TBI Throttle Body Injection discussion and questions. L03/CFI tech and other performance enhancements.

Source for O rings please

Search this Thread

Old 08-18-2008, 01:38 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Source for O rings please

I have a 1989 Camaro with 305 Vin E (TBI). This has two fuel injectors. I am looking for a source for the O rings for the injectors. Each has a large O ring and a small O ring. The large O ring is 1 5/16 '' OD and the small one is 5/8 '' OD. They have a thickness of 1/16 ''. I am having a very hard time finding a source for these rings without having to purchase a 45+ dollar full carburetor rebuild kit. Any help would be appreciated.

Last edited by CamaroRider; 08-18-2008 at 01:50 PM.
Old 08-18-2008, 06:18 PM
Supreme Member

Car: 75 Beast
Engine: 383 +EBL Flash
Transmission: 700R4
Axle/Gears: 4.11 with 33"
Re: Source for O rings please

Contact CFM Technologies - they have kit to do just what you are looking for.
They offer an injector installation kit in TBI Repair+Accessories section for $9.95.

http://marine-performance-parts.com/

//RF
Old 08-18-2008, 07:23 PM

Thank you sir !
Old 08-19-2008, 01:51 AM
TGO - 10 Year Member

Car: 1983 Recaro T/A
Engine: L69
Transmission: MM5
Axle/Gears: 3:73

Auto Zone sells the TBI gasket set for like $7 and it includes the Injector o-Rings. I bought them last year when I had my RS.
Old 08-19-2008, 06:28 AM

Thank you TurbomanKnight

Strangely enough last week I asked for O rings at the local AutoZone and they showed me a box full of O rings (multi-pack) that I thought was not appropriate. Then another AutoZone salesperson brought up the result of a 'drill down' lookup. The O rings they found did not have the correct larger size of the two needed. The one rebuild kit they found was way overkill just to obtain the two O rings for each injector. This has been mildly frustrating because I have contacted a few of the larger auto parts places and I found they had the wrong O rings listed as being appropriate so they will be changing their websites to correct this issue. In one case I decided to call the manufacturer and ask if a suggested O ring set was the appropriate size. The small O ring was the correct size but the large O ring size was about half of the size required.

A suggestion from MetroGasket.com (I thank them for a quick and helpful reply) for lower quantity orders was to try McMaster.com This looks like an interesting choice because of the variety of composition, sizes available and price (for the relatively small minimum quantity).

The suggested CFM Technologies (from RFmaster) looks like it will work. The injectors they show on another page look just like mine so their Fuel Injector Installation Kit will most likely contain the correct O rings (I sent an Email to them to verify the contents of the kit).
Old 08-20-2008, 01:19 AM
TGO - 10 Year Member

Car: 1983 Recaro T/A
Engine: L69
Transmission: MM5
Axle/Gears: 3:73

Try Auto Zone Part Number 96-3013A. I believe that was the one I purchased.
Old 08-20-2008, 09:04 AM

When I am in town I will check into that at AutoZone just to find out if that would have worked.

I Emailed FuelInjectorConnection.com and they responded within two minutes !! I gave them the injector number and my guess at the proper size O rings (SA-025 [large] and SA-014 [small] I believe). They had the proper rings for the injector number and the material was composed of Viton. They also had the small filters that are used by these injectors. So within 4 minutes I had the order finalized and I expect delivery in a few days.

However I am now curious as to what other sources will prove to have the correct size O rings in their kits and where they can be purchased. I think some of the problems could have been solved by the computer lookups stating the exact size of the O rings that are in the package. Many just state 'this is it' and they later proved to be wrong (another delay for me). It really makes me start to question everything that I ask for nowadays. With so many variations in hose material for example and bolt quality, etc. it is a wonder we can make a final decision about anything !

Thanks again for the response TurbomanKnight.
Old 08-20-2008, 09:46 AM
Supreme Member

Car: 75 Beast
Engine: 383 +EBL Flash
Transmission: 700R4
Axle/Gears: 4.11 with 33"

'Rider

You bring up a very good question. However, there are myriad of O-rings having essentially same dimensions - while completely inappropriate for the application. Figuring that out - hmmmm - thats another story all together.
I usually send my injectors to injector cleaning service and get them back with a complete o-ring installation kit. A while back I had to buy complete rebuild kit just for o-rings. It is now gathering dust, as emergency stand by.

