TBI Throttle Body Injection discussion and questions. L03/CFI tech and other performance enhancements.

Baseline Tunes??

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-2012, 05:56 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Car: 1991 RS
Engine: 305 LO3
Transmission: 700R4
Axle/Gears: 2.73's : (
Baseline Tunes??

I just got the starter bin programed into my ebl. Is there any thread on here where you guys post your tuning numbers?? I thought it would be easier to grab a baseline off here from a heads cam intake engine like mine and fine tune from there. Please let me know. Thanx.
Old 02-05-2012, 09:13 AM
Supreme Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Baseline Tunes??

There's a huge thread in DIY Prom forum, more threads in DFI ECM forum that may help, just think your in the wrong spot... can also conntact DynamicEFI as they have great tech support.
Old 02-05-2012, 08:26 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Car: 1991 RS
Engine: 305 LO3
Transmission: 700R4
Axle/Gears: 2.73's : (

OK, will check that out. Thanx.
Old 02-06-2012, 12:34 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

check out my thread ive got in the DFI i think it is.

You can search for it. Got some good info and insight from knowledgeable members in there and pics of the work ive got done.
Old 02-06-2012, 09:31 AM

Received 220 Likes on 206 Posts
Car: check
Engine: check
Transmission: check

Originally Posted by Shakermaker05
I just got the starter bin programed into my ebl. Is there any thread on here where you guys post your tuning numbers?? I thought it would be easier to grab a baseline off here from a heads cam intake engine like mine and fine tune from there. Please let me know. Thanx.
With the heads having been changed that is where to start. The cam also counts some, but only if it is really ratty. The reason to zero in on the heads is for the SA table(s). The stock L03 heads are swirl port and use very little SA.

Going with an iron TPI head and need more SA as they are a standard port. Vortec heads have a newer style chamber and the SA requirements are again different.

If the heads are one of the above there are base calibrations for them. Although the base TBI tune (EBL_F_TB2) is best for the TPI old school heads. The TPI calibrations SA is also tailored to the mid-range torque boost that the long runners provide.

RBob.