TBI Throttle Body Injection discussion and questions. L03/CFI tech and other performance enhancements.

Better Air Flow Idea???

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-2001, 10:15 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Better Air Flow Idea???

I have a 92 Camaro Rs... and I was tryin to figure out if I could get cold air into the air filter somehow without doing too much work to it. I have it open all around the air filter itself, but I know that cold air is better, so is it possible to take the snorkle and mount it lower, or shorten it so it hangs closer to the ground to suck in cold air??? Thanx for any suggestions.
Old 01-11-2001, 07:53 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Car: '92 RS
Engine: In pieces
Transmission: Built 4L60
I'll tell you what I did. You know that Black plastic thing that goes arund your hood latch??? Take it out. There are also 2 air dicts that route air through 2 ports towards the radiatorTake the out also. There are no coolning concerns to worry about. The air dam pulls enough air in to keep you cool. Then put in an open element and you'll have all to cool air you can handle. I did this to mine so I speak from experience. Others will flame me but they don't have my car and I know it works. But that's just by sotp-o-meter.

Later,
lars