TBI Throttle Body Injection discussion and questions. L03/CFI tech and other performance enhancements.

L05 383 STROKER plus vortec heads & summit CAM

Search this Thread

Old 09-25-2007, 12:15 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Re: L05 383 STROKER plus vortec heads & summit CAM

updates:

well just keeping people posted... ill be on the dyno later this week, or possible pickup next week... just been a lot going on, the belt tensioner bearings crapped out, destroying my belt... so i had no accessories, until i replaced the belt, and figured out the tensioner needs to change also. put a new tensioner on there... she seems to purr even more, as if the bad bearing was putting a load on the motor...

tomorrowi plan on measure my fuel psi before i take it to the dyno, and try to obtain around 20-22 psi for him to tune it... ill also be ordering a 2" level kit, and a 3" bodylift kit... then maybe some 4" spindles if i want higher...

also plan on painting it a 1 tone color, same as the top, around xmas time or so... this is a very very very rare color, its hard to find these FSC in this stock color... ill have to look up the exact name, from my windows tag when it was new.. the bottom is called quicksiver or something... but i want the truck all the same blue as top...

also i will debadge the entire truck... door guards, chrome around wheels of fender etc... then going to paint in red, GMC 383 where the 1500 is to be... the grille will say GMC and ill have 1 GMC logo in the back door..

tell me what yall think... this is prob the 1st ive showed my truck...
big burb with the stroker! it is a total sleeper.... fun to drive...

Old 09-25-2007, 01:13 PM

does anyone know about this part number: O.E.M. #17111929

cause im going to get 2 of those, im thinking... they should be for a 95 k2500 with a 454 tbi... and they are only 65$ each... is that the better move? yeah... i better do this swap before the dyno too...

ill wait on the body lift... just get the level kit and injectors for now...

any ill effects, running these injectors at a high psi, like the stocks are now? is it going to be tunable?

Last edited by Tbi-MAX; 09-25-2007 at 01:31 PM.
Old 09-25-2007, 01:37 PM
TGO Supporter

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

maybe you know this. a 45 lb injector is used at high FP 28-30 lbs for 1995-1996 TBI 7.4 L Truck. something tells me you do not want that one? not sure what is the part # for the application I mentioned. dont you want a 80 lb injector? if so it is a xxxx2506 I recall.
Old 09-25-2007, 02:10 PM

damn, thanks Ronny, didnt know that... i really need to find the right part # so i can order those big TBI injectors...
Old 09-26-2007, 08:33 AM

Received 226 Likes on 211 Posts
Car: check
Engine: check
Transmission: check

ACD#: 217-334
GM#: 17111784

DrkRed/DrkBlu, 80.5 #/hr

RBob.
Old 09-27-2007, 12:49 PM

Originally Posted by RBob
ACD#: 217-334
GM#: 17111784

DrkRed/DrkBlu, 80.5 #/hr

RBob.
thanks ROB, wow that price went up quick...
my ACdelco dealer can get the aftermarket, as the part is no longer available... it will still cost 172 each... so thats over 300 just for the 2 injectors... WOW

anyways i want to do this, or is there a better place to be looking, as far as price etc...

--------------------------------------

i need to get this fix before the tune....

ok, this is not a new problem, but thought i fixed it when i had the leaky vacuum from the break booster... it was gone until it reappeared again i did a search and thought my IAC may need to replace...

i did the step to unplug it, along with the tach wire... the engine then revved to 1200 rpm!!! then it went up to 1400 rpm!! then settled at 1200rpm with the IAC unhooked, and the tach wire unhooked... I let it run for about 10-12 mins....

i did this with the pins grounded, and then starting the vehicle after 45 seconds....

it set off several codes... 22, 32, 33, 42, 54

now after i turn it off, re hook everything, clear the batt for a couple seconds... ALL codes are gone!! except 12 as usual....

now the engine idles at 800 near there, where it normally does...

so why would it rev that high? did it fail the IAC test??????