Additional sources for o-rings and kits

www.rockauto.com
http://www.lindertech.com/injparts.htm
http://injector-rehab.com/outpatient/injectorparts.htm

and many others

//RF
Old 08-20-2008, 10:07 AM
TGO - 10 Year Member

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts
Car: 1992 Firebird
Engine: 350 TBI W/all Ultimate TBI Mods
Transmission: 700R4 Stage 4
Axle/Gears: 9 Bolt 3.27

CamaroRider... Give me your address and i'll send you two of the large injector O-rings and two smaller ones. I have plenty left over from several kits.
----------
send me an private message on here with your address, etc. No charge to you. It's just the price of a stamp for me, lol. No biggie... The guys on here have helped me a ton and it's time to give back a little.

Sean

Last edited by dctrumpet; 08-20-2008 at 10:09 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 08-20-2008, 04:57 PM

Car: 89 chevy camaro rs
Engine: Tbi 305
Transmission: 700r4
Axle/Gears: 3:73s

Originally Posted by CamaroRider
Thank you TurbomanKnight

Strangely enough last week I asked for O rings at the local AutoZone and they showed me a box full of O rings (multi-pack) that I thought was not appropriate. Then another AutoZone salesperson brought up the result of a 'drill down' lookup. The O rings they found did not have the correct larger size of the two needed. The one rebuild kit they found was way overkill just to obtain the two O rings for each injector. This has been mildly frustrating because I have contacted a few of the larger auto parts places and I found they had the wrong O rings listed as being appropriate so they will be changing their websites to correct this issue. In one case I decided to call the manufacturer and ask if a suggested O ring set was the appropriate size. The small O ring was the correct size but the large O ring size was about half of the size required.

A suggestion from MetroGasket.com (I thank them for a quick and helpful reply) for lower quantity orders was to try McMaster.com This looks like an interesting choice because of the variety of composition, sizes available and price (for the relatively small minimum quantity).

The suggested CFM Technologies (from RFmaster) looks like it will work. The injectors they show on another page look just like mine so their Fuel Injector Installation Kit will most likely contain the correct O rings (I sent an Email to them to verify the contents of the kit).
Thats the exact same thing that happened to me. Autozone olny sells the multiport fuel injection O ring kit is what the moron working in there at the time told me, so i had to go to a junk yard and pay 5$ for a used set good buy so far.
Old 08-20-2008, 05:01 PM
TGO - 10 Year Member

Are you guys looking for #4 and #3 on the diagram???? I have two complete spare sets including the washer and two orings. WIll gladly send them if you need them
Attached Thumbnails Source for O rings please-injector.gif  
Old 08-20-2008, 05:27 PM
TGO - 10 Year Member

Ok! no big deal to me. Got them if u need them.
Old 08-20-2008, 08:00 PM

DCTrumpet I tried to send you a private message earlier today but it was my first attempt at doing so on this website. I did not see any indication that it did or did not get delivered to you. But I was able to work with FuelInjectorConnection.com and the items I ordered will be a two sets of 'Viton' O rings and two injector filters. They specified they were for my injector number and meet my measurements. This order will probably be here on Friday. But I thank you for the generous offer.

I think the parts dealers genuinely want to sell the right part but they have to work around their computer systems either having the wrong part outright or not specifying the details enough to allow them to eliminate the wrong part from being sold. One dealer ordered a specific kit and then told me over the phone it did not have the O rings and that it was not what I was looking for. So he saved me a trip into town. I find more often I have to enforce 'trust with verification'. Makes life interesting.
Old 08-20-2008, 08:50 PM
TGO - 10 Year Member

Just received your private message and just noticed your post at 8:00pm. COOL! I am glad you found what you were looking for. It is very difficult at times to find what we need for our thirdgens. GM makes life pure hell since most of the parts i seem to need have been discontinued in 2003-2004, lol.

Take care and good luck my friend.