TBI Throttle Body Injection discussion and questions. L03/CFI tech and other performance enhancements.

just had my car crashed in to...GRRRRRRRR

Search this Thread

Old 12-19-2000, 11:50 PM
Yam

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
just had my car crashed in to...GRRRRRRRR

The guy who crashed into it was driving a dodge caravan and reversed into the front of me in a car park. Theres not alot of damage, the paint is messed up because the plastic bumper flexed and it chipped off the paint. So i call the police and as we're waiting for them he tells me that he doesn't have his drivers license with him, its at home.
The police get there, ignore me, and ask the guy what damage has been done to his dodge. Then the cop turns to me and says... well it shouldn't cost your insurance that much.
So I say... yeah it ain't gonna cost my insurance nothing coz he was the one that crashed into me.
so then he tells me... well I wouldn't go to the insurance because your car is 11 years old.
Like WTF is that?!?!!
The cop tells the other guy that he should pay for the damage to my car, gets into his car and drives off!
Never asked for anyones drivers license, insurance, registration and didn't give the other guy a ticket!!
So now i'm pissed coz the cop was ready to give me a ticket but as soon as he finds out its not my fault he drives off!
So now the kids parents turn up and his dad is like well you have to take your car to my mechanic. the place he wanted me to go is like 60 f**kin miles away. I tell him hes jokin and that i'll take it to my mechanic and if he has a problem with that i'll just phone the police again and go to the insurance.
So now I have to get my car painted again!!! I only had it done 2 months ago :/
Old 12-20-2000, 12:54 AM

Car: 92 Z, 91 Formula, 04 CTS, 01 Tahoe
Engine: 355 forged 4 bolt, SuperRam, 58mm t
Transmission: T5, looking for t-56
OOOOOhh.Know how you feel.I just had my car painted about four months ago.Two weeks later,someone vandelized my hood Got a SS fiberglass hood out of it though Getting repainted tomorrow.

------------------
'91 RS 5.0 TBI
New paint-solid black
ROH Snyper wheels-17x9 wrapped in 275/40/17
Eibach sportline springs
ASCD SS hood
Flowmaster cat-back
TBI mods
383 implantation soon to come.
Old 12-20-2000, 07:23 AM
Supreme Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Car: 1991 Pontiac Firebird
Engine: 3.8
Transmission: 700r4
Axle/Gears: Dana 60
Geez, good thing that guy went along with u. Cause with the insurance u have to have a police report, and by the sound of ur story, that officer didn't write up sh*t about the little accident.
Old 12-20-2000, 10:07 AM
Supreme Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Car: 1986 Firebird
Engine: 2.8 V6
Transmission: 700R4
I believe the police should have some kind of record; someone must've told someone something at dispatch. You can file a police report yourself, I believe. Do that quick! I know that if there's an accident, and no policeman shows up, you're supposed to trade insurance items, and then get to the police station asap to file a police report. The first police report usually is considered the "correct" one.. a second one looks to a judge as if "why did this guy file one so late?" Know what I mean?

------------------
-Tom P (Hot rodded 1986 Firebird 2.8l) from http://www.f-body.net/mailbag/3rd/3rd_mailbag.html message boards
---Think your car could be pic of the week? Visit http://www.f-body.net for details!
Old 12-20-2000, 11:00 AM
Supreme Member

Car: 92 RS - Fully Restored w/Custom Int
Engine: LO3 with some mods
Transmission: T-5
Axle/Gears: 3.42 Richmond
That's FOUL troop!!!

Police officers are ALWAYS supposed to file an accident report regardless of how negligable the damage is. Yes it gets the insurance companies involved but only if either party reports it. If the other guy backed into you then he is AUTOMATICALLY at fault. If you haven't done so file a police report at the precinct, take pictures of the damage, and get an estimate from a body shop sent to this character ASAP. If he balks at payment just threaten to sue his a$$
Old 12-21-2000, 01:09 AM

Car: 92 RS, 02 Tacoma, 2 73 Porsche 914s
evidence evidence evidence. get pics of your car, and if you can go take pictures of his car. OFFICERS BADGE NUMBER???? find it and go to a judge. Explain. Then, i would file suit, pending payment. if you get payed, drop suit. might sue anyway, since you just got it painted and its costing you more than just paint and repair now. Time.

Keep us updated
Old 12-21-2000, 02:03 PM

Sounds like the cop knew the guy or something...that is outrageous! I would have drove to the police station and talked to the watch commander immediately and got a police report from him along with getting that idiot in trouble. A little ding these days are $150 and up. I got harrassed for filing a report after a moving company opened it's swinging doors on the truck into the side of my car but after everyone found out it was $150-250 to get it fixed they shutup. Just about the whole back quarter panel had to be repainted to blend it in with the rest of the paint.

I used to work for the Florida DOT safety office and worked with accident reports and to tell you how lazy some cops are when it comes to writing up accident reports, we had one county where all the cops were LAZY! Your suppose to have a small drawing showing which lane the involved vehicles were in at the time of the crash and anything else that was hit to help identify the accident better for various reason. These cops would write in the report that they actually saw the accident take place but then write on the ack of the report that no diagragm was available or not enough info...they just saw it happen!

Get the report!
Old 12-21-2000, 04:57 PM

police report only had to be filed if its over $500 in damage. Ive gotten into an accident before and the cops wouldnt even come. The lady didnt have her drivers license on her, and the cops just said, "well if it isnt $500 theres no need for us, just switch information"
Old 12-23-2000, 12:25 AM

I had that same stuff happen to me about 5 months after I got my lisence. We were all at a stop light and the fat old lady puts her Van (FULL SIZE CONVERSON VAN) in netrual and it rolls back about 4 feet in to me. Tottaly messed up my front end. The worse part was the cop was 4 cars behind. He came saw it started takin my name. I was like she bumbed in to me, he looked at her and she agreed. So he looked at her car and said no damage, then looked at me and was like it shouldnt cost you that much. And got in his car and left. I asked about tickets and he said it was no ones fault and said if there is a problem call the station and ask for him. Well 450 bucks later for the front end to be fixed, and a year later, I get a letter from some lawyer, saying I hit his client and how she has sever neck problems and if I pay some ungodly amount they are gonna sue me. A 17 YEAR OLD!!!GREAT, just whut the insurance camapany needed to hear. That BS would have put this NJ boys insurance threw the roof. Well I sent pictures of my car with the damage to the insurance company and my bill for the paint. With that they went after the fat old which. This should make you smile about a 18 months after it all went down I pull up next to some sucka in a Rice Burner, he revs, I rev RACE IS ON! I smoked him. At the gas statin a day later I saw him so I was nice to talk to him and say nice race. And he was like "I know you you hit my girlfriend and her mother" Sucks to be hime :0)

[This message has been edited by PopaPork (edited December 24, 2000).]