anyways with everything hooked up, it idles normally... its just that sometimes... it will want to rev on its on, or in idle @ park or neutral it will want to rev 9-1000 rpm sometimes... even noticed it trying to accelerate in gear the other day... i was at a stop with foot on break, and it wanted to go... (this is not good for mpg)

is my TPS sensor going again??? i remember it did something like that last time, but it wouldn't even change from 1st gear, and would bang hard, when the old TPS died... so i got a re-manufactured one which still works till this day.. its still under warranty, so i want to replace that again for free... just in case...

but as far as i know the IAC is ORIGINAL and maybe on its way out the door...

i got some new video of the truck running, and a really nice exhaust note. as i have not CAT converter anymore...
Old 09-27-2007, 01:53 PM
TGO Supporter

try rock auto or gmpartsdirect.com
Old 09-28-2007, 02:33 PM

Originally Posted by Ronny
try rock auto or gmpartsdirect.com
gmpartsdirect no longer have the part #... im just going to pay 172 each... but ill have a warranty of some sort...

thanks for the input...

well here is what i did yesterday, or day before...

this is what it idles like...
160* tstat, my oil psi is also tad under 60 psi, and the engine is fully warmed, running for a good 15 mins or so.. cold start its damn near around 70 psi...

okay, the k1103 sound great... I also removed the CAT converter about 2 weeks ago...

HOW does it sound????????????
Old 09-28-2007, 04:26 PM
Supreme Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Car: 91 Camaro RS Convertible
Engine: 305 TBI
Transmission: 5-Speed
Axle/Gears: 3.42

Sounds pretty tough. As for the IAC valve, I would not be so quick to replace it, you need a tune and your idle shows it, the IAC is most likely not bad at all it's just forced to open up more at times to keep it alive which correlates to the rise in RPM you see. How many IAC steps at idle? Are you datalogging it at all?

I would also be very hesitant to spend that much money on injectors! Even turbocity.com has them for $91.95 each and those are flow-matched I believe. Personally I'd look around on ebay or the junkyards for injectors, it takes a lot for these injectors to go bad, I think you'd find that warranty to be useless.
Old 09-28-2007, 08:31 PM

Originally Posted by BronYrAur
Sounds pretty tough. As for the IAC valve, I would not be so quick to replace it, you need a tune and your idle shows it, the IAC is most likely not bad at all it's just forced to open up more at times to keep it alive which correlates to the rise in RPM you see. How many IAC steps at idle? Are you datalogging it at all?

I would also be very hesitant to spend that much money on injectors! Even turbocity.com has them for $91.95 each and those are flow-matched I believe. Personally I'd look around on ebay or the junkyards for injectors, it takes a lot for these injectors to go bad, I think you'd find that warranty to be useless.
thanks, yea it is very throaty idle...
well im not sure on the IAC, but it does need a tune... I never datalogged it... maybe i get a copy of the datalogg, dyno sheet, etc...

i just confirmed with Alvin this afternoon to drop off.. 1st thing MON... it will be ready by Wed or so...

Im very very hesitant on the injectors, cause heck, its the price or more than the dyno...

my psi is pretty high on the stock 350 injectors at the moment.. i think the tune will do wonders...

i do want some bigger injectors, but i guess ill have to retune it again, when i finaly purchase them.... im going to talk with Alvin and see what he says or can do when i do get the bigger injectors... he is a cool guy...

you are right on the warranty also... it will be no good....

well i guess it goes to the dyno as it is now....
im going to tell Alvin i want 90#s and LT headers later down the road, and see what he can do for me as far as a retune... i know its not much at all for him to tweak a few things... but hey by then ill prob be doing my own tweak/data loggs...

well tmrw, im going to put a fresh fuel filter, new wires, and new plugs... so it will be ready for the dyno... is it necessary for NEW plugs? these only have about 5k on them or so
Old 09-29-2007, 02:48 PM

updates
well 1 day count down... left....

i got a great great deal on some 90# injectors... ill have them next week, not in time for the dyno this week... but ill keep them, till i do my long tube exhaust, then get back on the dyno in about 2-3 weeks... Im working something out with Alvin, he is a very good guy..

im going to clean my idle air control really good, turn the fuel psi up, the screw up almost the furtherst out away from the tach weld... install a new fuel filter... and head to dyno Mon..

what can I expect as far as numbers??? im not sure... but it drive fun, and will be better.. i just dont know what to expect... im sure when i do the 90#s and LTs little later, it will be even more better..

