Tech / General Engine Is your car making a strange sound or won't start? Thinking of adding power with a new combination? Need other technical information or engine specific advice? Don't see another board for your problem? Post it here!

I need the Incredible Hulk

Search this Thread

Old 05-29-2002 | 10:20 PM

I need the Incredible Hulk

Ok as you all know I got rearended and I have some binding in my driveshaft and the rearend. Nothing is broke.....So Im assuming its just bent enough to make it bind. My friend told me that all I have to do is get some chains and basically pull it back out. He explained hes done it several times and thats all I would need to do. Besides replace my one seal where my fluid is leaking. Does this sound about right to any of you guys.
Old 05-29-2002 | 11:04 PM
Supreme Member

Car: '94 Corvette
Engine: LT1
Transmission: 4L60E
Have you tried rocking the car back & forth by hand while it's in gear.
I can ussualy get the driveshaft to come loose by putting my butt on the bumper, and just start rocking it back & forth a few times.
It's all in the legs

If it's on stands you might even be able to jerk the wheels back & forth on the rear to get it to come loose.

Ron
Old 05-29-2002 | 11:08 PM

Originally posted by ronterry
Have you tried rocking the car back & forth by hand while it's in gear.
I can ussualy get the driveshaft to come loose by putting my butt on the bumper, and just start rocking it back & forth a few times.
It's all in the legs

If it's on stands you might even be able to jerk the wheels back & forth on the rear to get it to come loose.

Ron
I said I need the Incredible Hulk Not I am the Incredible Hulk J/K I havent tried that. I cant even see where its binding....I can only hear it. But I guess I could try that. Except how can I do it in gear if its a stick??
Old 05-29-2002 | 11:21 PM
Supreme Member

Car: '94 Corvette
Engine: LT1
Transmission: 4L60E
That's fine being a stick. Your just going to let the wieght of the car do all the work. It's hard to explain. Just push the car forward, and let it come back on you. It will move a few inches. Just get it going back in forth, and see if that helps any.

Ron
Old 05-29-2002 | 11:27 PM

Originally posted by ronterry
That's fine being a stick. Your just going to let the wieght of the car do all the work. It's hard to explain. Just push the car forward, and let it come back on you. It will move a few inches. Just get it going back in forth, and see if that helps any.

Ron
Since Igot rearended....wouldnt I want to push the car backwards?