TBI Throttle Body Injection discussion and questions. L03/CFI tech and other performance enhancements.

A means of controling tbi vortec?

Search this Thread

Old 10-31-2007, 01:25 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Car: 88k5
Engine: 5.7 vortec w/tbi
Transmission: 700r4
Axle/Gears: 14ff w/ 4.10's
A means of controling tbi vortec?

Ok guys im just about ready to look into a means of controling the new tbi setup. Ive got a marine vortec pushing close to 330hp. Its actually very closely resembles fast355's budget build motor. Im been doin alot of reading lately and have now realized there are actually quite a few choices. Im stuck between a Flash ebl system or a 93-95 pcm or the 93-95 pcm w/ the maf mods. Ill be ordering a wide band 02 sensor as well with what ever setup do decide on.

Btw this setup with be in a 88k5 blazer lifted on 38's with exstensive suspension and steering mods among other things. A normal week could include 65mph rides to work and 45* inclines and mud bogs later in the week. I plan for it to be my dd for a while so driveablity is key as well as getting it passed the emissions *****.

The ebl

I love the on the fly tuning and ease of use as well as the awesome data recording. I plan on eventually throwing a 100 shot to this motor when I get this tuning stuff down.. I got the kit dirt cheap so I figure why not. I also plan to run a dual 15" flexalite fan setup. Since the ebl has a nitrous controller as well as fan controls this seems like an obvious choice.

93-95 truck pcm

This gives me the option to upgrade to a 4l60e or 4l80e in the future.
I also belive it gives me the power to control my fan setup with a few mods. The big downside i see is the need to buy tunning equipment. and not havin the information right infront of you in a very detailed and formatted way like ebl.

93-95 pcm with the maf mod

This seems to be the most complicated option out of all of them but also seems to have the largest potential payoff of any other option. Not having to do near as much indepth tuning would be awesome. Considering this truck will go anywhere from south tx up to co to az to fl tuning is goin to be required. I havent been able to find out a whole lot on this option so any info or resources would be incredibly useful. Also would have buy tunning equipment. Seems only dimented and fast355 seem to have messed with this setup tho i could be wrong.

Any opinons or information about the above setups would be greatly apperciated. Also if you have one of the above setups would you go another route if you were to do it again? Tryin to learn from others experince so give what yall got guys im all ears.

Tailgate
Old 11-05-2007, 03:45 PM

Re: A means of controling tbi vortec?

I would do the 93-95 pcm ('7427 I think) with MAF. It seems SD systems don't deal with altitude changes too well...at least in my truck. Would be pretty cool when it's all done and tuned up. I think the MAF can acheive greater resolution in fueling, also. Fast and dimented are the gurus on that stuff, hopefully they chime in! I'm curious about this, also.
Old 11-07-2007, 09:19 AM

Car: 88k5
Engine: 5.7 vortec w/tbi
Transmission: 700r4
Axle/Gears: 14ff w/ 4.10's
Re: A means of controling tbi vortec?

Im going to have to agree with you on that 91chevyz71. It does seem to be the superior system for tbi when altitude and weather need to be considered. From what I understand Dimented is workin on a sticky thread for the conversion including the revised code and a help tips, though theres no comformation as to when it will be posted. Ill keep yall updated on my progress.

Tailgate