Last edited by Tbi-MAX; 09-29-2007 at 02:51 PM.
Old 09-29-2007, 08:52 PM

Originally Posted by BronYrAur
OMG! I just removed my IAC disassembled it.. cleaned it, put the spring and pintle back in... started the truck, but it would stall right away... so i pulled it again, and screwed the pintle tight this time, till it will not screw anymore... WOW what a WORLD of difference... my idle is totally smoothe now at 850 rpm, and now when i start the truck it revs lil bit like 1-1100 rpms, then idles back down perfect everytime... & quick too... I guess the pintle was dirty as crap, so it was stiff moving...

in gear my rpms drop slightly more down to 650 or so... but boy, its sounds alot better and stable with rpm, and my lope is even more noticeable...

im going to get some wd40 on it tmrw too.. but my truck no longer chuckles or wanna stall symptom's when the wheels are locked all the way...

still got to do the fuel filter and others things in the morning..

Last edited by Tbi-MAX; 09-29-2007 at 09:03 PM.
Old 09-30-2007, 10:02 AM

ok, i just made a video of a COLD start, cause its really starting to cool down here... Last night I also cleaned the IAC real well, the engine is running/idleing best ever.. Ill post later on today, of what else Ive done... with pics...

COLD start! It always starts like this on cold starts, it just takes a lil while to start, even diff spark gaps does the same... but its gapped @ .065 here... with open element... but im going back to CAI intake like my other pics next week...

after a cold start, for the rest of the day, it will start right up, and quick too... I even noticed with the cleaned IAC yesterday, that warm start, are even quicker than b4 for some reason... I guess it just idles down that much quicker now...

if anyone knows how to speed up cold starts time... please do post some more info...

dont pay attention to my speedo, it does that while starting or revving some times, I think I need a new speedo sensor, to put into the tranny... its only 1 screw...

ps, I cant wait to add my exhaust setup; but here it is....

as a matter of fact, my IAC was so dirty, it never moved really! the engine would just start at 950k and work its way down to idle, very very slowly...

now it revs up to 1300, and settles down quick as ever... just like my buick used to do... so i know its working 100% better...

Last edited by Tbi-MAX; 09-30-2007 at 11:26 AM.
Old 10-01-2007, 06:01 AM

did alot for starting late yesterday... still im about to go adjust my fuel pressure up higher some more.. this morning, b4 i drop @ dyno...

i did the fuel filter - this made my truck stop sounding like it was supercharged.. im sure its that, but i did also put a new tbi base to intake gasket on too... but after everything was when i realized.. how freakin amazingly quite this thing is... its more quite than my 350!!

I also re cleaned the IAC, this time with carb cleaner, also sprayed the TB with it, and used some WD40 on the IAC pintle and spring...

here is a WARM start - it will start like this for the rest of the day, after the COLD start.. I posted above.. but im getting ready to make another COLD start video...

IDLE rpm drop in gear.. this is when it lopes reallly good...

Exhaust in gear, low RPM (night vision)

Quick Rev to 2400 in cab

My 90# injectors will be here sometime this week.. but ill have to sit on them till i get a pod gasket kit, and my long tube headers... then redyno in about 2-3 weeks... Im talking with Alvin about this, he is really helping me out..
Old 10-01-2007, 07:28 AM
Supreme Member

Car: 88 Camaro SC
Engine: SFI'd 350
Transmission: TKO 500
Axle/Gears: 9-bolt w/ 3.23's

Originally Posted by Tbi-MAX

COLD start! It always starts like this on cold starts, it just takes a lil while to start, even diff spark gaps does the same... but its gapped @ .065 here... with open element... but im going back to CAI intake like my other pics next week...

after a cold start, for the rest of the day, it will start right up, and quick too... I even noticed with the cleaned IAC yesterday, that warm start, are even quicker than b4 for some reason... I guess it just idles down that much quicker now...

if anyone knows how to speed up cold starts time... please do post some more info...
There are cold start cranking PW multipliers vs. DRP pulses that you can use to add more fuel for the first 2 or 3 injector firings that can help prime the manifold sooner for startup. Whats happening is that the dry manifold is sucking up some of the fuel before it reaches the motor. You cant get it to fire on the first crank, but afer about one or two full revs, itll usually start.

