 07:12 PM
Supreme Member

Received 42 Likes on 38 Posts
Car: 89 IrocZ
Engine: L98-ish
Transmission: 700R4
Would seem like you've lost a fusable linkn...usually encased in a "plastic" looking housing...all that I've found in my car can be seen/located from the top of the engine bay.
Old 06-16-2002, 12:01 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Figured it out

My power wires at the solenoid were not properly attached and I forgot the harness feeds from there. Should have been the first thing I should have checked but I was a few too deep with the beer solution.
JMFNX@AOL.COM
1989 GTA