Also, getting a better starter will help speed it up A LOT. That one sounds like its a tad slow.

Last edited by dimented24x7; 10-01-2007 at 07:34 AM.
Old 10-01-2007, 09:20 AM

Originally Posted by dimented24x7
There are cold start cranking PW multipliers vs. DRP pulses that you can use to add more fuel for the first 2 or 3 injector firings that can help prime the manifold sooner for startup. Whats happening is that the dry manifold is sucking up some of the fuel before it reaches the motor. You cant get it to fire on the first crank, but afer about one or two full revs, itll usually start.

Also, getting a better starter will help speed it up A LOT. That one sounds like its a tad slow.
ok. well i already droped it off, but ill be sure to tell Alvin when he calls me back... Yea, that starter is a re-man from mexico, it has a lifetime warranty, so ill switch it again...

also my compression is high!!! my trans guy said it almost took his spleen... turning the flexplate with a long pry bar...
------------------------------------------------

hey what gives???

my TBI sounds supercharged again????????????????????
i mean, it was so quite earlier, b4 i left the house, after I even turned the pressure up some more this morning early...

still was quite as a babby.. and was spraying the fuel alot wider and more...

but by the time I got to PCM4less, 15 miles away... pulled into the lot and main garage... dude came out like, damn, is that charged or turboed ??
which i get alot of the times... I was like nah, just loud injectors at a high psi.... Alvin wasnt there yet, but he is gonna call, left the truck and notes of what have been done.

anyways, WTF gives?? is it just my crappy injectors? must i lower back the PSI? man, it sounded so quite with it not sounding like a SC!! i plan on doing the 90#s and lower psi sooon.......
Old 10-01-2007, 09:38 AM
Supreme Member
TGO - 10 Year Member

Received 428 Likes on 368 Posts
Car: 1983 G20 Chevy
Engine: 305 TPI
Transmission: 4L60
Axle/Gears: 14 bolt with 3.07 gears

hey what gives???

my TBI sounds supercharged again????????????????????
i mean, it was so quite earlier, b4 i left the house, after I even turned the pressure up some more this morning early...

still was quite as a babby.. and was spraying the fuel alot wider and more...

but by the time I got to PCM4less, 15 miles away... pulled into the lot and main garage... dude came out like, damn, is that charged or turboed ??
which i get alot of the times... I was like nah, just loud injectors at a high psi.... Alvin wasnt there yet, but he is gonna call, left the truck and notes of what have been done.

anyways, WTF gives?? is it just my crappy injectors? must i lower back the PSI? man, it sounded so quite with it not sounding like a SC!! i plan on doing the 90#s and lower psi sooon.......
Its actually a pretty normal noise for TBI engines. I just drive it.
Old 10-01-2007, 09:41 AM

Originally Posted by Fast355
man FAST, this thing is unbelievable... it draws attention too... not a bad thing, but how was it so quite last night and this morning... ?? and the injectors were spraying just as hard... harder this morning and still super duper quite... then as I drove just 15 miles, its back supercharged even louder...
Old 10-01-2007, 01:05 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I self inflicted a vacuum leak between the intake and adapter and it screamed at idle. I thought it was the injectors too but sprayed the gasket with ether and it ran rough. Sure enough had a nice little vacuum leak.
Old 10-01-2007, 01:58 PM

it sounds like im @ 8 psi of boost or something... man, how do i check for leaks? LOL
Old 10-01-2007, 03:16 PM

Originally Posted by oldred95
I self inflicted a vacuum leak between the intake and adapter and it screamed at idle. I thought it was the injectors too but sprayed the gasket with ether and it ran rough. Sure enough had a nice little vacuum leak.
I got to have a vacuum leak, cause its night and day difference.. I know 1 of my 90* hose angles are little worn and stretched, not tight.. but I need to spray something to check for vacuum leaks, when i get it back... someone else told me could be a spacer too.. hmm; well ill post results...
Old 10-01-2007, 05:56 PM

Car: 95 ecsb c1500
Engine: 350 tbi
Transmission: 4l60e w/ 2500 stall
Axle/Gears: 8.5/3.42

tbi-max ive been following your build on here and fsc. i am looking forward to my own 383 build in the near future. it has really helped me plan my progress.
Old 10-01-2007, 06:41 PM

Originally Posted by brandont454
tbi-max ive been following your build on here and fsc. i am looking forward to my own 383 build in the near future. it has really helped me plan my progress.
cool whats your name on FSC? Its tons of info in these pages man.. its more info HERE than FSC! most of the nitty gritty is here in this thread... I also got the most help here, cause these guys know their ****! when it comes to TBI... and tunning... everything you will see on FSC is here, along with more pics and info is here... TGO!

welcome to the forum man!

for the guys over here on TGO, here is my FSC thread:
IMO its good info on both sites, from the members.. bookmark both of them!

Last edited by Tbi-MAX; 10-01-2007 at 06:50 PM.
Old 10-01-2007, 07:14 PM

alright guys, so when the 90#s get here, im putting them in the pod.. but the pod is already moded, and the screw is all the way backed out... MAX psi.... this was done b4 the tune, but with the 350 injectors

FPR looks like this, screw all the way out pretty much...
My question is: I wanted to know what is the max psi of the stock regulator & spring?

so i can make changes:

90 pph max HP supported
383 CID for the BPC numbers
15 psi (96.7pph)=365 HP BPC=94
16 psi (99.8pph)=377 HP BPC=91
17 psi (102.9pph)=389 HP BPC=88
18 psi (105.9pph)=400 HP BPC=86

damnit, my thread is so informative it answered itself almost....

Originally Posted by BMonte
What he's saying is that the stock regulator won't make it much past 15 or 16 psi. Top down solutions sells a slightly stiffer spring that will get you close to 20 psi, and you have to get a vacume referenced regulator (also sold by TDS) if you want to go higher. You just leave the vacume referenced port un-hooked and use the stiffer spring. Some members have had luck finding stiffer springs laying around the garage.

The ultimate setup is to bypass the stock regulator and go with an external one designed for the higher pressures.
but question? isn't 15 psi all the way with the screw in & tach welded??

now im confused again.. im going to have to get a gauge..

anyways the 90# along with long tubes will be on there in a few weeks i guess... prob need a redyno tweak.. we will see what Alvin says...
Old 10-01-2007, 08:29 PM

is this normal?? the video is lil older when i 1st turn the psi up.. but man, it sounds like this, but lil louder now... a good bit louder i should say... this cant be normal..

this is with the hood closed, and a good distance back...

im going to figure this out...
Old 10-01-2007, 08:41 PM

IMO when i pulled up to the shop sounding like i had a poweradder in a big suv, in a car lot full of some of the baddest Camaros, Ive ever seen... felt kinda weird... must have had 20-30 Camaros out there... It was 1 of the 2 dynos in my area PCM4less has... both within 15 miles from my house..

Im a take some pics when I go pick it up... those guys had some nice stuff man, really nice setups Ive never seen online... they were doing suspensions, rear ends, LTs, you name it.. alot of those cars had drag tires on them, and were damn wide as F!!!

im just surrounded by all this race stuff... heck the name of my street is named after a legend in nascar...
Old 10-01-2007, 08:54 PM

I miss my 95 Z.
Old 10-01-2007, 11:33 PM
Supreme Member
TGO - 10 Year Member

is this normal?? the video is lil older when i 1st turn the psi up.. but man, it sounds like this, but lil louder now... a good bit louder i should say... this cant be normal..

this is with the hood closed, and a good distance back...
This is what my 305 sounded like with 35# injectors @ 36 PSI. Still had cast-iron manifolds on it too, I might add.

http://vanner83.tripod.com/sitebuild...s/100_0688.mov

You can really hear them inside the Van on this cold start.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=FmS1m3zlqHo

Again

http://youtube.com/watch?v=7nVQePIYzhI
Old 10-02-2007, 04:04 AM

Car: 95 ecsb c1500
Engine: 350 tbi
Transmission: 4l60e w/ 2500 stall
Axle/Gears: 8.5/3.42

cool whats your name on FSC? Its tons of info in these pages man.. its more info HERE than FSC! most of the nitty gritty is here in this thread... I also got the most help here, cause these guys know their ****! when it comes to TBI... and tunning... everything you will see on FSC is here, along with more pics and info is here... TGO!
on fsc im bthomas454. been there since 2003.

just got rid of my bagged 98 rcsb back in march. picked up a sweet 95 ecsb i plan on making into quite a sleeper.
Old 10-02-2007, 01:49 PM

Car: 1993 Caprice LTZ
Engine: 350 TBI
Transmission: 4L60 (700R4)

Well did Alvin tune that thing out yet or what? I am dying over here...COME ON MAX dang!!!

JB
Old 10-02-2007, 03:25 PM

Originally Posted by brandont454
on fsc im bthomas454. been there since 2003.

just got rid of my bagged 98 rcsb back in march. picked up a sweet 95 ecsb i plan on making into quite a sleeper.
looking good Brandon, I just seen your post on FSC earlier... you are right, the BEST of the TBI is 95... lol
----------
Originally Posted by JohnBlazeLTZ
Well did Alvin tune that thing out yet or what? I am dying over here...COME ON MAX dang!!!

JB
im going to keep you posted SOON as I get it back man... Im not kidding when I say they are booked up... LOL he did say, leave it a few days, so i aint gonna rush him... they guy lives about 30-40 miles away from this particular shop...

im getting my scanner ready for warmup...
----------
This is what my 305 sounded like with 35# injectors @ 36 PSI. Still had cast-iron manifolds on it too, I might add.

http://vanner83.tripod.com/sitebuild...s/100_0688.mov

You can really hear them inside the Van on this cold start.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=FmS1m3zlqHo

Again

http://youtube.com/watch?v=7nVQePIYzhI
FAST I do hear them inside the van alot on that cold start video... maybe I just got to get used to it...

I picked up some 91 454 injectors... they are going in, when i do my exhaust and stuff, then maybe redyno.. what increase in hp do you estimate?

im also going to spray carb cleaner on tb, plate, manifold, when i get it back, just to double check if im not leaking anywhere...

Last edited by Tbi-MAX; 10-02-2007 at 03:30 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 10-02-2007, 03:40 PM

Awe Max...I am just messing with you...I know it wouldn't be done in one day...but...looking back...when you first started this little bitty project...I think you were hoping to have it done in 3 weeks right man?

LMAO... ....I on the other hand knew better...considering that it took me a year to finally fix my leaking rad....I guess the old analogy rings true...

"These things take time."

JB
Old 10-02-2007, 04:07 PM

Awe Max...I am just messing with you...I know it wouldn't be done in one day...but...looking back...when you first started this little bitty project...I think you were hoping to have it done in 3 weeks right man?

LMAO... ....I on the other hand knew better...considering that it took me a year to finally fix my leaking rad....I guess the old analogy rings true...

"These things take time."

JB
yes indeed.. a good 6 months in the making... Ive learned so much in that time, since this thread was started... down to a lil budget that didnt work out, down to trying to stick with tbi heads, to almost ordering the wrong heads, down to a oxycotton crackhead mechanic... aww man the list goes on...

it was quite a few steps, that could have been disaster! but i pulled through it all, and took the advice of the guys on TGO!

yes these thing DO take time, and patience is virtue, and you pay for convenience... i rather pay more to get the job done or complete promptly etc... ive learned alot..

John you was always behind me, thanks man! I pulled through...
Old 10-02-2007, 04:47 PM

yes these thing DO take time, and patience is virtue, and you pay for convenience... i rather pay more to get the job done or complete promptly etc... ive learned alot..

John you was always behind me, thanks man! I pulled through...
No problem man.

You know...there was a time where I thought I knew a lot...not everything...but a lot...and when I realized I didn't know enough...it was very humbling. When I first came to #rd Gen...I did A LOT of reading before I even bothered posting. Till this day...I run across ideas or info that is intriguing I just go start doing some internet searching....or even ask some guys on some of the various forums out there. Its surprising that somebody that you've never met is more than happy to help out online with advice. Its amazing. It's like back in the day...when the neighbors used to help out with a cup full of sugar to finish baking cookies or something...except without the sugar...and the cookies for that matter...I guess...LOL.
Old 10-03-2007, 09:46 PM

alright look what came in the mail this morning...

package?

4 injectors

1991 454 injectors in pod

could these be 90#s too?

trucks still @ dyno getting tuned...
Old 10-04-2007, 08:01 AM

alright look what came in the mail this morning...

package?

4 injectors

1991 454 injectors in pod

could these be 90#s too?

trucks still @ dyno getting tuned...
Shouldn't you bring them to the tuner to use them with the tune??
Old 10-04-2007, 11:50 AM

updates:

well you know i update over here 1st....

Shouldn't you bring them to the tuner to use them with the tune??
yeah, but im going to wait till I do the exhaust with long tubes... they got here lil late. but i didnt know ill have them so soon... Alvin also agrees, to just wait on the 90#s till I redo the exhaust.. he said its hurting their... he would do that...

so im on the way to pick it up... its not fully finished, he had a incident in the family, that happened the same day i dropped it off.. he did get 3-4 pulls before i started leaking from the valve covers at those RPMs, i never took it before....

so ive got to get a new valve cover set today, do the exhaust, then install the 90#s, then he is going to re-dyno and tune it up, with a finish touch for me...

he said it was pulling great, until the oil leak... he also got the shifting down pack nice how a truck should feel, and got my lope nice and low like i wanted it.. with a good idle.. and the air fuel ratios are good to go for now... so i can take it for a weekend trip outta town... this week...

this also helps me out to my favor.... sorry no dyno sheet just yet...

off to go pick it up, and get some videos... @ idle atleast for today... lol
Old 10-04-2007, 01:43 PM

OMG!! WOW!!

what a freakin difference....

man, the reponse is way better. I mean damn the truck is a entire new beast of a animal... almost snapped my neck pulling out of there.. RPMs seems to jump alot higher too... and idles down very nice and low quickly...

i about did a wheel spin, just part throttle maybe qtr about 20 mph... the shifts are more spaced, and it knows what gears to choose now.. boy it feels like a truck should...

ill get some videos later on...

i have to order my valve covers today... the tranny leaked too... maybe about 3/4 qtr was on the floor... but i think thats cause it was overfilled.... im taking it to my trans guy for clarfication, etc... its still under warranty.. still drives strong IMO...

looks like, ill get the covers and headers this week... then drop them 90#s in...

right now, i can smoke someone just 1/4 throttle... maybe less than that... its torquey as hell... its like a bunny rabbit..
Old 10-04-2007, 03:02 PM

Received 226 Likes on 211 Posts
Car: check
Engine: check
Transmission: check

RBob.
Old 10-04-2007, 03:13 PM

Originally Posted by RBob

RBob.

Thanks... AGAIN!!

I want to THANK EVERYONE for their input, everyone who posted on this thread... THANK YOU!! Could not have done all of this without the input... thanks guys... TGO RULES!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited by Tbi-MAX; 10-04-2007 at 04:36 PM.
Old 10-04-2007, 04:26 PM

VIDEOS

OMG, just got back in from making a couple quick videos for the guys on TGO... you know ill post them here 1st... It was pretty scary, I mean damn... im thinking those are "only" the stock injectors?? OMG!

get this, my rear tires are even low on air, 1 on the driver side almost is starting to look flat, cause it needs pressure... I really need a new set, but i have to lift up the truck 1st.. but man, i made the tires chirp on a low pressure tires...

the engine just revved something a good bit PAST 5K!! strong too... the needle in the gauge is what kept it from moving any further... ROFL!

I took some videos of a 20 rolll; dead stop; braking; and a few revvs.... what a freaking difference... just go back, and compare my old videos to this one....

im waiting to host these videos...

FINALLY

NEW TUNED IDLE

REV PAST 5K (hits the pin in the cluster)

20 mph ROLL - CALL b!tches

BRAKING & 0-something... (ran out of road, also was curvy)

what do you guys think?? Im verry very happy with results.... and can not wait to get 90#s in there, long tube headers, with 3" exhaust... and a FINAL tune to finish it up.... WOOT WOOT!!

remember this is in a BIG, HEAVY, supposed to be slow Suburban.... now imagine it in a light 3rd GEN.... TBI has lots of power, IMO!!

Last edited by Tbi-MAX; 10-04-2007 at 04:56 PM.
Old 10-04-2007, 05:01 PM

ToTheTop - TTT

LOL, I'm making the guys on FSC wait for a while...
Old 10-04-2007, 05:52 PM

TBI .. thats not very nice !
Old 10-04-2007, 06:41 PM

Car: 77 K20 80 K2500 93 C2500 94 K1500
Engine: 350 350 454 350
Transmission: 350 465 80E 60E
Axle/Gears: 4.10 3.73 5.13 3.73

Originally Posted by 1badz71tahoe
1If he is porting the heads in a vocational class, he's only like 25 years old max am i correct? How can a 25 year old have GOBS of "Racing Engine Experience".
easy there cowboy... some of us have more engine experience than 99% of those twice our age...
Old 10-04-2007, 07:01 PM

Originally Posted by MStefak
TBI .. thats not very nice !
LOL

I posted it up after a lil while... yea, I know I should have had on my seat belts... I wouldnt rev it in park so hard next time, someone said dont take it over 4k without load... I didnt know that.... it still did 5k in gear.... i wonder what it will actually rev too... the power is brute...
Old 10-04-2007, 07:44 PM

ok, yea, here is the PCM... told him ill take care of it... Alvin is so cool, he is really helping me out...

I didnt know it was just right, behind the glove box.. no screw or nothing, easy to access...

yepp, here is the numbers on the PCM
Old 10-05-2007, 09:03 AM

just got back from my transmission guy... yepp... it was overflow that spilled at the dyno... he also pumped out about 1.5- 2 qtrs this morning... everything on the dipstick is exactly where it should be...

now i just got to get my valve covers, and find some good long tubes, etc.... then get back on dyno and make a couple more runs... and get a dyno sheet for yall....
Old 10-05-2007, 03:50 PM

just got back from my transmission guy... yepp... it was overflow that spilled at the dyno... he also pumped out about 1.5- 2 qtrs this morning... everything on the dipstick is exactly where it should be...

now i just got to get my valve covers, and find some good long tubes, etc.... then get back on dyno and make a couple more runs... and get a dyno sheet for yall....
Who the hell overfilled it like that?

Oh and BTW...the video at the 20mph roll was sick!!!! man...that thing revs like am S.O.B.

Johnny Blaze likes...two thumbs up...way up...
Old 10-05-2007, 05:08 PM
Supreme Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Car: 84' Monte
Engine: 350
Transmission: 700-r4
Axle/Gears: ferd 9" posi 3.50 gears

Aww come on man, atleast get us the peak numbers or somthing.

After I said hello, the second thing out of my mouth would have been "how much she make?!?!"
Old 10-05-2007, 05:39 PM
Supreme Member
TGO - 10 Year Member

Originally Posted by BMmonteSS
Aww come on man, atleast get us the peak numbers or somthing.

After I said hello, the second thing out of my mouth would have been "how much she make?!?!"
LOL, you and me both

Quick Reply: L05 383 STROKER plus vortec heads & summit CAM